Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2005 Colorado

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

2005 Chevrolet Colorado

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2005 Chevrolet Colorado?

Would buy another one if given the choice

by Can't beat it used from on Sat Jan 16 2010

I have had this truck for about a year and half and have loved it. I went from a full size Chevy truck to this and have never regretted it. I also looked at the Tacoma, Frontier and Dakota. In the end it came down to the cost of the truck and the value for it. The others could not even come close. I routinely use this for commuting, camping, road trips and managing some rentals I own. For me this truck is perfect. It is relatively inexpensive, fits in the garage easy, has a big enough bed to fit stuff and is thousands cheaper than the Japanese competition. It also gets great gas mileage (Consistently 18-19 city and low 22-23 on the highway). If this was ever wrecked and I had to buy another truck I would look for the same one. The comments about the interior are very valid and I think GM should do a better job on making the interior more appealing. Having said this, in the end this would increase the cost of the truck and, as mentioned, the cost was one of the main reasons I was attracted to this truck. A final note I think this truck fulfills its purpose as an economical vehicle that offers exceptional value, especially used.

Great Truck

by NCSUWolfpack from Greensboro, NC on Thu Sep 27 2007

I bought an 05 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 model a little while back and I'm loving it. Very confortable, versitile, and peppy truck. My wife wants to drive it all the time now because its a far superior vehicle to her Honda Element. I love all the room that the crew cab has and the excellent throttle response of the I5. When searching for a truck, we also test drove a Tacoma, and a Nissan and were pleasantly surprised that the Chevrolet out performed both of them in ride comfort, excelleration, and styling. Very nice truck.

fair for the price

by greyghost from north carolina on Wed Feb 01 2012

a good looking truck with plenty of power for a 4 cylinder. Heavy suspension makes for a hard ride and it has some wind noise from the passenger side. overall for the money - a workhorse of a truck.

Engineers Outdid Themselves On This One !!

by Trapper from Winchester,IN on Tue Jul 24 2012

I purchased this truck used in 2010 and my ONLY complaint is the legroom in the crew seat is a bit lacking in comfort for adults. Three kids ride comfortably even for long distances. Mileage is great on the 5 cyl at around 20 mpg. Pulls a trailer with ease. Very easy to handle. 4WD is very dependable,as is the entire truck for that matter. Filters are readily accessible and easy to change. VERY peppy truck. I have owned more trucks than I care to remember over the years and this one tops them all !! Buy one !! You won't be disappointed !!

Best one yet!

by andyshowfan from Sevierville, TN on Fri Apr 25 2008

I bought my '05 Crew Cab Z71 LS Oct. '07 w/21,000 miles on it. I have loved this little truck since the first day I sat down in it. I continue to get 19-22 MPG and never have a problem pulling our popup camper with it. I have only owned 3 trucks in my 35yrs (I drive them until the wheels fall off) all of them Chevrolets and so far this one has been my favorite one. I would recommend this truck to anyone. It has ample room for 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 kids. Putting 6 folks in it, however gets a little crammed but can be ok on short trips. It's a sharp truck and I have had many compliments on it. I see others complaining about the "interior" elements, but for me its perfect. A little cleaning and armourall keeps it looking great!

Nice Truck....

by MeanJoe from Oregon on Mon May 09 2011

I have a 2005 Colorado Crew Cab, 2-wheel drive, 2.8L, Automatic. Great truck. I bought it used with 22,000 miles. It gets 20-22 mpg and will pull our tent trailer or three quads on a flat trailer quite easily. Buy one, you wont regret it!!

best small truck i have owned !!!

by luggnutt from noblesville indiana on Sun Aug 31 2008

the colorado, is a allaround, good truck, for the get around town hauling small stuff, only thing i need is rear suspension,a little stiffer don,t know if air shock will help, i pull a small trailer and it drags at the end of my driveway. need a little more seat comfort on long trips, the 5cyl gets decent mileage around 30 if you keep foot out of it and use cruise control, real peppy. i love it. kenny d.

Dependable Truck - Decent MPG

by Vegas Mike from Atlanta, GA on Fri Mar 07 2008

I've owned this truck for 3 years to date, and being my first truck I've ever owned I can't complain much about it. The other reviews I've read stated that this vehicle gets below 20 MPG. Not true for me. I've averaged 18-19 in the city and 26 on the highway. The highest MPG on the highway I ever recorded was 29, and I mean NO stops on the way. It does have a "hum" to it, but its by no means annoying or irritating. I own a Z71 Crew Cab and the rear seating is cozy, but not extremely roomy like the Silverados. I LOVE the exterior styling of this vehicle. Real Sharp. The only thing I wasn't real crazy about were the interior features and design. GMC / Chevy do need to improve in this area to compete with Toyota and Nissan. Overall its a good bargain.

Owned for 12 years and counting...

by Guitarron on Thu Jul 27 2017

Excellent medium duty truck. Tows whatever I need it to. Even with it being a 2wd, with traction control, I never got stuck in any Nebraska snows! Great gas mileage for a truck from that year. Granted I'm 5'7", but I found it to be plenty roomy for a smaller truck.

I love this truck! It has survived three daughters

by chevygirlfan from Boone NC on Sat Jul 29 2017

This is a dependable and functional truck for women who don't like to relay on others for hauling items and for 4 wheel drive needed weather. The clearance is enough to get through deep snow and yet not high enough to require a ladder. The comfort of this vehicle is great. Three daughters have learned how to drive and two have had accidents in it. It kept them safe from Deer crossings that weren't expected.. This vehicle also has been used as a prom vehicle. Who could ask for more!

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2005 Chevrolet Colorado

You need a truck in this city. You need something with a tough suspension, a hard body and a nasty attitude.

It doesn't have to be a big truck. Parking is an expensive hassle here. A compact, short-bed pickup works best in this milieu.

Nor does the truck need eight or six cylinders. Five or four will do just fine, especially considering today's gasoline prices.

But the truck must have the ability to intimidate. I know this sounds awful. But it's just the facts, folks. The only things meaner than this city's rutted, potholed and obstacle-ridden streets are its drivers. Some of them are crazy. Others are just downright rude. Most have received their driver's licenses from The School for Bullies.

And so... Read More