2007 XC90

2007 Volvo XC90

2007 Volvo XC90

4.3

Have You Driven the 2007 Volvo XC90?

Absolutely Reliable!

by MI30sMom from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan on Sun Jul 22 2012

I own a 2007 Volvo XC90 4.2L AWD, bought used last year at 44K miles for $20K including taxes. I wanted a 4X4 or AWD (because of the Michigan winter) that can transport 7 passengers (for family, kids and their friends). I test drove all competitive premium brands and this is the most comfortable, reliable, fun to drive and most of all, reasonably priced. For the one year, I consumed an average of 17-18m/gal in city driving. I mostly drive city as I commute to work and drop-off/pick-up kids to school (10 miles one-way). We've taken our vehicle on family vacations and on long drives would get up to 20-22m/gal. To add comfort, we installed aftermarket DVD headrests for 2nd-row passengers. This kept our kids entertained at a fraction of the cost. My husband drives our vehicle during long trips and enjoys the 4.2L engine because of the power/acceleration. It also has good handling. We both like the interior comfort of the vehicle and the fact that we can transport 7 passengers. The exterior design is not too boxy like other SUVs. When 2nd and 3rd row seats are folded, it also transports a lot of our home project materials. Last week, I had a major accident when a driver of a Jeep Grand Cherokee ran a red light and hit me (full force) on the front passenger side as I was completing a turn on an intersection. The driver was driving full speed at least 45 m/hr and didn't attempt to avoid or stop. My front airbag deployed but despite the impact, my car didn't rollover or got thrown out of the road. My daughter and I are safe-- and I'm convinced that if I were driving a different SUV, this would not have been the case. I am planning to buy another Volvo XC90 to replace my damaged vehicle. Safety is my number 1 priority rather than fuel efficiency. This vehicle definitely is reasonably priced if bought used and reliability is unquestionable. I would most certainly recommend to every family!

Great family car

by California mom from Pasadena, CA on Sat Aug 22 2009

I've had this car for 3 years now and have never had a problem besides replacing the front brakes. Comfortable. Great mid-size SUV. Third row seats are small and cramped, but if I needed to use the third row often I would have bought a bigger SUV...

An unbelievable value

by car critique from Cicero, NY on Fri Nov 28 2008

The safety record of this vehicle far surpasses any SUV we looked at. The ride quality is very impressive and the handeling responsive.

Uses car for Towing

Volvo #2

by Volvo #2 from Dayton, Ohio on Wed Dec 12 2012

We purchased a 2007 Volvo XC90 used about 2 months ago. We are very pleased with the style, performance everything in general. Glad we went with this SUV as opposed to a used Ford or others. This is the 2nd Volvo we own and glad we do.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Stripes from Chicago, IL on Sun Jun 10 2007

Great SUV for the money when safety is the main concern. MPG 16 in town but a awesome 26 on the hwy. Overall a great car.

Xc 90

by Volvo fan from Ky on Tue Apr 17 2012

Happy with the car, I've driven the v8 for 2 months and definitely satisfied. Looked at BMW, Audi, toyotas for an suv, for this car with the v8 and price I paid this was the best value and no regrets so far, admit this is 3rd Volvo. I stopped driving my other cars (honda minivan for kids and Porsche 911 who's tires are getting flat spots, this one much more comfortable and easy, handles towing small boat fine.

2007 Volvo XC90-Safest SUV Made

by FreightPro56 from Spring Hill,FL on Tue Aug 08 2017

Great car,2nd owner for 3 years...Many extra's including 3rd row seating, child booster seats,side air bags, heated front seats,dual transmission,locking roof rack,new Firestone tires and more...Great used car for the money!

Very Reliable and Comfortable

by EGS from Lancaster, PA on Wed Aug 30 2017

I loved my XC90! The only reason I traded it for a new XC90 was because as we are getting older and I wanted the new safety features. My car had over 120,000 miles and the only thing I ever had to do was general maintenance. Service department was excellent. Everything about the Volvo experience was and is excellent!

Trustworthy Vehicle

by TammyL from Marlborough, CT on Thu Jul 06 2017

I love my Volvo for an SUV you feel like your driving a car. It handles extremely well and there's plenty of room in the rear for my 3 large dogs. It's never given me any mechanical problems.

Great family car.

by GANZFACE6 from Doylestown, PA on Mon Aug 14 2017

I love this vehicle for the family...A little of a gas hog. VOLVOs are great safe vehicle's although a little pricey to fix.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2007 Volvo XC90

The best line in 1990's Crazy People, a movie starring Dudley Moore as an advertising executive whose attempts to tell the truth in ads landed him in a psychiatric hospital, was his presentation for a certain Swedish car.

"Volvo. They're boxy but good."

When Volvo lost its boxiness, some loyal customers would argue, the brand also lost its single-minded sense of purpose: Boxes are, after all, good for carrying stuff. Including people, perhaps.

Those days are long gone. Nothing boxy about the 2007 XC90, which also means that, given its overall dimensions, it doesn't carry as much as some of its competitors. Rear-seat room seems tight, and the optional third-row seat, which folds out of sight to the point... Read More