2006 Lucerne

2006 Buick Lucerne

2006 Buick Lucerne

4.5

Have You Driven the 2006 Buick Lucerne?

My 4th Buick

by Love Leather Luxury from Wellsville, NY on Tue Sep 06 2011

I DO love this car ...except for 2 things : The "posts" between the windshield & the front windows are much wider than other cars, obstructing the view of things or oncoming cars from the side. Also, this car is a little too "low-set". the front bottom (airdam) will scrape the road, even at small dips or driveway unevenness. I'm not too concerned about either problem because I've learned to look from in front & back of the posts, and I haven't driven it during our NY winters yet to see if it bottoms out even more. Nice, beautiful car though !

Extremely Dependable

by Tom from Minneapolis, Mn. on Sun May 08 2011

I purchased my 2007 Lucerne CXL used with only 9,000 miles on it.and I now have driven it for an additional 20,000 miles. It handles extremely well.. Quiet and smooth.. Great in the snow.. Great options,heated and A/C seats,rear park assist,navagation,,all of which work superbly.. The only issue, which I have read on some other reviews is the airbag light comes on ocassionally,but based on the overall mechanics/style/options/performance and price tag,I can live with that light coming on every once in a while. Now my question to General Motors is,why have they decided to stop production on the Lucerne.?,,as I have learned 2011 is the last year of its production of the Lucerne??go figure,once they really get something right,they discontinue its production..

Excelant value for the money!!

by John from Port Jefferson from Long Isalnd, New York on Wed Jan 31 2007

I bought my Lucerne CX and drove it the next day for a 10 day road trip from NY to Fla. The car was superb in its overal performace and gas milage. The car drove well in cold January weather into hot south Fla. weather [a/c on] then back to NY and hitting snow and ice in Va. and the D.C. area. I clocked just under 3100 miles overall. It's been a pleasure so far with no problems. This is my first Buick. I upgraded from a 2001 Honda Accord. The Buick is much quieter and smoother riding with confident road manners than my Accord and I'm now looking forward to my next trip back to Fla. in the Buick. I will update this review if I should find any problems .. so far so good! btw.. for those who have not found the trunk handle .. it's not on the outside. When trunk is fully open look up [right of center] and you will see along the bottom of the trunks edge an indented rectangular molding for your hands four fingers to slip into. You close the trunk by pulling downward with one quick motion. It will take a couple of times of practice to get the feel of it .. not closing the trunk to hard. One last comment, my Lucerne is black with titanium grey interior. I got so many nice comments from people while out one night for dinner in Boca Raton Fla. These were Lexus and BMW people who couldn't get over how beautiful my car looked parked next to their shiny black, waxed, buffed cars. You should have seen the surprize look on their faces when they saw it was a Buick Lucerne they were admiring!!

better-than-average

by glendola from Lakewood, NJ on Wed Jan 28 2009

I purchased a 2006 Lucernne new in 4-06 and have accumulated 30,000 miles. I have found the vehicle to be very pleasant in every aspect, and have not had any mechanical problems other than an ongoing problem where the airbag light comes on intermittently. The diagnosit equipment can't seem to ascertain the source of the problem. I have brought it to the dealer three times, and the light keeps coming back on. Other than that I am very satisfied with the vehicle.

First Buick hits the spot.

by Riding Comfortable in Carolina from NC on Sun Jun 25 2006

I bought the CXS after shopping the Chrysler 300C, the Toyota Avalon, the VW Passat and the Cadillac STS. I had been driving a 99 Chrysler 300M. The Lucerne is very quiet, rides well and has great features with pretty practical controls, including those on the steering wheel and column. The sound system is outstanding, and I'm sold on the XM/OnStar combination. The parking assist and rear obstacle detector are great, particularly in parallel parking and tight parking lots. This is my first V8; it delivers the power. Highway passing is a breeze, and it maintains highway speed on fair grades in the mountains without any difficulty. It has a cavernous trunk. Some of the other conveniences like the remote start and the rain-sensitive windshield wipers are great, though probably not critical to a satisfactory driving experience. If I had my druthers, the rear seats would fold down instead of just having the little passthrough port. You'd expect the cargo net in the trunk to be standard on a $30+k car, and the 18 inch chrome wheels look great but make for a fairly wide turning radius. If the reliability and build quality prove out over time, this is a real keeper.

Never buy another car that's not a Buick.

by Burks from Scottsburg, In. on Wed Feb 18 2015

I recently bought my 06 Buick Lucerne and it is the best car I have ever owned. The drive is smooth, great handling. I bought the CXS version so I have all the bells and whistles that go along with it and totally love the car. I get around 25 mpg highway which I feel is great for a V8. Mine is silver and chrome outside and beautiful dark wooden trim and the heated black leather seats with the sunroof which goes all the way back or raises up in back makes this car one of the best looking cars on the road. Only issue, which is not a big issue, is the the bar between the front window and the passenger window block a little of the view as you turn. Other then that, this is the best car I have ever owned and I am totally happy and will never own another car not name buick.

Smooth Ride!

by Dandy D from Virginia on Fri May 17 2013

While this may be an "old person's" car, if you want a smooth ride that's comfortable to drive, this is it! The series III 3800 is a work horse engine that is returning in the low to middle 30's mpg on the hwy and upper 20's around town. IF you opt for the front bench seat with the shifter on the column over the shifter on the console, the cup holders are a bit awkward as you after to flip down an access cover that looks strange..... then the holes for the cups are a tad too small for the best cups. Other than that, great car. Enough room in the trunk for you and another person to use it as a camper on long trips! (LOL)

excellent overall

by rich from tn on Thu Aug 13 2009

Nice ride very comfortable, interior easy to reach insturments, best overall buy for the money, and for a what I call a real car. Had many postive comments on the car from others riding in it. For me from now on a Buick.

Luxury and Dependability

by pingaa3 from California on Tue May 16 2017

This car has enough driver side leg room for a 6'4" man and adjusts to a 5'4" woman. It fits three car seats in the back seat with LATCH or belt use. The car rides smoothly and has amazing traction. I only sold it because I needed a truck!

I'm impressed

by Chelle67 from NM on Sun Nov 19 2006

I like this car, and contrary to reviews, I love the front end! It's a classy car at an inexpensive price!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2006 Buick Lucerne

Buick's new full-size sedan, the Lucerne, tackles one of the automaker's key challenges: capturing younger buyers while simultaneously appealing to its core consumers — a group that's been around an average of 65 years. That's a tough task, but one made easier with the Lucerne's composed ride, capable automatic transmission and high-quality interior materials.

There's much to like about the Lucerne's highway manners. The predominant theme during a three-hour nonstop trip from Chicago to Kalamazoo, Mich., was comfortable, low-fatigue driving. The Lucerne CXS' perforated leather seats no doubt contribute to the car's long-haul capabilities, combining surprising softness with support. The front... Read More