2006 XC90

2006 Volvo XC90

2006 Volvo XC90

Have You Driven the 2006 Volvo XC90?

Safe, Reliable and well worth the money.

by slvr bullet from Scranton, Pa on Sun Jul 13 2014

I've owned my xc-90 for 3 1/2 yes. I bought it with 110k on it, for $10k. Really wasn't expecting to get everything I got with this SUV. It now has almost 180k on it and still runs like a new vehicle. It's like a tank on icy, snowy roads and has never let me down. Add to that the fact that Volvo's are one of, if not the, safest cars on the road and the peace of mind that brings. By the way, the stereos in Volvo's are awesome! Mine has a six disc changer with amplified speakers. It sounds fantastic. I'm averaging almost 20 miles to the gallon...not bad for an SUV. I have always admired Volvo's, but after my xc90...I'll own nothing else!

25K and rolling

by Southern Mom from Atlanta, GA on Wed Feb 14 2007

This is my 2nd SUV, my first being a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. By far, the XC90 eclipses the jeep in handling, style and comfort. I had an 05 s60 prior to getting the XC90 and the XC90 handles as smoothly and as nimbly as the s60 sedan. The truck is an awesome family car, feels solid and is quite comfortable both as the daily commuter vehicle and as our family road car. I have had no real problems with the truck, but had the OEM Pirellis replaced by Volvo due to premature wear. The Volvo delarer couldn't have been nicer. In sum, I will plan to drive this one into the ground and will strongly consider replacing it with another Volvo. I'm now a Volvo for lifer!

Never goes out of Style

by Military Mom from Los Osos, CA on Tue Aug 13 2013

We purchased our 2006 XC90 in 2005 brand new. Love it. At first I have to change tires after 36,000 miles. On my next set of tires I did not use michelin, I got Hankook and gave me more miles on the tires and did not change the performance. Everyone love it, including our 2 collies. We are planning to keep this car for as long as we can.

Vovlo Owner

by Volvo Owner from Central Illinois on Fri May 26 2006

This vehicle drives like it is a sports sedan. The V8 has just the right sound and has good pick up. The 3rd row seating is for emergency use only. Very happy with the vehicle!

Loving my Vo!

by Daily driver from Clendenin, WV on Thu Jun 19 2014

This is the first Volvo that I have ever owned, and I'm going to venture to say that it will not be the last. This car is quite comfortable (even though I'm 6' 5" and 240 lbs), it has plenty of room for myself and my teenage boys, it's very quiet at interstate speed, and it is quite stylish. The only issue that I can see at this point is that maintenance will be a bit higher than my previous vehicles, and it is going to go through tires faster than comparable vehicles (so my Volvo dealer says). I have not been able to test the AWD on slick roads as of yet, but the vehicle seems to grip quite well in gravel and other loose surfaces.

Top notch

by Chief from Boston, MA on Sat Aug 05 2006

Previously owned a 2001 Pathfinder and made the step up to the 06 XC90. Extremely comfortable ride, and from a feature (safety and options) and comfort standpoint, the Volvo beats the Pathfinder hands down. Went with the in-line 5cyl turbo with all-wheel drive. Was an extra several thousand $$ for the new 8cyl. Only knock I can give it is that the 5cyl is a little bit slow to accelerate from a dead stop, especially compared to the Pathfinder. It's a nearly 5,000 lb car, and the extra horses that the Pathfinder has would do nicely in the Volvo. Cruises at highway speed just fine. VERY stable ride. Takes the highway off-ramps at good speed without any sensation of roll. Have not driven it in the winter yet, but I'm guessing that the all-wheel drive and winter driving mode feature will handle the New England winter weather without a problem. Mileage is not great, but compared to the big boys (Tahoe, Expedition, etc.) I'm sure the gas bills are less. If you can afford this car, I definitely recommend it. Volvo's are noted for their great safety features. I'm glad I purchased this car.

S60 awd

by 2398 from Philadelphia on Mon Feb 26 2007

look at all other Lux SUVs.. for me hands dwn the XC90 was everything I needed plus more... I would not have my family drive anything else !

My First Volvo and It Won?t be my Last

by DaveandKaren from Pasadena, Md on Sat Mar 10 2018

Stylish, functional, smooth ride. Economical and a pleasure to drive. Very responsive with a small turning radius. Dark blue with black interior is sharp and sexy. You?ll look great driving in this SUV.

Most comfortable car I've driven

by Jimmie Ann from Whitesboro Texas on Thu Sep 14 2017

The seats in the car are very comfortable I've ridden. Responds very well. You don't have to worry when pass a car.

Best Car Ever

by LadyT from Kent, Washington on Mon Jul 30 2018

I have never owned a Volvo so was so absolutely delighted to find out how nice it is. It handles like a dream, is solid, dependable, and beautiful. I absolutely love this car!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2006 Volvo XC90

For 2006, Volvo addresses the only persistent gripe connected with its luxury sport utility vehicle: modest engine power.

A powerful and refined V-8 engine is now optional for the XC90, putting this fine craft on equal footing with high-end SUVs from Mercedes, BMW, Infiniti, Lincoln and Cadillac.

The 4.4-liter, 311-horsepower engine is the first V-8 ever offered by Volvo and available only in the largest vehicle ever offered by Volvo. It replaces the previous 268-horsepower inline six, while the base model's 2.5-liter turbocharged four remains in the lineup.

In this global marketplace, the engine comes to the big Swede from the other side of the world. Yamaha, the Japanese manufacturer of motorcycles and... Read More