2015 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 12 reviews

Sleeping giant!

by from Boston on July 16, 2015

This Volvo S 60 is a T6 that was purchased for my wife and it is definitely more car then she needs. The T6 has more than 300 horses. The sports mode turns it into a rocket. Handling is good to average for a car its size. Comfort is exceptional! Our car has all the bells and whistles. Lots of safety features. We have the beach wood interior with wood trimmings. It is drop dead gorgeous. The exterior styling is a little bulky and the color combination of silver with the Beechwood interior is a little awkward. I would've preferred white with the Beachwood or charcoal but my wife didn't like either of those colors. We also looked at a dark blue but it was not a T6. T6 with the right color combinations prove to be very hard to find. This particular Volvo with the sport package it and supercharged four-cylinder engine is definitely not a soccer mom car!

2015.5 S60 - one heck of a car

by from Tampa, FL on December 14, 2014

This car has all the features I was looking for, at a very reasonable price. This is solid value for money and I would recommend this car without reservations.

Great sports sedan

by from Edison, NJ on August 8, 2014

The Volvo S60 is very underrated in my opinion. I've owned so many cars in the past and this vehicle is among the best. My summary is below: Goods: - Many high end safety features are standard on this car such as CitySafety auto brake. - Exterior design is very Swedish and European looking, front over hang is noticeable however, due to its FWD based platform. But Volvo tend to push their engines forward so during a crash nothing gets pushed into the passenger compartment. - I consistently achieving over 30MPG in mixed driving with the new Drive-E engine rated at 240HP, the auto start stop is noticeable but the BMW 3 series isn't any better. - New Aisin 8 speed automatic is very smooth and shifts promptly. - New 2.0L engine is significantly lighter than previous 2.5L and 3.0L so handling is improved quite a bit. - Easy to use infotainment system. - Comfortable seats. - Availability of automatic parking feature. Needs improvements: - Suspension tuning can be improved. It doesn't modulate bumps as good as Cadillac ATS and BMW 3 series. - AWD option not available with new Drive-E engines due to platform limitations, so we probably won't see it until the next redesign. - Dual climate control cannot be synced between, you need to turn two knobs to adjust entire cabin temperature. - Auto start stop can be improved, so far only certain hybrids I drove have that nailed and Chevy ECO engines. There are two versions of 2015 models, the 2015 and 2015.5. 2015.5 comes with new Volvo Sensus infotainment system that has app support and navigation standard, if that's what you need you should get that version.

2015.5 S60 T5 Premier Plus 5th Volvo 1st S60

by from North&SouthEastern USA on December 20, 2014

We bought the 2015.5 S60 T5 FWD as our designated FL sedan as we retired earlier this year and we have a 2013 XC90 Premier Plus AWD & a 2012 S80 T6 AWD back in NY as our NY vehicles. We drove the XC90 down in October as we moved into our FL Winter residence and brought several items we're leaving there, and drove the XC90 back to NY for the Holiday's. The fuel economy of the 2015.5 S60 is the best of all the Volvo's we have owned and we have been driving them until we hit the 100Kmi mark, then we offer them to our children before we replace with new model. My wife a retired nurse has always had a wagon/suv & I a sedan. I alternated with the Saab 9-5 & the S80 trading about every 7-yrs. The S60 is a solid performer and fills our needs as our go to sedan for the 2 of us. We leased it due to not being sold on how utilitarian it will be regarding getting garden supplies and other odd items every now & then. There is a roof rack system I am told by a neighbor who has a 2013 S60, so maybe we will follow up on that. My wife wanted the new V60 and we talked about it and decided that leasing the S60 was a good starting point & we'll address that(V60) or (XC70) when our lease is up. The seats are more comfortable & the interior updates were well thought out than our daughter's 2012 S60 T5. We are very pleased and have no regret's. Great little car that is growing on us each time we drive it.

2013 S60 T6

by from Rochester NY on April 30, 2015

Wife wanted a Volvo for the longest time and with the last of the kids out the door and I have my bikes it was time. Found a 2013 T6 with less than 7K on the clock. Premier Plus package. Pros Seats and Interior.....excellent. Heated seats in upstate NY are a must Fit and Finish-Excellent Ease of drive-The car is very well mannered for day to day use. All wheel drive and controllable acceleration until its not time to be nice. Then the Euro sports car comes to bay. 300 HP and very good handling make the a riot to drive. its a sedan and will push into turns but if I wanted a Lotus coupe I would have bought one. Fast, accurate, holds a good line. Recommend the T6 over the T5 engine. Leather Quality-Excellent Electronics-Volvo went for the simplistic look and style. I'm mixed. A bit more than I need but what the heck..its the wife's car. Proximity alert. Nice in the front end especially with the downslope front end. used to have a stingray that took some getting used to figuring out where the front end starts. Cons-This is very picky. Run mobile 1 full SYN...nearly 8 quarts per oil change. Car is so quiet and smooth at idle it is difficult to tell if its running...LOL

Volvo for Life

by from Houston, TX on September 7, 2014

My Flamenco Red Volvo is one of 10 sold in the nation and the only one that was located for me. It has all the new Volvo innovations including Sensus NAVIGATION and ONSTAR. Having the front blind view camera installed. After 34 years of owning a Volvo, I am so happy to have the car of my dreams!

3 volvo's and counting

by from Pflugerville, TX on February 21, 2015

Love this car - bells and whistles in a Volvo package. Light years ahead of my 1st Volvo - senus navigation system is state of the art. What can I say - loving me some Volvo.

excellent but not perfect

by from Bucks county, PA on November 10, 2014

bought the 2015 S60 T5-AWD, with Premier package. car looks great, feels great, very well put together. provides an excellent handling and driving experience. it's a true drivers' car. has plenty of excellent features. overall- love the car. But, there are a few technical design flaws that take it down a notch, in my opinion. The infotainment features. i.e. radio, telephone functionality are clumsy, confusing and complicated. placement of cup holders, 12V outlets could be better. Could have more console storage space. there are few other minor design/technical features that I wish were better planned out. But, as i said above, car is great to drive. Curious how well the car holds up over time, will know know more in a year or so.

volvo lover

by from Raleigh, nc on October 7, 2014

I got my new 2015 Volvo and couldn't be happier with the choice. It drives like a dream and its soooo attractive. Everybody looks twice.

3rdvolvo

by from on October 25, 2016

Nice enough car. Wish it had gps, and was a little quieter. Not that much different than our 2004 s60. Has great pickup, and good gas mileage. Like the interior lighting, and the way it unlocks when you reach for the door handle. Wish it locked when you walk away like my Mazda does.