2005 Colorado

4.4 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
3.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.2 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Would buy another one if given the choice

by Can't beat it used from on January 16, 2010

I have had this truck for about a year and half and have loved it. I went from a full size Chevy truck to this and have never regretted it. I also looked at the Tacoma, Frontier and Dakota. In the end it came down to the cost of the truck and the value for it. The others could not even come close. I routinely use this for commuting, camping, road trips and managing some rentals I own. For me this truck is perfect. It is relatively inexpensive, fits in the garage easy, has a big enough bed to fit stuff and is thousands cheaper than the Japanese competition. It also gets great gas mileage (Consistently 18-19 city and low 22-23 on the highway). If this was ever wrecked and I had to buy another truck I would look for the same one. The comments about the interior are very valid and I think GM should do a better job on making the interior more appealing. Having said this, in the end this would increase the cost of the truck and, as mentioned, the cost was one of the main reasons I was attracted to this truck. A final note I think this truck fulfills its purpose as an economical vehicle that offers exceptional value, especially used.

Great Truck

by NCSUWolfpack from Greensboro, NC on September 27, 2007

I bought an 05 Colorado Crew Cab Z71 model a little while back and I'm loving it. Very confortable, versitile, and peppy truck. My wife wants to drive it all the time now because its a far superior vehicle to her Honda Element. I love all the room that the crew cab has and the excellent throttle response of the I5. When searching for a truck, we also test drove a Tacoma, and a Nissan and were pleasantly surprised that the Chevrolet out performed both of them in ride comfort, excelleration, and styling. Very nice truck.

fair for the price

by greyghost from north carolina on February 1, 2012

a good looking truck with plenty of power for a 4 cylinder. Heavy suspension makes for a hard ride and it has some wind noise from the passenger side. overall for the money - a workhorse of a truck.

Engineers Outdid Themselves On This One !!

by Trapper from Winchester,IN on July 24, 2012

I purchased this truck used in 2010 and my ONLY complaint is the legroom in the crew seat is a bit lacking in comfort for adults. Three kids ride comfortably even for long distances. Mileage is great on the 5 cyl at around 20 mpg. Pulls a trailer with ease. Very easy to handle. 4WD is very dependable,as is the entire truck for that matter. Filters are readily accessible and easy to change. VERY peppy truck. I have owned more trucks than I care to remember over the years and this one tops them all !! Buy one !! You won't be disappointed !!

Nice Truck....

by MeanJoe from Oregon on May 9, 2011

I have a 2005 Colorado Crew Cab, 2-wheel drive, 2.8L, Automatic. Great truck. I bought it used with 22,000 miles. It gets 20-22 mpg and will pull our tent trailer or three quads on a flat trailer quite easily. Buy one, you wont regret it!!

Best one yet!

by andyshowfan from Sevierville, TN on April 25, 2008

I bought my '05 Crew Cab Z71 LS Oct. '07 w/21,000 miles on it. I have loved this little truck since the first day I sat down in it. I continue to get 19-22 MPG and never have a problem pulling our popup camper with it. I have only owned 3 trucks in my 35yrs (I drive them until the wheels fall off) all of them Chevrolets and so far this one has been my favorite one. I would recommend this truck to anyone. It has ample room for 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 kids. Putting 6 folks in it, however gets a little crammed but can be ok on short trips. It's a sharp truck and I have had many compliments on it. I see others complaining about the "interior" elements, but for me its perfect. A little cleaning and armourall keeps it looking great!

my little truck

by Lars from Grand Forks, ND on February 24, 2013

Best little truck-Front wheel drive, 4 clylinder. I drive it everywhere. Travels great through snow.Its a go getter.

best small truck i have owned !!!

by luggnutt from noblesville indiana on August 31, 2008

the colorado, is a allaround, good truck, for the get around town hauling small stuff, only thing i need is rear suspension,a little stiffer don,t know if air shock will help, i pull a small trailer and it drags at the end of my driveway. need a little more seat comfort on long trips, the 5cyl gets decent mileage around 30 if you keep foot out of it and use cruise control, real peppy. i love it. kenny d.

One Great truck

by Kurt from Troy mo on October 29, 2017

The Colorado is a great truck for someone who wants to "go the Extra mile". I have 340,000+ miles on a 2005 model.

Best/Worst Truck ever

by fordman from New Hampshire on January 6, 2014

I have a 2005 Colorado 5 cyl Auto. I like the utility of the vehicle however the ABS when the unit is in snow and four wheel drive is unsafe. In an emergency stop situation the vehicle will not stop. It is like the system is pushing back. Normal stopping is ok if you lightly feather the brakes that does not work in an emergency. I have spoken to other owners in winter and the problem is rather common. Still looking for a solution short of disconnecting the ABS in winter. Or selling the truck in warm weather. I have been driving in New England for 50 years + and this thing actually scares me a bit.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4