2013 RDX

2013 Acura RDX

2013 Acura RDX

4.2

Have You Driven the 2013 Acura RDX?

Better Than Expected

by Dog Walker from Wyoming Valley, PA on Fri Sep 21 2012

Today marks the end of the first month of owning my 2013 Acura RDX. Have driven a little over 1,500 miles in that time. The original 'test drive' did not do this vehicle justice. The more time I spend behind the wheel, the more satisfied and pleased I am with the 2013 RDX. It really is better than I expected. Smooth ride; plenty of power; great handling and first rate cabin comfort and roominess. In my opinion, the 2013 RDX is an excellent value for the money spent.

Best of all worlds

by Acura hugger from Los angeles on Sat Sep 01 2012

When I heard that the the 2013 RDX would be 6 cylinders, I knew it would be the car to buy. I came out of a TL and was spoiled by the quick responsiveness and power. The RDX reacts the same way. This car is perfect for everyday driving as well as going out with my wife and 2 dogs. I am 6'4" and have plenty head and leg room. Smaller than an suv, it has an airy, roomy feel inside, fits in compact parking spaces and I don't feel guilty at the gas pump. The car comes beautifully equipped and the voice commanded features are ahead of their time. Acura also follows up after purchase to make sure you understand how to get the most benefit from those features. I think they figured out what people want and delivered.

Nice luxury SUV

by Goletamom from Goleta, CA on Tue Dec 17 2013

I hadn't originally thought to look at the Acura RDX when I was looking for a new SUV. I was looking at the Edge and the Highlander (which was the vehicle I was replacing). The RDX far surpassed the interior of both of the other vehicles and it had really high reliability ratings (which the Edge did not). It was in the same price range, similar size and similar gas milage. I love my new Acura. It's very smooth, comfortable and a pleasure to drive. I would highly recommend it based on the several weeks I've owned it.

Great car. Few quirks.

by blue devil from Durham, NC on Fri Jun 21 2013

Great car so far. I have only had 2 weeks, but have had a couple minor issues already. Hope it does not bode poorly for the future. I had a "woodlike" steering wheel added and it was put on crooked (obviously dealer issue) but they quickly fixed it at no charge. Now am having a couple warning lights come on for no reason and suspect some kind of short. Assume this will be easy to take care of. Otherwise drives well, looks great, tech features work well and are fairly easy to learn. I looked at a lot of cars and would buy again.

How to Make a Car

by Parnelli from Massachusetts on Thu Jun 20 2013

The RDX is a fine car that strikes a great balance of comfort, convenience and value. Its leather seats are beautifully made and it's extremely comfortable on long hauls. The cabin is quiet and cylinder deactivation works silently to boost mpg from 20 to 30 or even 40. Paddle shifting is fun and saves on brake wear in sudden slowdowns in city traffic or on mountain roads. The V6 is powerful and acceleration is excellent for passing or merging into highway traffic. All this and for a price significantly below that of its nearest competitors. Shifting can be a bit sluggish at low acceleration, and the RDX gives you comfort and a refined ride in exchange for the feeling of driving a sports car. Bluetooth and USB audio work beautifully and controls are easy to use. The well-designed cabin is a very pleasant place to spend time. I drove a Honda for many years and am delighted that the RDX has all the virtues of a Honda plus several more that are all its own.

We love it

by Soon to retire from Ohio on Tue Jan 15 2013

My wife and I love our new 2013 RDX. Recently took a trip and got 32.5 mpg! The ride was great and we recieved some compliments from some strangers such as "classy" and "nice car". We plan to do a lot of traveling in this car when we retire.

Love my new RDX

by OJ from Los Angeles, CA on Fri Aug 24 2012

Have had my 2013 RDX almost two months now. Am finally used to no key and the push button starter. But, have not made my way through the 700+ pages of the manuals that came with it. Love the way it drives and has a very comfortable cabin. The Navi is different than in my old Acura so have still not quite figured it out and the voice command system can be frustrating but we are working on it.

Hybrid Luxury

by Suv fan from Denver on Tue Jul 23 2013

So many bells and whistles for the money! Great improvement on the voice activation over previous years. Navigation is light years better than prior model. Slightly better MPGs. Luxury and comfort in every aspect!

Great car for the money!

by Krhymerp from San Bruno on Fri Aug 24 2012

Very fuel efficient car for a V6. better gas milage than my infiniti g35 Im in love with the technology package.

Best SUV I've ever bought

by Len from Lancaster, NY on Thu Aug 30 2012

We've owned our Acura RDX for about a month now, and we have absolutely no complaints. While this is not a candidate for off-road driving, it certainly fills the bill as a luxury crossover. Virtually everything is standard on this vehicle (As far as I know, the only option is an enhanced electronic package). The RDX delivers decent gas mileage (about 22 mpg with mostly stop and go driving), handles well and has a very comfortable ride. We love the exterior styling and the interior is equally well appointed (would like some wood accents, though).

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2013 Acura RDX

The redesigned 2013 Acura RDX is better armed to win over shoppers — it's larger, lighter and more efficient — while offering an attractive value proposition.

Acura didn't have much success with the RDX in its previous incarnation. It was reasonably priced with a slew of standard features shoppers would want in a luxury SUV, but its quirky turbocharged engine and cramped confines were deal breakers.

The 2013 has been redesigned in a number of significant ways. Not only is it larger inside and out, it's lighter, features a different optional all-wheel-drive system and, most important, there's a standard V-6 engine under the hood that's more efficient.

There is a battle raging among... Read More