2017 X5

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

1000 miles on the odo, great so far

by Unkllars from Orange County, CA on February 26, 2017

My lease was up on my Audi A6, and I needed something bigger. Sticking with Audi would have been too expensive of a lease. I always liked the look of the X5, and when I drove it, it seemed like an easy choice. I miss some of Audi's user interface tech, but this was the right choice and the better looking car than all of its competitors

Love our X5

by MKMJ111 from Peoria, AZ on April 20, 2017

We traded in our 2015 BMW 428i for a loaded X5. The car drives and handles great. We are averaging 23MPG combined drives. On our road trip we averaged 26MPG on the HWY. We shopped the Audi Q7, Volvo XC90, and Mercedes before deciding on the BMW. The car hit on all points for us and we are happy to this point with it. I am partial to BMW having owned multiple BMW'S and it being my primary car/s since 1984.

by Chuck from Lutherville, Maryland on April 19, 2017

Love my new car. It handles almost like a sports car, although It is roomy like an SUV. It has more than enough pep. BMW has corrected the problem with the power steering. The turbo has no delay like the old ones use to. Although the car is expensive it is well worth it.

out of 5 starsReliability

Uses car for Towing

The F15 & its Evolution

by MrServiceAdvisor from on March 21, 2017

The X5 F15 boast its DNA, looking on its Kidney Grille alone explains everything. Aesthetically, the front bumper really changed the the way I look at the BMW X Series. The same elegant dashboard but with the new twist of I-Drive. But to be totally honest; except the electronics and its ease of access, everything is the same. It's the same but yet unsurpassed Mid-Range SUV of all time.

Best car ever!

by Gilbert the Great from NC on April 11, 2018

Love the X5 Best car ever It is one sweet road hugging suv and I will be hauling my bikes and grandchildren for many years to come

TEST DRIVE REVIEW 5 out of 5 stars

Surprising power for a hybrid -

by Scott from Irvine, CA on January 3, 2018

Plug in mode gives 25 miles which is good for a short commute. I was surprised at the power in EV mode. Nice comfortable ride.

BMW X5

by Dan from Falmouth, Ma on May 15, 2017

The X5 is the Best vehicle I have ever owned. Total enjoyment in every category. BMW also offers the most hassle free service experience.

It's perfect!

by Ning from Hamden on April 5, 2017

Overall?Comfort? Excellent?Performance?Exterior Styling?Interior Design?Value for the Money?Reliability is very good!

Great Car

by myadvocate from on March 12, 2017

Love the car. Jim Leavitt was very professional and he knows his industry. You don't always have trust in care sales people, and Jim made us feel comfortable.

Good but lacking in a key area

by Gear head from Raleigh, NC on September 30, 2017

So that you know where I am coming from, I am a 70 year old mechanical engineer that is still very active in forensics. I grew up with the evolution of the "muscle cars of the sixties and seventies. Accordingly, I drive a 2016 Challanger hellcat for a company car and a 2016 Z06 roadster for my toy. American muscle is my thing but this is not about me or my taste. My wife over the years, has learned to embrace the notion that performance is an important ingredient in car shopping. I had a 2014 SRT Grand Cherokee before the hellcat and, at the same time, she drove a Audi SQ5. I personally like the X5 / 445 hp package but it is considerably more expensive than the basic SQ5. Essentially, you have a hole in your offerings. The 3.5L / 300 hp model is heavier than the SQ5 and this combined with the extra weight creates a significant difference in performance between the 2 cars. Alternatively, the extra performance of the 445 hp model only gives a slightly better performance than the SQ5 which hardly seems worth the extra 15K. We had an X5 in 2002, with the oversize wheels and tires and loved everything about it but the 225 hp it had and have watched with great interest to see if BMW would every realize that there is a significant size market that wants some amount of extra performance but were unwilling to spend a lot of extra money to get anything more than a so-so performance. BMW is very aware of the need for extra models to suit the needs of car drivers, possessing offering 3 more classes of cars (1-series, 2-series and the 4-series), with 4 choices in engines (320, 328, 335, and the M-series). My hat is off to BMW for being sharp enough to fill in the gaps that previously existed with the cars. I only wonder why they have not noticed that the SQ5 survives well in a market that BMW has overlooked. Make it and I'll by it.

1 2 3 4