2017 XC90

2017 Volvo XC90

2017 Volvo XC90

Have You Driven the 2017 Volvo XC90?

Initial impression (3000 miles) better than rating

by Dr.G from Iowa on Mon Jan 09 2017

I compared three vehicles before choosing the 2017 Volvo XC90, including the Audi Q7, and the BMW 5 series. I wanted the air suspension and and did not favor run-flat tires which gave the Volvo a clear edge. I also thought the Volvo the best design inside and out with the largest cargo capacity. I was somewhat discourage by the negative reports of reliability from reviews of the 2016 XC90. The Volvo was clearly the best value at under $60,000. On a trip of 2700 miles the Volvo XC90 was impressive. The quality of materials, hardware and the fit and finish (Momentum Plus) were equal or better than any luxury brand I have owned including virtually all of the the major European brands. With the air suspension the ride and handling were very good and the car is extremely quiet at highway speeds. Seats are outstanding. My only disappointment was with the lane control feature which did a lot of `searching? giving the handling a heavy and intrusive feel especially when the lane markings are less than optimal. (It can be defeated.) The advanced cruse control system with vehicle distance monitoring was excellent and twice intervened before I could brake manually when cars suddenly changed lanes Engine sounds are somewhat course under hard acceleration as compared to a V-6 or V-8, but power was very adequate. The center `iPad type? screen is easy to read, especially with navigation, but controls and programing take some effort. Gas mileage was a pleasant surprise using eco mode. The overall milage (80% highway, 20% city) was 25.5 MPG. and on two segments of 425 miles each, I recorded better than 32 MPG at speeds of 65 to 75 MPH using 93 octane gasoline. (On one segment where 10% alcohol was the only fuel available the milage dropped precipitously to 18.5 MPG but headwinds were high as well.) The solid construction and initial excellent performance of the 2017 XC90 make me optimistic that it will prove to be reliable as well and an outstanding value in this auto segment.

Classy Ride for Best in Class

by Volvo Lover from Castro Valley, CA on Fri Apr 21 2017

So, I admit I'm a little bias. I have an XC90 and was looking for a newer model. Love my 2004 XC90, but be still my beating heart. What an upgrade. This new model has everything and more. I have fallen in love all over again. Smooth ride, easy to figure out the control panel (it's not like having to read an instructional manual to figure out what everything does) and the safety features like lane assist, rear camera and all the air bags are what Volvo is known for. To me this is the safest car around.

Loved all the safety features

by Toothdoc from Louisville,ky on Fri May 19 2017

I really love everything about the car, comfort,legroom,safety,visibility. The touchpad is distracting so much on it.

Best Car I have ever owned...

by MommyMelissaxc90 from Bradenton, FL on Wed Apr 04 2018

I was a Jeep girl...it took 25 years and 3 kids to get me out of one. Unfourtantly 3 car seats do not fit in the back seat of a Jeep. I did not want a monster sized suv and a mini van situation was not happenening. We bought 3 Clek car seats (the car seats you can fit 3 across) and headed to Volvo, Audi, and Lincoln....the car seats fit in an XC90, Q7, and a MKX, but the safety features, add'l cameras, and the sporty drive on the XC90 won me over. We love driving it and the kids love it. It's so luxurious. I feel bad saying so but I kinda don't miss my Jeep.

Best SUV ever built

by DengOrlando from Orlando,Fl on Sun Sep 03 2017

I bought a 2016 xc90 Inscription by Oct.2015.I have been using it for almost two years. it is a very reliable car. All the features give you the pleasantness to drive and enjoyment. Last month, our family decided to switch all our cars to Volvo XC90. Now we are a family of Volvo XC90 with equality.

Too Many problems on this vehicle

by diaztito from El Paso, Texas on Tue Dec 17 2019

Terrible experience with this vehicle. Brake issues, A/C issues, Tire issues, you name it this vehicle has it. I wish I could say it was my vehicle only, but I know 2 other families that have the exact same model and year and yes same problems. All 3 of us both these brand new from the dealership.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car, even better at night!

by AustinJ from Austin, TX on Wed Oct 25 2017

So far we have been really happy with our XC90 and have been even more impressed when driving at night. The interior running lights give the kids enough light to look at toys and the exterior lights are great for lighting up our dark streets. I feel like the moving headlights have been especially effective on more than one occasion. We have had occasions where a pedestrian was wearing all black jogging on the side of the road. Chances are we would have seen them, but the lights really made it obvious. My only semi negative is that sometimes the apple car play can be slow. Maybe its just our phones so I don't want to hold that against the car.

Great Volvo, my 10th is the best so far

by Hbk2 from Coraopolis pa on Tue Mar 06 2018

We previously had XC-60 2012 R design, we didn't think we could be happier, since we had no problems and were extremely satisfied with it, however, the 2017 r design XC-90 has exceeded our expectations, I was concerned going from 6 cylinder to 4, however, this engine is more than acceptable, extra features on 90 are great, and as usual Volvo seats are superior.

Interior fantastic performance laboured

by Straight eight from City of pot holes on Fri May 18 2018

A well made and safe SUV. Plenty of space and interior fantastic, best in class by a mile in terms of quality and looks. Exterior good looking although the rear end is a bit bland. Performance, acceleration and mpg (diesel) disappointing. Needs a V6 diesel or make the ridiculously expensive Polestar chip standard. if ever there was an admission by Volvo their cars are slightly underpowered the Polestar option confirms it. Overall safe, very good looks and underpowered. Would have one though for safety and looks alone but on condition Volvo reduced the price slightly to an acceptable level given the inadequate performance.

Love my Volvo

by Stylish mom from San Carlos, CA on Fri Jul 14 2017

Bought the 2017 XC90 T6 less than a month ago. So far everything works great. Most impressive is how powerful the car feels with a 2L engine, even better than my last (Audi Q5). Love the large high resolution touch screen, very intuitive to operate. The assisted driving/lane keeping function, auto-breaking for bumper to bumper traffic are my favorites already.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7