2015 S60

2015 Volvo S60

2015 Volvo S60

Have You Driven the 2015 Volvo S60?

Great sports sedan

by CC from Edison, NJ on Fri Aug 08 2014

The Volvo S60 is very underrated in my opinion. I've owned so many cars in the past and this vehicle is among the best. My summary is below: Goods: - Many high end safety features are standard on this car such as CitySafety auto brake. - Exterior design is very Swedish and European looking, front over hang is noticeable however, due to its FWD based platform. But Volvo tend to push their engines forward so during a crash nothing gets pushed into the passenger compartment. - I consistently achieving over 30MPG in mixed driving with the new Drive-E engine rated at 240HP, the auto start stop is noticeable but the BMW 3 series isn't any better. - New Aisin 8 speed automatic is very smooth and shifts promptly. - New 2.0L engine is significantly lighter than previous 2.5L and 3.0L so handling is improved quite a bit. - Easy to use infotainment system. - Comfortable seats. - Availability of automatic parking feature. Needs improvements: - Suspension tuning can be improved. It doesn't modulate bumps as good as Cadillac ATS and BMW 3 series. - AWD option not available with new Drive-E engines due to platform limitations, so we probably won't see it until the next redesign. - Dual climate control cannot be synced between, you need to turn two knobs to adjust entire cabin temperature. - Auto start stop can be improved, so far only certain hybrids I drove have that nailed and Chevy ECO engines. There are two versions of 2015 models, the 2015 and 2015.5. 2015.5 comes with new Volvo Sensus infotainment system that has app support and navigation standard, if that's what you need you should get that version.

Sleeping giant!

by Sleeping Giant Lover from Boston on Thu Jul 16 2015

This Volvo S 60 is a T6 that was purchased for my wife and it is definitely more car then she needs. The T6 has more than 300 horses. The sports mode turns it into a rocket. Handling is good to average for a car its size. Comfort is exceptional! Our car has all the bells and whistles. Lots of safety features. We have the beach wood interior with wood trimmings. It is drop dead gorgeous. The exterior styling is a little bulky and the color combination of silver with the Beechwood interior is a little awkward. I would've preferred white with the Beachwood or charcoal but my wife didn't like either of those colors. We also looked at a dark blue but it was not a T6. T6 with the right color combinations prove to be very hard to find. This particular Volvo with the sport package it and supercharged four-cylinder engine is definitely not a soccer mom car!

2015.5 S60 T5 Premier Plus 5th Volvo 1st S60

by ImportJockey55 from North&SouthEastern USA on Sat Dec 20 2014

We bought the 2015.5 S60 T5 FWD as our designated FL sedan as we retired earlier this year and we have a 2013 XC90 Premier Plus AWD & a 2012 S80 T6 AWD back in NY as our NY vehicles. We drove the XC90 down in October as we moved into our FL Winter residence and brought several items we're leaving there, and drove the XC90 back to NY for the Holiday's. The fuel economy of the 2015.5 S60 is the best of all the Volvo's we have owned and we have been driving them until we hit the 100Kmi mark, then we offer them to our children before we replace with new model. My wife a retired nurse has always had a wagon/suv & I a sedan. I alternated with the Saab 9-5 & the S80 trading about every 7-yrs. The S60 is a solid performer and fills our needs as our go to sedan for the 2 of us. We leased it due to not being sold on how utilitarian it will be regarding getting garden supplies and other odd items every now & then. There is a roof rack system I am told by a neighbor who has a 2013 S60, so maybe we will follow up on that. My wife wanted the new V60 and we talked about it and decided that leasing the S60 was a good starting point & we'll address that(V60) or (XC70) when our lease is up. The seats are more comfortable & the interior updates were well thought out than our daughter's 2012 S60 T5. We are very pleased and have no regret's. Great little car that is growing on us each time we drive it.

Volvo #4 - 2015 S60 T5

by KD from on Sun Apr 30 2017

Volvos are definitely an "acquired taste." Never considered them until we had teenagers; hence, the first S40. And when some knucklehead runs a red light & T-bones your 17-year-old, & your 17-year-old walks away unhurt, you buy another one (the second S40). Then Mom decides she likes the Passion Red V70 R-Design with 18" wheels (why did they drop the 300-HP engine??)...Volvo #3. The 2015 S60 sits on the same platform. Interior is much the same. Most comfortable seats of any car we've driven, including M-B, BMW & Audi. Performance is solid & more than adequate for daily commuting (would have liked a T6, but none available at our price). Excellent visibility. AWD is a definite plus. Purchased CPO with 150 miles on the odometer & 5+ years on the warranty. The S60 is handsome, but not flashy, & just a little different from the rest of the crowd. Retired the second S40 at 121,000 miles. Expecting nothing less from its replacement.

2015.5 S60 - one heck of a car

by AN32 from Tampa, FL on Sun Dec 14 2014

This car has all the features I was looking for, at a very reasonable price. This is solid value for money and I would recommend this car without reservations.

Best car I have ever owned !

by HudsonW from Campbell, CA on Mon Nov 06 2017

2015.5 Volvo S60 T5. I absolutely love this car. My car has power and looks awesome. The seats are very comfortable. The steering wheel is nice and beefy. The interior looks beautiful. Putting the shifter in sport mode makes this car drive the way I want it to. This car looks, drives, and handles great.

First time owning a Volvo and won’t be my last.

by Jennings from Pittsburgh, PA on Sun Oct 14 2018

This car gets great gas mileage but also gives the power needed of a sports car. All wheel drive is a must and the sound system is great. Over $40K new a used Volvo with low miles will keep you on the road for some time.

3 volvo's and counting

by gotta love it! from Pflugerville, TX on Sat Feb 21 2015

Love this car - bells and whistles in a Volvo package. Light years ahead of my 1st Volvo - senus navigation system is state of the art. What can I say - loving me some Volvo.

Fun to drive, sporty, economical

by Shannon from Renton, WA on Fri Jun 15 2018

This car has been a dream. It's CPO, covered for the next 5 years or 80K miles, and has all the features I wanted in my next car.

I Love It

by LindaS from Brandon, VT on Thu Jun 14 2018

This is the nicest vehicle I have ever owned. The design is great and it really feels classy. Love the all wheel drive and it has a lot of power and pep. Our dealer at South Shore Prime Volvo delivered it to us, a 4 hour drive. I've already recommended him to others. When I went for the regular servicing it turned out the dealer had already done it. WooHoo!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2015 Volvo S60

While Volvo has built a reputation for safety, the 2015 S60 succeeds because it is a powerful, agile sedan.

Volvo updated the S60’s styling last year, and the 2015 model gets a new family of drivetrains, dubbed Drive-E, that offer significantly better gas mileage and, according to Volvo, “increased driving pleasure.” To see the 2014 and 2015 S60 compared, click here.

Our T6 Drive-E test car had the more powerful of the two new engines: a 302-horsepower, 2.0-liter four-cylinder that uses a supercharger and a turbocharger. The car gets an EPA-estimated 24/35/28 mpg city/highway/combined.

The base version of the S60 starts at $34,225 including a $925 destination charge, while... Read More