2015 S60

2015 Volvo S60

2015 Volvo S60

Have you driven the 2015 Volvo S60?

Great sports sedan

by CC from Edison, NJ on Fri Aug 08 2014

The Volvo S60 is very underrated in my opinion. I've owned so many cars in the past and this vehicle is among the best. My summary is below: Goods: - Many high end safety features are standard on this car such as CitySafety auto brake. - Exterior design is very Swedish and European looking, front over hang is noticeable however, due to its FWD based platform. But Volvo tend to push their engines forward so during a crash nothing gets pushed into the passenger compartment. - I consistently achieving over 30MPG in mixed driving with the new Drive-E engine rated at 240HP, the auto start stop is noticeable but the BMW 3 series isn't any better. - New Aisin 8 speed automatic is very smooth and shifts promptly. - New 2.0L engine is significantly lighter than previous 2.5L and 3.0L so handling is improved quite a bit. - Easy to use infotainment system. - Comfortable seats. - Availability of automatic parking feature. Needs improvements: - Suspension tuning can be improved. It doesn't modulate bumps as good as Cadillac ATS and BMW 3 series. - AWD option not available with new Drive-E engines due to platform limitations, so we probably won't see it until the next redesign. - Dual climate control cannot be synced between, you need to turn two knobs to adjust entire cabin temperature. - Auto start stop can be improved, so far only certain hybrids I drove have that nailed and Chevy ECO engines. There are two versions of 2015 models, the 2015 and 2015.5. 2015.5 comes with new Volvo Sensus infotainment system that has app support and navigation standard, if that's what you need you should get that version.

2015 Volvo S60 T6 Review

by Rose K. from on Sun Apr 20 2014

Overview: Volvo has always been a leader in safety technology. For 2015 we have some excellent safety features, from activate lane departure warning to active forward collision warring. However the S60 does not stop at just industry leading safety technology. The interior is of the highest quality and the seats are actually designed by massage therapists, to provide unsurpassed comfort on even the longest of trips. Exterior: Calming, modern and sleek are just some of the ways to define the exterior look of the 2015 S60. Looking head on, the S60 has a large front grill and prominent Volvo logo with LED accent lights below the headlights. The side is curved down from the windows and looks enjoyable. From the back, it?s that classic S60 look with modern LED rear light accents. The front of the car has seen some updates for the 2015 model year. They moved the LED accent lights below the headlights and curved the front lights to flow better with the exterior design of the vehicle. Overall the exterior shows what Volvo is going for with the S60 which is the less is more contemporary look. Interior: Volvo has always been a silent leader in interiors, quiet, calming and well-constructed are some of the ways to define the interior. Extremely soft high quality leather wraps the steering wheel and door panels. The seats are designed by massage therapists and provide unrivaled comfort. A new digital gauge display is in place and is very easy to read. The center console has Volvos signature waterfall design. There is a place to store your phone or wallet behind it as well. The GPS system works well and is fairly easy to use. However the multimedia media screen could be larger. Rear seat legroom is average for the class and truck space is adequate. Overall the interior is well made and comfortable. They did a good job with the updated gauge display, while keeping that classic Volvo look. Driving: Being a Volvo you would not expect it to be super-fast or drive like a sports car. However with a 0-60 time of about 6.3 seconds, it sure seems like one. Volvo managed to make a very sporty sedan with its turbo charged T6 making 300 hp and 325 lb-ft. Ride quality is average for the class however even at highway speeds, the interior still remains quite. The new 8 speed transmission is the best I have ever driven. Most 8 speed transmissions hunt for the highest gear and are slow to upshift. Not the 8 speed in this S60, it maintains a good RPM level and does not hunt high gears. When you are ready to step on it, upshifting is quick and smooth. While driving, you are accompanied with many cutting edge safety features like activate lane departure warning, which will keep you in your lane and forward collision warring, which will be activated if you are rapidly approaching a slowed or stopped vehicle. Overall the 2015 S60 provides solid driving dynamics while being thrilling to drive at times. Overall: The Volvo S60 is often overlooked and it?s a true shame. This car was made to rival the ATS, 3 Series and A4 however many car buyers forget that Volvo even exists. They do have a long time returning customer base and for a good reason. The 2015 S60 is a high quality, comfortable 5 passenger sedan with a starting price of $32,400. Do yourself a favor and take a close look

Sleeping giant!

by Sleeping Giant Lover from Boston on Thu Jul 16 2015

This Volvo S 60 is a T6 that was purchased for my wife and it is definitely more car then she needs. The T6 has more than 300 horses. The sports mode turns it into a rocket. Handling is good to average for a car its size. Comfort is exceptional! Our car has all the bells and whistles. Lots of safety features. We have the beach wood interior with wood trimmings. It is drop dead gorgeous. The exterior styling is a little bulky and the color combination of silver with the Beechwood interior is a little awkward. I would've preferred white with the Beachwood or charcoal but my wife didn't like either of those colors. We also looked at a dark blue but it was not a T6. T6 with the right color combinations prove to be very hard to find. This particular Volvo with the sport package it and supercharged four-cylinder engine is definitely not a soccer mom car!

2015.5 S60 T5 Premier Plus 5th Volvo 1st S60

by ImportJockey55 from North&SouthEastern USA on Sat Dec 20 2014

We bought the 2015.5 S60 T5 FWD as our designated FL sedan as we retired earlier this year and we have a 2013 XC90 Premier Plus AWD & a 2012 S80 T6 AWD back in NY as our NY vehicles. We drove the XC90 down in October as we moved into our FL Winter residence and brought several items we're leaving there, and drove the XC90 back to NY for the Holiday's. The fuel economy of the 2015.5 S60 is the best of all the Volvo's we have owned and we have been driving them until we hit the 100Kmi mark, then we offer them to our children before we replace with new model. My wife a retired nurse has always had a wagon/suv & I a sedan. I alternated with the Saab 9-5 & the S80 trading about every 7-yrs. The S60 is a solid performer and fills our needs as our go to sedan for the 2 of us. We leased it due to not being sold on how utilitarian it will be regarding getting garden supplies and other odd items every now & then. There is a roof rack system I am told by a neighbor who has a 2013 S60, so maybe we will follow up on that. My wife wanted the new V60 and we talked about it and decided that leasing the S60 was a good starting point & we'll address that(V60) or (XC70) when our lease is up. The seats are more comfortable & the interior updates were well thought out than our daughter's 2012 S60 T5. We are very pleased and have no regret's. Great little car that is growing on us each time we drive it.

2015.5 S60 - one heck of a car

by AN32 from Tampa, FL on Sun Dec 14 2014

This car has all the features I was looking for, at a very reasonable price. This is solid value for money and I would recommend this car without reservations.

3 volvo's and counting

by gotta love it! from Pflugerville, TX on Sat Feb 21 2015

Love this car - bells and whistles in a Volvo package. Light years ahead of my 1st Volvo - senus navigation system is state of the art. What can I say - loving me some Volvo.

2013 S60 T6

by Triumph21 from Rochester NY on Thu Apr 30 2015

Wife wanted a Volvo for the longest time and with the last of the kids out the door and I have my bikes it was time. Found a 2013 T6 with less than 7K on the clock. Premier Plus package. Pros Seats and Interior.....excellent. Heated seats in upstate NY are a must Fit and Finish-Excellent Ease of drive-The car is very well mannered for day to day use. All wheel drive and controllable acceleration until its not time to be nice. Then the Euro sports car comes to bay. 300 HP and very good handling make the a riot to drive. its a sedan and will push into turns but if I wanted a Lotus coupe I would have bought one. Fast, accurate, holds a good line. Recommend the T6 over the T5 engine. Leather Quality-Excellent Electronics-Volvo went for the simplistic look and style. I'm mixed. A bit more than I need but what the heck..its the wife's car. Proximity alert. Nice in the front end especially with the downslope front end. used to have a stingray that took some getting used to figuring out where the front end starts. Cons-This is very picky. Run mobile 1 full SYN...nearly 8 quarts per oil change. Car is so quiet and smooth at idle it is difficult to tell if its running...LOL

Best car I have ever owned !

by HudsonW from Campbell, CA on Mon Nov 06 2017

2015.5 Volvo S60 T5. I absolutely love this car. My car has power and looks awesome. The seats are very comfortable. The steering wheel is nice and beefy. The interior looks beautiful. Putting the shifter in sport mode makes this car drive the way I want it to. This car looks, drives, and handles great.

Love this car! Its a real head turner!

by Stephbrackett from Idaho Falls, ID on Fri Aug 11 2017

This car is so awesome. Super fast, very comfortable, and I get compliments on how awesome it looks all of the time!

excellent but not perfect

by over 60 from Bucks county, PA on Mon Nov 10 2014

bought the 2015 S60 T5-AWD, with Premier package. car looks great, feels great, very well put together. provides an excellent handling and driving experience. it's a true drivers' car. has plenty of excellent features. overall- love the car. But, there are a few technical design flaws that take it down a notch, in my opinion. The infotainment features. i.e. radio, telephone functionality are clumsy, confusing and complicated. placement of cup holders, 12V outlets could be better. Could have more console storage space. there are few other minor design/technical features that I wish were better planned out. But, as i said above, car is great to drive. Curious how well the car holds up over time, will know know more in a year or so.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2015 Volvo S60

While Volvo has built a reputation for safety, the 2015 S60 succeeds because it is a powerful, agile sedan.

Volvo updated the S60's styling last year, and the 2015 model gets a new family of drivetrains, dubbed Drive-E, that offer significantly better gas mileage and, according to Volvo, "increased driving pleasure." To see the 2014 and 2015 S60 compared, click here.

Our T6 Drive-E test car had the more powerful of the two new engines: a 302-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder that uses a supercharger and a turbocharger. The car gets an EPA-estimated 24/35/28 mpg city/highway/combined.

The base version of the S60 starts at $34,225 including a $925 destination charge, while the T6 Drive-E starts at... Read More