2012 S60

2012 Volvo S60

2012 Volvo S60

Have you driven the 2012 Volvo S60?

Love It

by College Student from Evanston, IL on Wed Feb 08 2012

The 2012 S60 is so much better than my junky 2003 S40! I am so happy with this upgrade. Great acceleration, great look, and I love the hypoallergenic seats (I thought I would miss leather, but I don't). To "Disappointed" from DC - Why would you buy a car that you find uncomfortable??

Volvo (finally) won me over

by car buff from Minneapolis, MN on Thu May 24 2012

Wow, what a fabulous car! BMW 3 series used to be my favorite sports sedan...until I tried the 2012 S60. I've driven all the European and Asian luxury sports sedans (and most of the American ones too). Motor Trend was right when the ranked it higher than every other sedan, except the BMW 3 series. The BMW is a little sportier to drive, but the Volvo wins easily as best overall value and best features. Amazing comfort, the quietest interior on the highway, sporty handling, fast acceleration, incredible safety features that all you to feel more relaxed while driving and great fuel economy (I average 32 mpg with mostly highway driving). Get the tech package (safety features) and stereo upgrade. They're overpriced, but I love them and would buy them again.

Sweeeeeeet Ride

by SpeedDaemon from Orange County, CA on Thu Oct 11 2012

Very nice well appointed ride. Opted for the T5. Engine has plenty of power and gives you a nice kick in the pants in sport mode. Handling is fine for entry level luxo sport sedan. Engine and transmission are quick. Seats are the best with great lumbar and thigh support. Interior is very high quality - a bit better than run of the mill Benz and way better than BMW - in line with Audi. Fit and finish rivals lexus. Styling is refreshing and everything seems to make ergonomic and functional sense. Nice infotainment system - sound is high end - Navi is easy to use. Blue tooth is apple flawless. Nice to have a car with zero initial quality issues - which is the norm with germans. Gas mileage is decent - 32 on HWY with little traffic - about 28 mixed on REGULAR. Premium does a little better and unleashes a bit more fun out engine. The car is a smart value for the money.

All services included!

by Happy owner from Beautiful San Diego on Mon Oct 21 2013

Purchased Volvo S60 T5 in 2011 (2012 MY). Great car. I test drove about 20 competing sedans before deciding. The Volvo was definitely the quietest ride. The interior is good and comfortable...and the warranty and service (5/50K all included) can't be beat. The only serious competitors in this class were Lexus and Jaguar XF at nearly $20K more.

Great Car!

by Oso Viejo from Dallas, TX on Thu Jul 28 2016

Bought a 2012 S60 with CPO at 36,000 miles from local dealer last year. 18,000 miles later no service needed other than oil changes. Switching from 5 years in a BMW 528 to the Volvo I had concerns about driving dynamics. Still find the FWD torque steer a bit annoying under very hard acceleration, but am very pleased overall. That said, the value proposition vs BMW is very significant. I'm 6'3" and 260 and find plenty of room and great seating comfort. The telescoping wheel comes out really far which is great for accommodating the distance I need to move the seat back for leg room. Sound system is very good. Love the heated seats. The BLIS system can lockup under certain lighting conditions or in the rain and is only moderately useful, in my opinion. Mostly highway driving. Best I can manage is about 30 mpg, but I drive pretty aggressively on the highway. Mixed driving usually around 26-28 mpg. I tend to use mid-grade and occasionally high octane which I find yield higher miles per gallon sufficient to offset most of the cost differential. Your milage may vary. Drove a new Volvo from '88-93, and from 2000-2004. This is my third. They've all been extremely reliable. Much more so than the two BMWs, a Jaguar, and a Saab sandwiched around the Volvos. Highly recommend.

This car is awesome

by Dr. Cory from NJ on Wed Sep 21 2016

Bought the 2012 S60 T6 with 128,000 miles. It drives like it's fairly new. Much quicker than the 2005 S60 Manual. Handling is pretty similar. Love the style. One problem I find is that it is difficult to get into the vehicle, without brushing real hard against the rubber trim and the side casing that covers the seatbelt and side airbag. I'm almost 6ft, 210, and I popped the casing away from the rubber within a couple weeks of owning the vehicle. I never had that problem with the '05. It seems to run heavy when I am driving under 25 mph, but when I'm on the highway, this car is sweet.

Excellent car

by baha from Istanbul on Wed Jan 02 2013

S60 1.6 powershift automatic model is the most valueable car , fuel consumption is very low , very confortable , volvos reliability is very high , choose volvolvo ....

Best Volvo I have owned

by Faithful Volvo Driver from Menlo Park CA on Wed Nov 27 2013

I love everything about this car. It does everything I wanted. Lots more power than my older car. Redesign is great.

Great car!!

by Baba from Westchester on Fri Nov 29 2013

I bought the 2012 S 60 in June of 2012 after thinking between others and Volvo. I had Q 5 which is a great car but need second car for daily commute.Made the right decision. Bought that from NJ dealer. Sales person is fantastic. No pressures. Bought it and so far no regrets. Safety, reliability and service. All are great. Its not 3 series but its 3 G less and almost perform well. Need no premium gas. Which is a plus. Will just recommend to go test drive before thinking of getting any car. I will get aother S 60 if I have to!!

Great car overall

by John from Bayside, New York on Mon Mar 09 2015

I have never owned a Volvo before - it is a great change! The ride is very quiet, the seats are very comfortable, and it takes bumps well. The power is absolutely amazing. Unlike other cars I've owned, you never have to get the revs up to accelerate onto a highway or pass someone. The power is so smooth and throughout the range. As for the interior, the radio system is great and has a lot of features and the climate control is very consistent. I've only owned the car for a few months (I bought it certified pre-owned) but no problems so far. Overall, great car - highly recommended.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Our Take on the 2012 Volvo S60

Before test-driving the 2012 Volvo S60, I considered Volvos to be functional cars that included cutting-edge safety features. Put another way, I thought Volvos were dutifully practical family cars that weren't necessarily fun to drive.

Then I got behind the wheel of the 2012 Volvo S60. I found the acceleration to be so smooth and the handling to be so lovely on my test car that I double-checked the car's logo a few times to make sure this wasn't one of those sporty German cars in disguise.

With its 3.0-liter turbo engine that delivers 325 horsepower, the 2012 Volvo S60 T6 R-Design was a blast to drive, and it debunked my previous notions about Volvos being simply practical. The icing on the S60... Read More