Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2016 XTS

2016 Cadillac XTS

2016 Cadillac XTS

Have You Driven the 2016 Cadillac XTS?

Beautiful Machine

by Shore Drive Caddy Driver from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on Mon Jan 04 2016

Test drive revealed new suspension system for 2016, making it the smoothest drive ever felt. Safety features are excellent, as you can now see exactly how you are parked from the bird's eye camera. Lane changing warning signals are so welcomed. They present the safest experience on today;s busy roads. I wish the interior wood trim were a little brighter, since the dark tone blends in too much with the darker leather seats and dash. In metallic graphite, a very classy exterior look is obtained. We're so happy our dealer informed us of the special incentives to trade in our 2013 for a 2016. Just having the additional safety features is truly a great advantage.

Refined; with all the bells & whistles

by tedguy from Stuart, FL on Mon Jan 18 2016

Very satisfying to drive and show off! A real joy! Roomy and comfy. Infotainment system takes a while to learn, but then it's pretty intuitive. Perhaps not as good as Ford's. Overkill: motorized face plate covering phone locker activated by hand proximity. Buttons on steering wheel sometimes duplicate other dashboard controls. Nav touch screen is a marvel. Best of all: 360 deg. cameras and proximity sensors are safety improvements for maneuvering, backing up and parking with even a view of the car & surroundings from above.

Best new car Ive owned so far !

by Cadillac Enthusiast from Aurora, Colorado on Thu Dec 24 2015

This 2016 Cadillac XTS Platinum has all the options and features that I want and even more that I really enjoy! The best luxury car I have ever owned ! I especially love the radar controlled Adaptive Cruise Control which automatically matches the speed of the vehicle in front of you and maintains the proper gap or distance from the vehicle in front of you. Great safety feature !

Great Car!

by Jag-Guy from on Mon Feb 13 2017

Bought a Certified Pre-Owned 2016 Cadillac XTS Platinum, and we're loving the comfort and features of this car!

A great car in every way

by Luxury car of its time from Conroe, TX on Wed Mar 02 2016

We decided to go with a lease this time, that was the best choice. We like everything about it; cool and heated seats front and back, smooth, quiet ride. The seats are so comfortable, we love the back seat leg room. There's nothing to dislike about the beautiful piece of machinery. This vehicle is a great investment for any age!

Love this Cadillac XTS Vsport Platinum

by pusatericarnut from Boardman, OH on Mon Mar 13 2017

I've been driving a 2015 Genesis 5.0 Ultimate which I really like. The V8 power is awesome. However, I have had a few minor issues with it and gotten horrible service from the dealership and Hyundai corp. At the same time, we have no issues with my wife's 2014 SRX and have been treated like royalty by Cadillac. So I knew that I wanted to replace the Genesis with a Cadillac. The CTS is too small for me, so it had to be the XTS. To get similar power and features I had to get the Vsport Platinum trim. At $74k it is considerably more expensive than the Genesis at $56k but I knew what I wanted. I found a 2016 with 13k miles on it that had never been titled and saved enough on it to make it less than a new Genesis. The twin turbo (410HP) is very powerful and some my call it fast, but it comes up just short of the V8 (420 HP) in seat of the pants feel that I was used to. There is a Livernois Motorsports tune that will bump the HP up by 100 and torque by 120 so that may still be an option for me. Interior wise the Cadillac is very very comfortable with excellent fit and finish. Seats are great front and rear, but the fronts have a massage feature that is out of this world. Tech wise it is equal to the Genesis with infotainment systems (don't let the bad reviews on consumer reports scare you, the CUE system works fine), heads up display, power rear sun shade etc, but the Cadillac's configurable gauge cluster sets it apart. The ride is very smooth and quiet and I was surprised by how well it handles. It drives like a much smaller and sportier car. The brakes are equal to the task with 4 piston Brembos up front. The AWD is an added bonus. Exterior wise it is a looker, but more subdued than the Genesis. Again fit and finish is top notch. Small things that I wish were better... I hate the horn blowing when you lock it and wish it was a chirp instead....I miss the Genesis logo being shined onto the ground from the puddle lamps under the mirrors... that new Cadillac logo would look sweet down there. Overall and excellent car, but not sure I would have paid $74k for it. But at the price that I did pay it is a bargain. BONUS: Cadillac is already treating me the way that I should be. Also weird is that from 1985 to 2014 I had not bought a GM car and now have 2016 Cadillac XTS, 2017 GMC Terrain SLT and my 1972 Olds 442 Convertible in the fleet. GM is back. I also highly recommend Lavery Chevy, GMC, Cadillac in Alliance Oh

Most reliable car very sharp

by Ladytate from Battle Creek. Mi on Thu May 31 2018

This car is wonderful the smooth ride on the highway and I love the way I can adjust the seats for my size. I love the color zi purchased a red kind of sporty and classy

American Luxury Sedan

by American Standards Enthusiast from Almonte, Ontario on Thu Sep 10 2015

Having driven in the past fifteen years 7 Lincolns (2 LS, 1 Town Car and 4 MKS Eco-Boost) I was of course interested to know whether Cadillac is just the "competition" or whether it really provides substantive foundation to the popular adage "The Cadillac Package". Recently I bought a 2016 Cadillac XTS Premium package loaded. I didn't opt for the Platinum because I would have had to get a moon roof which I did not want. I also wanted the Kona brown interior which for some reason isn't available on the pricier models. I went for FWD primarily for the savings (the AWD comes with the bigger engine) but also because I don't drive in snow. Bottom line: the Caddy is great! In a week of fairly steady driving I have adjusted to the standard, less powerful engine (the MKS Eco-Boost really did move, no question). The standard Caddy engine is however perfectly satisfactory for a large sedan and perhaps even more stately with its moderate inertia. Frankly I always felt like a bit of a hoodlum outrunning those petulant BMWs coming from behind on the freeway filter lanes. The Caddy is very quiet (as was the MKS); strong, balanced stance; good traction; great sound system; everything works as it is supposed to; no rattles; uses regular fuel; locks automatically when you walk away with the key in your pocket; the exterior lights announce the car; the door handles feel terrific; the seats with the 32-way adjustments are perfectly accommodating; the CUE system is more convenient than the Sync system by Ford (though admittedly it took some time - a week - to familiarize myself, but that's true of any new computer); it doesn't suffer the blight of the MKS being a souped-up Taurus; the outside mirrors can fold electronically (will never know why MKS never did that!); and - here's the real big deal for me - Head Up Display (HUD) which thankfully eliminates having to search for one's speed (and other info such as current direction and radio station, even RPMs). Of course in keeping with the further adage that "You get what you pay for", even though the MKS was great value, if I am to be blunt, the Caddy - though more costly - is worth it. There are almost imperceptible - though very palpable - elements of higher quality in the Caddy. As far as I'm concerned, I'm sticking with Cadillac in the future.

Very impressive vehicle

by Very Impressed hard to please skeptical driver. from Nampa, Idaho on Sat Aug 06 2016

This year I Decided to purchase the 2016 Cadillac XTS platinum FWD. After driving it for almost 3000 miles in less that a month I decided to write this review to express my total satisfaction with every single aspect of this vehicle. Pros: (1) Flawless super quiet, smooth, comfortable drive even on rough roads. The magnetic electronic drive and rear weight adjusting suspension work great. (2) Great massaging, heated and cooled front seats. (3) 304 HP V6 while not super strong produces adequate power when you need it. (4) Night driving is a unique experience, The lighting effects of the welcome lights are cool. When you push the FOB and approach the vehicle the rear and driving lights turn on dimly and brighten after a few seconds .while the door handles illuminate. After the driving lights brighten the headlights turn on and swivel from side to side as if scanning your path to the car. The interior lights are totally awesome too. The automatic intelli-beam headlights turn in the direction of the steering to illuminate the roadway and includes auto high and low beams.(5) Seats are comfortable and have a 22 way adjustment with a thigh extender that gives you a recliner feel.Both the driver and passenger sides have memory settings. The rear seats are heated and very comfortable with plenty of leg and head room.The rear arm rest has radio/stereo controls for passengers.(6) The CUE system takes a while to learn but includes apple Carplay and a Bose stereo system with 14 speaker surround sound The speakers are spread throughout the car including two on each side of the fron seat head rests.You can adjust the system to an unbelievable sound that totally envelopes you. Cons: (1) low reliability ratings in consumer reports. Time will tell on this one. (2) Engine could be more powerful. (3) Price comparable to other luxury vehicles with better reliability records for people that prefer consumer reports reliability over comfort and technology.(4) The CUE system is pretty technical and takes a while to learn. A lot of technology that can intimidate some owners. It includes drivers assist reactive cruise control, parking assist that actually parks the car, your seat warns you of driving obstructions, collision awareness, automatic stops if you unintentionally ignore warnings and fail to stop, You can change the looks of the dashboard if you need another view, steering controls are very technical but provide every option to keep the driver informed on vehicle systems like oil life, tire pressure, battery voltage, trip odometers etc, etc. All in all this is a pretty impressive vehicle.Love it so far.

Good car, but too much road noise.

by Love0126 from on Thu Jun 08 2017

The car is very nice, but I have two significant gripes. Firstly, the road noise with most tires is horrific during highway driving. I had to replace the stock tires with Pirellis in order to make the road noise even tolerable. Secondly, the passenger seat has a malfunctioning weight sensor and it randomly chimes at you to buckle up a non-existent passenger. It must be a known Cadillac defect, because on an ATS, I had the identical issue. Otherwise the car is very comfortable, and aside from the stock V6 not having much torque, it is a very comfortable car to drive, other than the road noise. The new CUE entertainment system is pretty good. All in all, not a great value for the money, but a decent value.

1 2 3