2007 Volvo Xc 90

Absolutely Reliable!

by from Bloomfield Hills, Michigan on July 22, 2012

I own a 2007 Volvo XC90 4.2L AWD, bought used last year at 44K miles for $20K including taxes. I wanted a 4X4 or AWD (because of the Michigan winter) that can transport 7 passengers (for family, kids and their friends). I test drove all competitive premium brands and this is the most comfortable, reliable, fun to drive and most of all, reasonably priced. For the one year, I consumed an average of 17-18m/gal in city driving. I mostly drive city as I commute to work and drop-off/pick-up kids to school (10 miles one-way). We've taken our vehicle on family vacations and on long drives would get up to 20-22m/gal. To add comfort, we installed aftermarket DVD headrests for 2nd-row passengers. This kept our kids entertained at a fraction of the cost. My husband drives our vehicle during long trips and enjoys the 4.2L engine because of the power/acceleration. It also has good handling. We both like the interior comfort of the vehicle and the fact that we can transport 7 passengers. The exterior design is not too boxy like other SUVs. When 2nd and 3rd row seats are folded, it also transports a lot of our home project materials. Last week, I had a major accident when a driver of a Jeep Grand Cherokee ran a red light and hit me (full force) on the front passenger side as I was completing a turn on an intersection. The driver was driving full speed at least 45 m/hr and didn't attempt to avoid or stop. My front airbag deployed but despite the impact, my car didn't rollover or got thrown out of the road. My daughter and I are safe-- and I'm convinced that if I were driving a different SUV, this would not have been the case. I am planning to buy another Volvo XC90 to replace my damaged vehicle. Safety is my number 1 priority rather than fuel efficiency. This vehicle definitely is reasonably priced if bought used and reliability is unquestionable. I would most certainly recommend to every family!

saved my life

by from ny on April 21, 2009

i was in a car accident in the 2005 xc90. totaled the car. i was hit broadside by a car going about 50mph. although hospitaized for a week, the doctors said if it hadn't been a volvo i wouldn't have made it. you may not think much of the safety features, but now i do (and i will continue to).

love the car

by from Connecticut on May 24, 2012

bought a used 2007 xc90 with 65k on it for 22k in summer of 2011. so far we have loved it. very comfortable and the kids (2) love having the built in booster seat in 2nd row. 3rd row is cramped for older kids/adults but i am only using that if i have friend's kids in the vehicle - nice to have the extra room when needed without having to drive around a huge SUV. drives a bit like a truck and is not the quickest on pickup when getting on the highway - but once i am at speed the car is very smooth. i commute 90 miles a day and am mostly driving on the highway. it is definitely not a fuel efficient vehicle, but i am willing to spend the $$ because it is so comfortable and i feel very safe. this is my 4th volvo and first of this model and i have never been disappointed with this brand.

Great family car

by from Pasadena, CA on August 22, 2009

I've had this car for 3 years now and have never had a problem besides replacing the front brakes. Comfortable. Great mid-size SUV. Third row seats are small and cramped, but if I needed to use the third row often I would have bought a bigger SUV...

An unbelievable value

by from Cicero, NY on November 28, 2008

The safety record of this vehicle far surpasses any SUV we looked at. The ride quality is very impressive and the handeling responsive.

Uses car for Towing

Xc 90

by from Ky on April 17, 2012

Happy with the car, I've driven the v8 for 2 months and definitely satisfied. Looked at BMW, Audi, toyotas for an suv, for this car with the v8 and price I paid this was the best value and no regrets so far, admit this is 3rd Volvo. I stopped driving my other cars (honda minivan for kids and Porsche 911 who's tires are getting flat spots, this one much more comfortable and easy, handles towing small boat fine.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Chicago, IL on June 10, 2007

Great SUV for the money when safety is the main concern. MPG 16 in town but a awesome 26 on the hwy. Overall a great car.

Volvo #2

by from Dayton, Ohio on December 12, 2012

We purchased a 2007 Volvo XC90 used about 2 months ago. We are very pleased with the style, performance everything in general. Glad we went with this SUV as opposed to a used Ford or others. This is the 2nd Volvo we own and glad we do.

Loving it this car

by from columbus oh on May 7, 2014

Devin help me and my family out. We didn't think that we would be able to purchase a vehicle. But he did his job. Thank you Devin for letting us believe that it was possible.

Safest, most reliable car ever

by from on March 15, 2017

Amazing car... This is he second, same exact car i've owned. First was totaled head on by a pick up, and no injuries! will always buy volvos!!

Our Expert Review: 2007 Volvo Xc 90