2008 V50

2008 Volvo V50

2008 Volvo V50

Have You Driven the 2008 Volvo V50?

highly recommended (so far)

by racyV50 from wisconsin on Sat Mar 19 2011

I bought a used 08 V50 with high mileage for its age (56,000) six months ago. So far I have had no issues with the car and it drives like it was new. I did a lot of research about this car and other similar options (A4, mazda 6) and I have to say I am so happy I went with this. It drives precisely with slightly stiff but comfortable ride. Power is adequate for me and can pass with complete confidence with the 2.4 5 cyl. Oil changes every 5000 are great, though more expensive (90ish). The interior is so well done, and the back is pretty roomy for a small wagon. Coming from honda, I still am skeptical about long term reliability of a european car, but I hope for the best. Go with this over a small SUV if you have any passion for driving. We have to bring back the wagon!

Solid Car

by Volvo first timer from Morristown, NJ on Wed Jan 09 2008

This is first Volvo I have ever purchased and I was not too sure I wanted to committ to long term ownership so I leased it. I have had the V50 car for a month a half and it offers many surprising amenities that the larger "luxury" vehicles offer. I have the turbo charged T5 engine and strongly recommend it to interested V50 car buyers out there. The only problem I have is the foot accelerater cleareance seems to be very tight for depressing the gas pedal and between the gas and brake pedels (the same with the S40). I would still recommend the car to others.

V50

by dd474 from Charleston, SC on Mon Apr 20 2009

The only kick against this is that the back seet is not usable if the driver or front seat passenger are over 5 feet tall.....

AMAZING VOLVO ARE CARS FOR LIFE

by NikitasToy from New Jersey on Tue Jul 18 2017

This car is ULTRA SAFE the body is like a tank incognito. It's comfortable to drive long distance...i own n driven this car 90K miles n still runs the same.

Love it!

by pro musician from Silicon Valley, CA on Tue Jul 29 2008

I just purchased a vehicle used as a dealer loaner with less than 6K on the clock, and I really love it! The car is very comfortable and handles well, and has plenty of storage which is very useful to me. The styling is quite slick for a wagon, and I have had many compliments from my friends.

A Keeper

by Small Volvo Enthusiast from Morristown, NJ on Wed Jul 18 2018

I love this car. It's my sixth Volvo and my favorite. It's nimble, comfortable, and economical. It has more pep than most of the other Volvos I've owned and it handles like a sports car. It's a small wagon with plenty of room for "stuff" and four adults can ride in comfort. I regularly make 600-1300 mile trips in this car and my legs and back feel fine when I get to where I'm going. I'm sorry they no longer manufacture this model. I'm also sorry they don't market a comparable small wagon in the U.S.A. I suppose the V60 is meant to be a successor (after a fashion), but it's a good bit pricier and more car than I need at this point in my life.