Nicest Car I Have Ever Owned

by from Matthews, NC on December 21, 2010

Bought a 2006 XC90 Volvo used in 2010 because it was the last year of the 5 cylinder engine and I had read the 6's were unreliable. Where do I start with this car? It is beautiful inside and out, handles well, good on fuel consumption, tons of room and has so many extras, it took us weeks to play with them all. The two dogs, one of them a shepherd, ride very comfortably in the back. Compared the BMW X3, Toytota Highlander, VW Tiguana and Honda CRV. It is such a pleasure to drive and to drive with other people since it holds 7 people! Best crossover on the market and great car for the money.

great vehicle "EXCEPT T-6!"

by from Raleigh, NC on April 13, 2009

You get European design and handling in a car that is designed with safety as its priority. The 5 cylinder 2.5T, and the V8 are great. STAY AWAY FROM THE T-6 (6 cylinder)unless you like replacing transmissions!

Was skeptical, but glad I leaped into one!

by from Mississippi on February 20, 2012

I have the 2.5t. I was skeptical about buying Volvo because of buying parts and repairing. But the way this car is running, that is not going to be an issue. Gas mileage is at about 20 around town. What other 7 seater can claim that? the safety of the car amazes me. Check out the youtube videos of crashes in a Volvo. I was deciding between the Acadia and the Yukon, but ultimately made the right choice.

Most styling SUV on the road

by from Stamford CT on November 29, 2008

Just great car highly recommended, this is my second XC90 and the third will be the same. And the Volvo service is excellent.

Outstanding fit and finish

by from Evergreen, Colorado on December 1, 2006

I have owned almost all brands of SUVs and the Volvo XC-90 is one of the best. For the money, it is the ver best European SUV. It feels well built, handles beautifully, and even the 3.2 L V6 is powerful for the Colorado mountain driving we do. Our other car is an Acura MDX, which is also very nice but feels more like a mini-van in is driveability.

Exceptional Vehicle!!!

by from New Haven, CT on July 28, 2006

This vehicle is amazing. Everyone criticizes the third row as only being good for children, but fir a family car that is perfect!

A perfect mom-mobile

by from Tempe, Arizona on August 22, 2006

Previously drove a V70 Stationwagon. I have an Ocean Race XC90 now, and it's perfect for shuffling kids from school to hockey, to gymnastics, to dance, to figure skating, to church choir, etc. The dual screens with the headphones make my trips so quiet, I forget kids are in the car! My station wagon was easier to manuever, easier to park, and was quicker. But then again, I now "own the road" with this beast..... And of course, this is the safest SUV on the market.....for the precious cargo - my kids.

Top notch

by from Boston, MA on August 5, 2006

Previously owned a 2001 Pathfinder and made the step up to the 06 XC90. Extremely comfortable ride, and from a feature (safety and options) and comfort standpoint, the Volvo beats the Pathfinder hands down. Went with the in-line 5cyl turbo with all-wheel drive. Was an extra several thousand $$ for the new 8cyl. Only knock I can give it is that the 5cyl is a little bit slow to accelerate from a dead stop, especially compared to the Pathfinder. It's a nearly 5,000 lb car, and the extra horses that the Pathfinder has would do nicely in the Volvo. Cruises at highway speed just fine. VERY stable ride. Takes the highway off-ramps at good speed without any sensation of roll. Have not driven it in the winter yet, but I'm guessing that the all-wheel drive and winter driving mode feature will handle the New England winter weather without a problem. Mileage is not great, but compared to the big boys (Tahoe, Expedition, etc.) I'm sure the gas bills are less. If you can afford this car, I definitely recommend it. Volvo's are noted for their great safety features. I'm glad I purchased this car.

25K and rolling

by from Atlanta, GA on February 14, 2007

This is my 2nd SUV, my first being a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. By far, the XC90 eclipses the jeep in handling, style and comfort. I had an 05 s60 prior to getting the XC90 and the XC90 handles as smoothly and as nimbly as the s60 sedan. The truck is an awesome family car, feels solid and is quite comfortable both as the daily commuter vehicle and as our family road car. I have had no real problems with the truck, but had the OEM Pirellis replaced by Volvo due to premature wear. The Volvo delarer couldn't have been nicer. In sum, I will plan to drive this one into the ground and will strongly consider replacing it with another Volvo. I'm now a Volvo for lifer!

Vovlo Owner

by from Central Illinois on May 26, 2006

This vehicle drives like it is a sports sedan. The V8 has just the right sound and has good pick up. The 3rd row seating is for emergency use only. Very happy with the vehicle!

Similar Models