2012 Camaro

2012 Chevrolet Camaro

2012 Chevrolet Camaro

Have You Driven the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro?

awesome

by bonzie03561 from Littleton NH on Thu Aug 23 2012

I traded in my 2010 SX4 Suzuki for my camaro. The Suzuki is a nice little car but it isn't a camaro. I got the 6 cylinder LT model black with a white stripe. It is an awesomely engineered product is all I can say. Strangers are constantly commenting on the looks and ask questions about it. I'm 76 years old and driving is fun again. Plus I'm getting 27 MPG, same as the Suzuki. I gave it 4 of 5 on comfort because it is a wee bit hard to get in and out of for a 76 year old but not a real problem.

Love this car

by Camaro Dotts from Reno, Nv on Mon Jul 16 2012

Have had my Inferno Orange 2012 V6 for almost 6 months and I love it. The MPG I am getting is better than I expected, I have gotten 21.5 going back and forth to work. The car is quiet, smooth, and a joy to drive. The HUD is very awsome I dont know how I got along with out it. The sound system is just amazing. The seats are very comfortable, and yes the back seat is more like storage unless you have very small children. There is that coupe problem of seeing out the back, but it was very easy to get used to and I have no problems keeping track of cars around me. The back up camera is a must for me with this car so look for one with it. I have owned Hondas and Toyotas, and this car is every bit as nice if not better than they were in fit and finish. As for the Mustang after owning one for a few years I much prefer the Camaro. It drives so much better. If you are thinging of getting one I would say go drive one, they are not for everyone, my husband does not like it as much because of his height. And some people just cant get used to the limited sight, but I LOVE mine.

New 2012 45th Anniversary Edition Camaro

by Lophat from Chicago on Fri Sep 13 2013

Purchased a new 2012 Chevy RS Camaro convertible 45th Anniversary Edition in late August 13. The vehicle comes very well equipped with the exception of NAVI. It does come with On Star and a dynamite stereo system. I've looked at Camaros for over a year but did not do so seriously as I have 2 children and thought they would not fit in the rear seat. Much to my surprise my 13 and 14 year olds fit in the rear seat just fine (full disclosure: my wife is 5'4 and I'm 5'7 so we don't take up much space in the front.) I am very pleased with the space in the cabin but wonder why the seats feel somewhat stingy in the cushion width. I weigh 155 lbs and find myself wanting a wider cushion on longer rides. To be fair I've only had the vehicle 3 weeks now and may need to find the right adjustment. This vehicle came with 20" tires and the special anniversary rims so the ride is quite stiff but I expected such. I owned a 91 Camaro with a V8 that my wife did not care to drive but she finds this RS version with a V6 a joy to drive. It doesn't have break neck torque off the line but it has plenty of pick up for me. Driving with the top down you're still surrounded by rich sounds from the Boston Acoustic speakers even on the expressway, the bluetooth tethered phone sounds good on expressway with windows up. With the heads up display I have no need to look at the dashboard while driving. I haven't pushed the car very hard but I will say it has great pick up for a car equipped with a 6 cylinder. This may be a small sporty car but it feels heavy and solid. I don't say heavy in a bad way, this thing holds the road very well. The Camaro gives a really big bang for the buck. I complained about the narrow seat but that being my only complaint I have to say I am extremely happy with the purchase my problem now is that I take the long route to every destination and then I don't want to get out once I arrive. (I rated the reliability a 5 because there was no option to bypass this question and did not want to rate it low since I have no experience with this yet.)

camaro

by glpcsk46 from Pasco, WA on Thu Aug 23 2012

When I was a little girl the Camaro came out. My dad worked for GM so we were excited for the Camaro to come out back then. I've wanted one ever since! I really had no intention of getting this one, thinking I could never afford one. Well..... I'm so glad it worked out. I absolutely love the car. It is quick, smooth riding, great to look at, comfortable, and much cheaper to run, and cost less than my 2006 Chevy Colorado crew cab. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CAR AND WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.

2012 Camaro

by RB from Corona, CA on Mon Jan 23 2012

This is an awesome car. Love the styling. Interior is user friendly. The RS 2LT has a lot of bells and whistles. Car is fun to drive. This one has the v6 rated at 323 hp. Has great acceleration without hitting passing gear. For a v6 I think that is incredible. Handles the corners even better than expected. I love the gas mileage (26 mpg) but often wonder what V8 performance would do. Only draw back for me is the ride is too stiff. This model has the sport cars suspension.

Very hot convertible

by tallbobby from Milwaukee WI on Sun Sep 23 2012

My first convertible and my first Camaro. Have the 2SS V-8 with 6 speed. Black and orange exterior with orange interior. Disappointed that exterior orange color comes from vinyl. At $47,000 sticker, I would expect it to be paint. Plenty of power and a great sound when you stand on it. Transmission is a little notchy, but that may improve with use. I'm 6'9" and have just enough room. Didn't fit in earlier Camaros. Could Detroit finally be catching on to the fact that there are a lot of big guys out there? Handles like a dream. Goes where you point it with no body lean. Really fun to hammer it coming out of a turn. Taken several guys for a ride and they're all impressed. Car feels claustrophobic with the top up, but it's just great with the top down. Really can recommend it, particularly the convertible. Get a lot of thumbs up and waves when I'm driving it.

fun fun fun

by joeee from largo,fla on Mon Apr 09 2012

love at first site , impulse purchase, couldn't enjoy more first time i've driven manual trans in many years any enjoying the heck out of it .....have had three people pull up in traffic to compliment the car

Perfection!

by BAD ZL1 from Coalinga Ca on Mon Aug 13 2012

I have had my ZL1 for about a month now. I have been 100% satisfied and happy. It turns heads and gets good comments every time I take it out, which is daily. Its Victory Red, Black wheels. Very fine car!

Beautiful Car

by Jason from Detroit on Thu Jun 06 2013

I have a 2LT convertible, and overall this is an amazing car. The ride and handling are great, and the power and sound from the V6 is outstanding. I still can't believe a naturally aspirated V6 can make so much power and sound so good with a stock exhaust. I am still getting nowhere near the rated mileage, but it may not be fully broken in yet and it is hard to drive this car slowly. The fit and finish of the convertible top it very impressive. The interior lining of the top looks great and everything closes out nicely. They obviously sweat the details on the top design. Overall I like the interior design, but the plastic on the console seems cheap and the sunvisors on the convertible are a joke. They couldn't be any smaller or more flimsy. On the plus side the seats are very supportive and comfortable. It's a car you can't wait drive and everyone loves to look at.

Camaro Convertibles Rock!

by Liven The Dream from Green Bay, WI on Mon May 07 2012

Love this car... the exterior styling, engine performance and handling are excellent! Interior styling could be upgraded... it's a little lacking for a $40K car. If you are looking for a car that is fun to drive, you won't be disappointed!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro

Forty years after the initial muscle car wars, names like Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger and Ford Mustang continue to duel. Each contender has its own prize stallion, with the 470-horsepower Challenger SRT8 topping the Dodge lineup and Ford storing the 662-hp GT500 in its stable. For 2012, the Camaro joins the party with its 580-hp ZL1, which, by a large margin, takes the throne as Chevrolet's baddest Camaro.

The roided-up 2012 Chevrolet Camaro doesn't disappoint in the go-fast department, but its loud, brutish attitude has limited appeal when you're not banging gears or lapping on a track.

Slotted above the V-8-powered SS trim level in the Camaro lineup, the ZL1 is a stout package with 154 more... Read More