2014 S60

2014 Volvo S60

2014 Volvo S60

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2014 Volvo S60?

2014 - Volvo S60 - Platinum - R-Design w/ Polestar

by Montobon from Coventry RI on Thu Apr 03 2014

I just purchased a new 2014 - Volvo S60 - Platinum - R-Design w/ Polestar. I never thought I would be stating that I purchased a Volvo. But now I am more than proud to say "I just bought a new Volvo". I will start by stating this - 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. Holy Cow.... This car moves. This car rivals anything out there right now. The handling, acceleration, overall performance is amazing. I figure I am going to start seeing a great deal of these cars on the road once people start test driving them. The Style, Comfort, Performance and even the Fuel Economy (Averaging 24 City/ 28 Hwy - better than sticker) are all extreme. You have to take one out. Drive it for 5 minutes. You will be sold. Seriously, the only draw backs I have found to the car - Driver Compartment Storage and 12V Outlets. There is only (1) 12 Volt Outlet in the car and it is in the hideaway console. So when you plug something in, the console must remain open. Not the greatest design. I guess they spent there time on every other feature of the car. I highly recommend this car. For those individuals that have to drive in the snow like myself (Rhode Island). This car w/ AWD is a dream. Grabs the road and goes. You will not be disappointed.

I love my S60

by KG from omaha, ne on Sun Aug 14 2016

I've owned and driven many cars. Mostly sedans. The Volvo S60 has been an excellent addition to my car history. I purchased a CPO 2014 S60 T5 Platinum from my local Volvo dealership. The value of this car is amazing. The turbo 5 cylinder has all the pep you'd need in a sedan. The interior is logically ergonomic and well appointed. The leather accents on the door panels are just dreamy to touch, and the seats are superb. Everything about this car is just precisely perfect. If you're looking at a BMW, Audi, or Merc in this class - I urge you to test drive a Volvo. Premium quality without the pretentiousness.

Great vehicle; very happy with S60

by Ted Volvo S60 owner from Eastern US on Mon Aug 05 2013

Very comfortable seats. Quiet cabin. Really sticks to road with handling package. Newly available navigation system which connects to cell phone wifi hot spot is interesting. Found that back seats were comfortable for adult for trip of about 3 hours in length. I am a repeat Volvo customer. This is my first Volvo sedan (have had 2 wagons in the past plus currently own a Volvo wagon). I have driven the S60 about two thousand miles so far and am very satisfied with the car.

Wonderful Upgrade

by MichelleR82 from Ringoes, NJ on Thu Mar 16 2017

Prior to purchasing this 2014 S60, I owned a 2004 S80 with over 200k miles on it-- I loved the car and am very happy to have reminders of the '04 model in the '14 S60. The car is comfortable, handles extremely well in the snow. I have had so many compliments on the look of the exterior as well as the quality of the leather on the interior. I have the Platinum Package installed, the headlights provide incredible lighting for nighttime driving. I would say that the navigation system isn't fantastic, but I'm so accustomed to Google Maps that not having the instant traffic updates is something I miss.. However, you can stream via bluetooth to your car, and if I stream Amazon Music plus Google Maps, it's the best of both worlds! I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who was considering one. Spending a little extra money for the safety and reliability of a Volvo is absolutely worth it.

AAA+++... the best car ever...

by VOLVO from Commerce Twp on Tue Dec 12 2017

Lots of nice Futures great handling on the road.... lots of nice features like heated steering wheel heated windshield heated mirrors just great car... Volvo it's number one safe vehicle in the world...

So sweet! And so safe!

by thewuf from Rocky Mount, NC on Mon Mar 20 2017

Bought a replacement because I walked away unscathed after the one I was driving was totaled by a lady running a red light. Love the car to begin with and now I'm a fan of the safety aspect!

Most comfortable car I've owned

by Volvo Car Enthusiast from Troy, Michigan on Mon Nov 03 2014

Just had an excellent experience with Kelly Ashton as my salesperson. She did a great job with my wife and myself in the sales process from beginning to end. She helped us get the car we really wanted and at a great price. Also in the delivery of the car she was very patient with me in explaining the new features that I had not had on my previous Volvos. I would recommend her to any of my friends that might be looking for a new or used car.

Most comfortable car I've driven

by JohnYK from on Sat May 27 2017

I have owned this Volvo S60 T5 AWD since late 2013. The 5-cylinder engine is surprisingly quick and pulls without a struggle while passing. Perhaps the best parts of this car however are the seats. These seats are just so comfortable and they provide great lateral support on the turns. This of course is up to personal preferences, but I think this car looks the best among others in its class.

Certified pre-owned and just like new

by ctchris78 from Louisville, KY on Thu Jun 01 2017

GREAT value, excellent comfort, luxurious yet sporty, I feel like I'm driving my couch really fast :) 100K/7 yr warrant, can't beat that. I had never driven a Volvo and did for the first time as a rental and I loved it so much I absolutely had to own one! I love my Volvo and hope to keep it many years to come!

6 CYLINDER TURBO 300HP/325 TORQUE

by hardware from Wisconsin on Wed May 24 2017

I've had my 2014 T6 Turbo Platinum with the optional 19" BOR wheels and I think it's one of the most underrated cars ever! One caveat - don't buy this car if you plan on regularly having adults ride in the back seat - leg room is awful. The front seat is a different story - the car is roomy wide and the seats are great. Performance of the 6 Turbo is awesome and it howls like the old Porsche 6 cylinder turbos - a great engine and they don't make them anymore so the value of this should hold up better than the same year 5's. The new 4 cylinder engines have the HP but I'll take the 6 turbo thank you very much!

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2014 Volvo S60

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2013 about the 2013 Volvo S60. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Volvo used to be known as the safe luxury brand, but with models like the S60, it's making a name for itself as the practical luxury brand — and the automaker should wave that banner proudly.

The S60 plays in a class with the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and in a rigorous comparison test we conducted recently (check out the $46,000 Sport Sedan Challenge here), Volvo finished in second place out of six, behind only the 328i. That S60, which was a... Read More