Dave Smith Ford

308 reviews

Read reviews that mention:

July 10, 2018

I have never left a review for anything before and had to sign up for google just for this reason because for the first time in my life I found it necessary.... I found it so necessary that I am going to paste my review in any area that this service center is listed. I would pick zero stars if I could. I have never had such bad service before. My car was brought there with the battery light on. Another garage told me it was the grill shutters and to bring it to a Ford dealer. Instead of checking to make sure that was the problem, they just ordered the parts for my car and I was told they would take a few days to come in. While waiting for the parts for more than a week, my horn stopped working. Then my dashboard lit up like crazy and my car broke down. I had it towed back to Dave Smith on a Tuesday, called them and informed them what happened and was told because my car was in there before I had to wait until Wednesday to talk to the person overseeing my car. I have never heard of such foolishness. Called Wednesday and was told he did not come to work so my car just sat there with nobody doing a thing with it, meanwhile I am paying for a rental. Again, never had any garage ever do this. I should have had it re-towed to West Herr or Delacy after that, but I digress. I again explained to Dolly (who was the only person there that actually took the time to listen) every code that flashed on the dash and that the horn was not working. I watched her write all of this down. Finally, on Thursday I get a call telling me it was my alternator and the parts again would be a few days out. Never experienced that with West Herr. Called them again on Monday, had to leave a voicemail for Mike because he was busy. No return call from him. I called again on Tuesday and was told my parts were there and they were just getting it in for repair. One full week of a rental car to have an alternator changed. Go to pay the bill and they never gave me my AAA discount so had to wait for him to redo everything. I was told that my original parts/grill shutters could be restocked except for one which was a plug. I was told the plug would be in my car. It was not. At this point I was WAY too annoyed to go back in and ask for it. Got home, hit the lock button on my fob and figured out they never bothered to repair the horn. I have never had such a bad experience with a Ford service station before and I have driven Fords for over 30 years. I now have to take my car in once again to have the horn repaired, but it surely will not be to Dave Smith Ford. I will take the time to go out to West Herr where I know the work will actually be completed, and in a timely fashion.

April 8, 2018

I was contacted by salesman Jadon shortly after signing up for a test drive promotion by Ford. During the test drive at Dave Smith, Jadon was very informative... with all ford was offering at the time (rebates, lease buyouts, etc.) and all of the features of both the 2017 and 2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboosts. As I wasn't ready to buy for a couple of months, Jadon kept in contact and was very responsive to every question and concern I had. When I decided on a model located at an out of town dealership, Jadon was quick to assure me that they could retrieve it. A week later, after the quickest buying process I have experienced along with the lowest finance rate I could find, I am loving my 2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost in lightning blue. Very impressed with overall experience. No nagging salesman trying to upsell you, but rather very responsive to every need.

Thank you for the great review. Jadon does a great job for us. Congratulations on your purchase and please let us know if you need anything!

• April 13, 2018

Great service, like always greets me by name right as I walk in the door. I go in to get things fixed that I'm aware of, few times they caught other... things that need immediate attention or future and let me no in advance

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your business.

February 20, 2018

I bought a car over 6 years ago, always was there on time to have my oil changed and tires rotated. The label that was on my wind shield said what I though... was a different number because of the comma, so I noticed it and called right away. I was told my warranty was no longer any good. I said it was a misreading due to the comma that looked like a 9 not a 0, he said nothing we can do for you. WOW I was pretty upset that there was nothing they could do for me. My next car will not be from Dave Smith.

January 21, 2018

I have dealt with the staff at Dave Smith Ford for many years. They have always provided outstanding service and have been extremely helpful in answering... all the questions i have asked.

Thank you, Michael! We appreciate your continued business and positive feedback.

January 9, 2018

Jim Walters is the best in the business..He made the whole buying process so easy..i bought a used fusion and it was exactly how he described it and how... it was shown online..he even drove it to make sure everything was good because the car was for my daughter..the finance guy was nice and we electronically signed the docs and we were done..he did explain items we can buy to protect the car but as soon as I said no he moved along and did not by any means try to pressure me to buy anything like other dealerships..I live closer to two ford dealerships but I took the drive out to Dave Smith because of their no pressure..I couldn’t believe how fast I was in and out the dealership and on the road with my new car..Thank you jim Walters and all of the Dave Smith staff

Hi Moe, thank you for the positive feedback. We are glad to hear everything went well for your buying experience. Wally does a great job! Please let u...s know if you need anything. Congratulations on your new vehicle!

January 5, 2018

I had been looking at used trucks for weeks, Dave Smith Ford had quite a few used F150's that I was interested in looking at. Went up on Saturday morning(12/30)... to check them out. I went inside and Jadon came over to see if he could help. We discussed what I was looking for. I test drove one and looked at another one(both used). They were nice, but not for me. After briefly talking about a lease, we took a 2018 for a test drive. WOW! Exactly what I was looking for, but yet wanted to stay at a certain budget. After a little negotiation, the deal had been done, I had the price I wanted and a bedliner. Throughout the process, I had mentioned that my wife really would like to end her current lease early and get an Escape like she had a few years back. So, after a few phone calls and some more negotiation, we had come to terms on a 2018 Escape Titanium for less than what she was paying for the other vehicle(not a ford). We took delivery on different days(had to dealer trade for the Escape), and Matt was very thorough when he explained the paperwork. Jadon went through some of the options on the vehicle and paired her phone, and we went on our way. Jadon was knowledgeable of the vehicles and how things worked, and was easy to deal with. In fact, everyone at the dealership seemed friendly. Overall, it was a positive experience, and we would recommend Dave Smith Ford to anyone looking for a fair, non-pressured deal.

Thank you for the 5 star review, we really appreciate it! Jadon does an excellent job for us. We hope you are enjoying your new F150. If you need anyt...hing please let us know.

December 31, 2017

Great experience buying here. Kevin helped us out in finding a new vehicle for my husband.

Jamie, thank you for the 5 Star review. We appreciate it!

December 31, 2017

We were NOT happy with the paint “touch up” that we thought would be repaired and agreed upon prior to purchase. After getting an estimate elsewhere we... were told that it would be made right by dealer . If this happens we would be more than ecstatic with the entire process purchase and the way we were treated by the dealership. the salesman and finance guys were great and we have 2 other family members that have bought and leased from Dave Smith. So happy customers mean referrals.

Thank you for the 5 Stars!

December 8, 2017

Spent all day purchasing a used 2016 Ford Focus. The car had problems from the get go-good luck trying to get through to the service department or get... anyone me to return a phone call.

Hi Debra, I know you have spoke with Eric and Bill. Everything is all set. If you need any further assistance, please let us know!