2000 S70

2000 Volvo S70

2000 Volvo S70

Have you driven the 2000 Volvo S70?

Best I've ever owned.

by supastah from new york on Wed Sep 02 2009

I've had this car for 5 years. The only thing I've had to replace was the timing belt (at 105000) which was scheduled mantenance and a fuel pump relay switch. The only thing that I can complain about is that the door panels have come unglued wich I've heard is common. Love this car and wish they were still made this way.

Great value vehicle

by Volvo man from Maryland on Mon Jun 18 2012

I purchased this vehicle new and watched my kids grow up in it, my son is 15, and my daughter is 11. The only thing I have done to this vehicle since I purchased it is faithful oil changes (only synthetic oil), brake job, a battery, and new tires. I have accumulated over 170,000.00 miles and the vehicle still drives like the first day I acquired it. I have other vehicles in the household, but this one is the reliable one. Long distance trips may get a bit tiring, but I like to see my instant MPG while on cruise control fluctuate between 38-42 MPG. I get around 450 miles from a full tank. Great vehicle.

Classic Volvo, Solid As Rock

by Jay from Durham, NH on Sat Jan 20 2007

I owned a Volvo 850, and most recently, a S70 GLT which was without a doubt, the best car I've ever owned. While it's not quite as stylish as BMW, Lexus or Mercedes-Benz, it's just as safe, just as comfortable, and dead reliable. My only word of caution is to buyers looking at an example with over 100,000 miles. The S70 starts to need brakes, suspension bits, and other expensive things at around 120,000 miles. But overall, great solid and most of all, safe cars. I can vouch for the safety, my 850 saved my life in a crash. That same day I bought my S70. Do you need a better reason?

Most dependable car I ever owned!!

by Babe from New York on Sun Oct 21 2012

Iam a proud original owner of a 2000 S70. I have 255,000 miles on her and she is still going strong. I am thankful for all of the Volvo service centers that have helped me keep my car in great running condition over the years. I have never broke down on the road and never had a flat tire in the twelve years that I have owned this car. The only thing wrong is some of the door panels have become un glued over time. And the driver seat has a busted seam. Everything else is perfect. I will never trade her in....She gets to stay in the family for life.

Best all around car I've owned

by ace4172 from bristol VA on Tue Sep 11 2012

I bought my 2000 Volvo S70 GLT SE in March 2012 with 125k on it. I have put nearly 17K miles on it so far and have only had to replace a tail light (3$) and a coil pack for cylinder 1 (50$). The car cleans up almost like new minus a few dings and scratches . Most people think it is a much newer model than a 2000. The interior is in great shape for a 5 year old car much less a 12 year old car . I get around 22MPG city and around 32 MPG HWY. Uses premium only , will have spark knock with regular. Oil changes are a dealership only affair since a special wrench is required to remove internal filter cap and the wrench costs 100$. However the oil change is surprisingly cheap for a Volvo dealership at 40$. Super smooth ride on the highway great trip car with a great sound system . Smooth shifting auto tranny even with turbo engaged. A/C has refrigerant leak and was informed it would be a pricy fix . I can get a can of freon for 30$ and will last nearly a month . I was surprised how some things on this car are very simple fixes , more so than any domestic . Engine compartment is clean neat and roomy compared to other sedans. At first I was intimidated by all the plastic covers which gave it a spaceship feel but once removed its a very practical layout. 5CYL engine has surprising pep w/o turbo and passing on the highway with turbo is down right addictive as my two speeding tickets in it will attest lol.I have owned several American sedans and the occasional Toyota or Honda but will never again buy anything but a Volvo . The total package of safety luxury performance value fun and looks cannot be beat for the price . Yes some repairs are costly but they will be few and far between with a responsible owner and regular maintenance. I would recommend this car to anyone .

It's 18 yrs old and I'm not sick of it yet......

by WADE from Boston, MA on Tue Jun 26 2018

This has been the best car I've ever had. I have been the second owner, the first owner was a single woman who leased the car. Other than her hand cream, which deteriorated the leather wrapped steering wheel, she babied the car and it was like new. My 2 complaints are: 1) The door panels start to pull out. I have had them fixed when the car was under the extended warranty, and they are pulling out a bit again. This should have been a recall. 2) The A/C evaporator is located behind the dashboard. To fix this MAJOR repair, the entire dashboard must be removed. The part isn't too costly but the job is extremely labor intensive. Some Volvo mechanics can do this repair very well, while others prefer not to attempt it. I was lucky and found a Mom/Pop shop that had a Volvo tech who could do the repair blindfolded. This, again, should have been a recall. A problem which began in 1998 -2000 and includes the V70's and XC70's. The seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in........and this is including Mercedes. I rented a 2000 V70 and drove it to PA from Boston and decided that I had to buy the sedan version. The paint has held up pretty well. The sunroof (I live in New England) will rust at the seal and I just purchased an OEM sunroof because I get a few drips on the headliner during a bad rain storm. I have 160K miles on the car and just had the timing belt/water pump replaced. It still gets great gas milage. I can get approx 29 mpg on the highway. If they still made the S70, I'd buy another one. For those who are looking at these reviews and thinking about buying a used S70 or any other type of Volvo, please look at the number of previous owners that the car has had and make sure you check out the Carfax. I have friends who have had terrible luck with their Volvos, yet some had 4 or more previous owners. If you have just one person out of the 4 who neglected the cars maintenance, then you could end up with buyer's remorse. Good Luck to all. W.

Reliable and Economical

by Anthony from Santa Cruz, CA on Thu Apr 03 2008

Talk about Faster than expected. Also pretty good gas mileage for a car with a turbo. But above and beyond everything, it's nice to know you are in a Tank.

Best Car I have ever owned

by Reggie from Lexington, KY on Mon Nov 22 2010

I love my car. I have never considered getting a Volvo before because I felt that the routine maintenance would be too costly. It is probably a little higher, but with it being a used car it has been so dependable. Other than the scheduled maintenance, I have not had to do a thing. I am sold out on Volvos. I will never have another car other than a Volvo.

Impressive Car!

by Volvo2000 from New England on Sun Mar 27 2016

I bought my car used several months ago with low mileage - around 110,000 miles. So far, I am very impressed with my car given that it is 16 years old. The seats in the car are extremely comfortable. The car rides smooth and handles well in the snow. There is voluminous interior space for passengers and generous trunk space. Not to mention, this car is a great value with plenty of features for the money. The SE trim comes standard with heated seats and an 8 speaker sound system. My car has been reliable with no major mechanical problems. Overall, I highly recommend the 2000 Volvo S70 as a used car. I hope to keep this car for many years to come.

Volvo S70 2000

by Swedes build em right from Phoenix on Sun Aug 07 2011

I love this car. It drives great and feels safe which is a selling point for Volvo. The only problem I have is that here in Arizona when it gets really hot the remote door locks get a lithe sticky.

1 2 3