2009 Volvo Xc 90

safe, sound, satisfying

by from Virginia on November 16, 2009

Have owned xc90 v8 for one year and have 17,000 miles. The vehicle exceeded our high expectations. Other than modest gas mileage (17.6 average) it has been a dream. It feels heavy and solid. Some people might not care for that feeling, but with a family it works. Interior styling is people-friendly. Third row seat is tight for adults but workable. We like it. It likes us.

Sport/R-Design - best XC90 package

by from Northern VA on June 6, 2010

Having owned the XC90 Sport for 15k miles, it is the best handling and performing packaing of all the XC90s. The interior tweaks available only on the Sport/R-Design package make the XC90 that much more enjoyable. The steering wheel is thicker, the seats more supportive and the V8 is a great performer. Fuel economy is the only issue if you keep your foot on the pedal. I enjoy driving the XC90 Sport more than our '06 Volvo V70R, it is a fantastic family hauler with great comfort and power. Add the CPO warranty and you have years of worry free enjoyment.

I love my SUV

by from Washington DC Metro, Maryland on October 11, 2011

I love this 2009 Volvo XC90. It runs fabulously and gets pretty good gas mileage, considering my 30+ mile commute. It is fully loaded, with just about all the bells and whistles we wanted. I love the blind-spot warning system too. My only two dislikes are the navigation system is not touch-screen, and there is only an auxilary plug for MP3's/Ipods but no USB plug.

xc90

by from on December 6, 2012

This particular year and model does not have the problems that the T6 had. If you are looking for a volvo XC90 BEWARE of the transmission issues in older models.

Volvo XC90- Awesome!

by from Seattle WA & LA CA on December 10, 2012

Purchased a great used XC90, to not absorb the depreciation, yet still get the undying Volvo quality. It delivers, and was a great deal at less than half of the $50K new. A great Roadtrip mobile, good handling- even in snow, rain, and wind. Responsive, good breaking. Would like some upgraded interior features: My next one will be the same model, but going to go for only a year old, to again not pay sticker- but get the car. Highly recommended for all around use. For an SUV the mpg is good- not Super, but better than my jeep & the Mercedes combined. It's not flashy, she's unassuming, but a pretty vehicle. ?kinda elegant without shouting luxury car. With regular upkeep, the volvos last forever, so I may not be getting a new one anytime soon, which is fine. I love "Xena". She's family.