2003 S60

2003 Volvo S60

2003 Volvo S60

4.4

Have you driven the 2003 Volvo S60?

Wow. What a value as a used car.

by Guy from Wisconsin on Sat Aug 02 2008

Bought this sedan with 95K on it, and wow, could not be happier. I have been getting about 33 MPGs on the highway, the car drives and handles like a dream. Interior looks new yet, and you can tell the construction materials were top notch. For the money, I would take the S60T over any BMW or Lexus. Car just feels safe too.

What a great car!!

by Volvo fan from Colorado on Sun Feb 22 2009

We bought this as a replacement for our old Accord and have absolutely fallen in love. The S60 gets great performance out of the 5-cylinder turbo with fantastic handling -- very sporty. The automatic transmission that can be used as a manual is also pretty neat. We are very proud of our blue-grayish model but have been less impressed with the more generic colors (i.e. grey, silver, white, etc.) The sound system is above average with a unique dial for the radio presets as opposed to the traditional buttons. The heated leather seats have been wonderful through the cold winter. The seats (and mirrors) also have programmable memory which is convenient for a multiple driver situation. It's a Volvo so you know its safe -- airbags everywhere it seems. I could go on forever about this car but the bottom line is the S60 is a beautiful, well-crafted, fun-to-drive vehicle. We were devoted Accord fans but have now found a new love: the Volvo S60. Buy this car and you will not be disappointed.

A curiously good car

by Mellish from Llano, Tx on Wed Oct 13 2010

I feel in love with my Volvo S60 even before getting mine. I drove a friends S60 automatic and fell in love with its responsiveness and surprisingly tight feel. After getting my manual, i also became aware of how solid and stout the 2.4 I5 engine could be. I drove the wheels off it, and when i put her in the ditch, she would climb back out and keep on running. Living in the Texas hill country, deers have chased me into the shoulders and sides 4 times, and not even a quiver. When you shut the door, its heavy construction and robust body sounds more like a large vault door, as apposed to the tinny sound heard from Honda's and Toyota's. above all, the seats and interior were very comfortable and cushy, so long drives were never a problem. Sadly, in october 2010 my S60 met with demise when it was rear ended out into traffic and t-boned, yet i was able to walk away unscratched. In short, this is a very nice, luxurious sedan which holds its quality through the test of time.

Best older vehicle ive driven!

by stephenvolvo123 from Red Bank, NJ on Sun Jul 30 2017

Bought the car about 1 year ago with 149k from a Volvo specialist mechanic, and the mechanicals feel like they just came out of the factory. A little slow on the top end, but overall performance and refinement is what you would expect from the Swedes. Overall for $3,000 was a great buy and great value for the money. Would definitely recommend car.. only issue was CAT is bad so find one with a replaced CAT if possible.

S60

by FastbirdXX from on Mon Dec 03 2012

Car is still tight and very comfortable. Back seat is cramped, but I guess that's why they make the bigger car. First long trip in it and it consistantly showed 28 MPG and the math bears that out. Just wonder why these manufacturers keep building interference engines?

2003 Volvo S60 2.3Turbo

by The Monk of Gateway from Portland Oregon on Mon Apr 24 2017

Fantastic car !!! Paid $600, has small amount of damage on R.F. corner. And the radiator is cracked. Need Hood, Hood hinge, Radiator, Radiator hoses & Headlight Lens. (I'm able to make repairs...) Car is super reliable, even with the damages. I'm so in-love with this car, I named it "Jenny". Car has 146,000 mi. , was serviced in Jan. 2017 and had electrical coils replaced. Drives like a dream...

Love this car!

by Jon Q. Citizen from Columbus, OH on Thu Jun 12 2014

I recommend this vehicle to those who love luxury, speed, and comfort. Purchased used, but this vehicle is performing well and I've had no issues with it. Drives smooth, hugs the road, quiet interior, & can "get up and go" when you want to, but it's the feel of it that really has me loving this car. I'm almost 6'2", and fit comfortably, but no one can sit behind me in the back seat because there is only a few inches of leg room.

Wonderful luxury/sport sedan

by Andrew from Newport Beach,CA on Tue Sep 25 2012

Love this car!! so reliable,great in gas,sporty,never an issue,enjoy the way in handles,i receive complements from friends and relatives about my car,my wife also owns one,most reliable car we ever owned.

Excellent Used Car Purchase!

by Aggressive Styling from North Chili, NY on Sat Aug 04 2012

Purchased a Volvo S60 used and love it! Perfect combination of luxury and sport. Handles magnificently and the interior is beautiful.

Does not recommend this car!!

Loved that car

by though not easily impressed from Texas on Fri May 15 2009

So how do you really analyze the outcome of a past event? I owned my 2003 Volvo for 3+ years and loved it everyday I drove it. It was only the second car I ever owned that I loved the styling from every angle. The engine was strong, the stereo (one of my priorities) was awesome, the cabin was luxurious and comfortable. I say "was" because in the dark, in the rain, on the interstate, I met a wall of high water at about 60mph. Maybe you could blame my driving skills, but still the car violently spun round and round and into the muddy median ditch against a concrete barrier. Every corner of the car was battered, dented, or missing, and eventually the car was deemed a total loss. But I wrenched open the drivers-side door and emerged unscathed--not even a neck twinge, just a noticable pressure from the seat belt that securely held me in the seat. I hated walking away from "blue baby" but believe it may have saved me from at least some injury. I'll probably buy another one.

1 2

Our Take on the 2003 Volvo S60

The sense is incongruous with the image when you climb behind the wheel of a Volvo knowing that the car has been ''electronically limited'' to a top speed of 155 miles per hour - a speed that comes from an engine pounding out 300 horsepower.

Volvos, my father once told me, were the choice of the tweed-jacket-suede-elbows set; of guys who smoked pipes and had beards; of women in peasant blouses.

These were sturdy, safe, reliable cars with the durability and performance appeal of your average brick.

But then, in recent years, they took Volvo out of the box: got rid of the hard lines and sharp corners and gave the Volvo a soft, round, aerodynamic feel.

Then they brought in all-wheel-drive, not... Read More