NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2013 X3

2013 BMW X3

2013 BMW X3

3.9

Have You Driven the 2013 BMW X3?

Honestly Amazing Car From an Incredible Brand

by JP from West Virginia on Wed Oct 02 2013

The X3 xdrive 35i is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It's performance is incredible. It feels like far more than 300 lb. ft. of torque. it gets up and goes. With bliztech winter tires on this vehicle will quite literally go anywhere in the winter. My ex has an extremely long steep driveway that is nearly solid ice in the winter and my X3 never once had a problem going up it. If you are looking for a smaller or mid size luxurious suv this should be at the top if your list. Prior to my X3 I owned an Acura TSX, then an Audi Q5, and a Mercedes-Benz GLK 350 in that order. The TSX was a good car but it diminished quickly and had quite a few problems. By the time I traded it in I had to hold the pedal to the floor to get up most hills and inclines. The Q5 did very poorly in rain or snow and had multiple mechanical issues. The navigation would freeze, I had several problems with the engine, the power steering went out on the interstate, the passenger headlight malfunctioned. Needless to say I traded it in after 6 short months. The GLK was a great car but the interior was extremely cheap even in the top trim model with AMG package I had. Amongst other problems the back vents broke twice, the glovebox wouldn't close and had to be left open until I had time to get it replaced. The interior was also dated with very little luxurious amenities. All in all once you test drive the X3 I can pretty much guarantee that you will be driving it off the lot

Love this car so far!

by Denise from New Bedford, MA on Tue Jul 05 2016

I have owned this car for about a month now and I love it. I'm only on my 2nd car (had my first one 16 years) and had been looking for an SUV and this was definitely the one for me. It has all the features I wanted including navigation, bluetooth, cruise control, heated seats, a heated steering wheel, panoramic moonroof, and a love that I can open and close the trunk electronically. The moonroof even has a little net that pops up at the front when you open it which seems to minimize the wind noise. It drives really nicely, and I'm looking forward to taking it on road trips. The design is nice too and even though I bought one that is 3 years old it doesn't look outdated. I am very happy with this car and hope to keep it for a long time.

An Absolute DISASTER.

by SHunziker from Seattle, WA on Mon Nov 12 2018

We bought this car used in June 2016. In the last year, we’ve had it in the shop for about 4 months total time. We have spent THOUSANDS on frivolous repairs, due to the horrid engine and shoddy craftsmanship (My trunk has been unusable for the last 8 months). We are now facing having to replace the engine. BMW has turned a blind eye to a known problem, and they are selling junk. It’s a beautiful car, but looks aren’t everything. BMW could have made a lifelong customer out of me, but instead I will NEVER buy another BMW, and I shout it from the rooftops to everyone I meet to avoid BMW. I have saved at least 3 people from having a similar fate. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

German engineering at its best!!

by Bimmer 101 from Woodstock VA on Wed Jan 23 2013

Have read a lot of reviews on BMWs but never drove one. Took the X3 35i for a drive and knew I needed this vehicle . It's a sports car with a "backpack" is a good way to sum up what BMWs latest design is on the X3. Excelleration is smooth and handling corners is a breeze. Push the Sport Mode and it doubles the fun. So if you are looking for an AWD sports car that has the ability to haul things, this is the one for you.

Extremely Refined

by Mike 2002 Fan from Amelia Island, FL on Tue Jan 22 2013

We have owned BMWs going back to the 2002. Have owned usually the 3 and 5 series and most recently a 2006 X3. This new 2013 X3 is extremely refined compared to the 2006. The differences are very noticeable. It's still a BMW in terms of handling & performance, but the ride is extremely smooth and the wind noise (particularly with the sunscreen open and the sunroof closed) is radically reduced. The around town mileage has been 25-26 and highway runs 27-28. All in all, a big step ahead from the original X3. An outstanding vehicle in every way so far!

Engine replaced at 68,000 miles at the tune of $18

by Mad women from Rockledge, Fl on Mon Jun 05 2017

Original loved my car until, I continued to have the same problem "low oil pressure". Problem began at 58k. BMW diagnoses didn't fix the problems until I had dump 8k and the new 18k engine.

Does not recommend this car!!

Completely Enjoyable Ownership Experience

by SoccerMom811 from Des Moines, Iowa on Sun Aug 23 2015

I leased my 2013 BMW X3 in December of 2012 and it has been a wonderful ownership experience. The car drives and handles like a dream and the cold weather package is second to none. We take my car on all of our road trips because it is so comfortable to drive and ride in. The only issues I have had are the rear lift gate mechanism needed to be replaced, and I had a loose wire in my right rear door that needed to be tightened up so the window would lower/raise. I consider these to be minor issues. Otherwise the vehicle has been perfect! I have serious considered purchasing this vehicle off lease but due to concerns over high long term cost of ownership I will be returning the vehicle.

Excellent Car

by Dog Lover from Chicago, IL on Wed Oct 17 2012

Drives great! Handles well in all weather conditions. The rear seats are very comfortable and spacious, and have ample leg room. This car drives very smoothly, with great pickup when on the highway.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Rated a 10.0 by US News & World Report!

by ChattyKathy from santa cruz, CA on Sun Aug 12 2018

This BMW X3 met all of my expectations for a small SUV. It is fun to drive and gas mileage is good. I felt safe driving my grandchildren in this car.

excellent car, spacious, and fun to drive

by josgraha from Newark, NJ on Wed Feb 27 2019

this car has it all, styling, handling, power, and fun to drive. BMW really knows how to deliver the driving experience and luxury all in one understated, non-ostentatious package. Be careful with the warranty expiration. My annual shop costs went from almost nothing to 2k, to 4k within a few short years.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7