2008 Corvette

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

2008 Chevrolet Corvette

Have You Driven the 2008 Chevrolet Corvette?

Truly Exceptional Sports Car

by GM convert from Kansas City, MO on Sun Dec 12 2010

I grew up in a Ford family and idolized Mustangs. When my brother bought a C5 corvette I thought he was crazy. I borrowed the car for a weekend trip, went home and bought a C6 convertible 3LT. I love this car so much. It is a true sports car. I have had it for 2 years now and after 38,000 miles i have not had one single issue. How many $60,000 cars will do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds, get 27 mpg and haul $200 worth of groceries?I am just now ready to trash the runflats and mount some Hankooks.

Six years of ownership, long term update

by Steve87655 from San Francisco on Mon Sep 15 2014

I bought this car new off the lot in 2008 and I've been pleased with its power, appearance, comfort, and practicality. It's very easy to drive, quiet, well-mannered around town, but takes off like a rocket when you punch the accelerator. It's pretty exciting to drive a new Corvette off the dealer lot, I wish that everyone could have this experience. Now on to the annoying things: this car hasn't been as reliable as I had hoped. The "torque tube" needs to be replaced, for a cost of $2,000, this is an item that should last for the life of the car. I'm astonished that my low-mileage (27,000 miles) Corvette needs to have this part replaced, and it's no longer under the powertrain warranty so I'm stuck with the bill. The front tires don't last very long, so every 14,000 miles there's another $800 expense. Same thing with the brakes. I understand tires and brakes are wear items but still. The headlights went out and the computer needed to be replaced. The console lid latch keeps breaking, I'm on my fourth one. The glove box lid broke. The door lock solenoid broke. The differential fluid needed to be changed (warranty). The roof panel kept squeaking, but a dab of lithium grease on the contact points cured that. One of the door panels was misaligned and kept catching, but it was fixed under warranty. This is a beautiful car and I'm glad that I bought it, but you should set aside some funds for repairs.

Best Performance Car For The Money

by scryqwk from Highland, CA on Tue Oct 11 2011

You would need to spend several, if not tens, of thousands of dollars more for a comparable car of German or Italian manufacture, for what you will get with the Corvette. Simply put, this car is a beast. I drove the Porsche Cayman and it pales in comparison to the Corvette. The Corvette is much quicker off the line, even with the auto trans. I bought the coupe version. This car is so sexy. It gets looks and approving nods everywhere I go. This year is lacking in an MP3 input, which is a bummer, but certainly not a deal-breaker. I will drive this one for about two more years and then buy the most current version of the Corvette at that time. Considering what you get in terms of styling and performance for between $50k to $55k brand new, or a little older version like mine for $35k, you just can't find a better value. Drive one and you will be sold!

Great economy car

by BCO from Anaheim, CA on Mon May 14 2012

430 horsepower and 28 mpg on highway trips? That's what this car does. The car will kill you on gas around town if you do not baby it, but the fun factor makes up for it. The only reliability problem is over three years is the "fob" (substitutes for a key), which can be a pain. In 2002 I bought a Mercedes SL500 new, and the Vette is a much more enjoyable car, plus you can get two Vettes for the price of the Mercedes. I highly recommend the car.

best sports car on he planet,,money is aobject

by mikee from Dallas Texas on Fri Mar 29 2013

At 70-75 I get a constant 27-28 mpg, and on the freeway it runs fine on regular, no pings. Handles great, ample horse power, topped it out once at 174 mph, Installed Dyna Mat and it's real quiet, I do wish the Navigation weren't DVD driven, I have 132,000 miles on it, replaced the shocks, tires, brake pads and a serpentine belt, spark plugs and battery, that's it, not even a blown light bulb, nothing else save for oil and filter changes, nothing. This car has never failed me and I've driven through the desert in summer several times, runs cool and the A/C gets cold enough to hang meat if you want to. Only non stock items, changed out the stock gear shift knob and cat back exhaust. I have lots of friends who drive much more expensive cars, none have had as trouble free ownership as I have. Car is now paid off and it still runs/looks great what more can you ask for?

The most powerful vehicle that I've owned

by HAFBAD from Bastrop, Texas on Wed Aug 31 2011

This Corvette is the ultimate in American made sport car. It is fast, get better than average milage, insurance is reasonable, and reliability is better than average and at Chevrolet rates. Now, that Motoring....

2008 Vette...

by justinm from Lockport, IL on Wed Nov 02 2011

One of the best cars Ive ever owned. Im normally am import guy but my 08 vette was my first american sports car. To get something comparable in the import sports car lineup usually costs double or even more! love my vette! The sexy body style makes the car but the updated interior features sure help too!

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by 9 x Time vette Guy from Dallas on Tue Mar 06 2012

I now have 32k miles on my 2009 Z06. I had a tail light burn out a few months ago but other than that nothing has gone wrong with the car in just over three years. I'm not crazy about the navigation system, GM needs to do away with the DVD based system, still works just hit a lot of roads that aren't on the DVD (new mostly). I did change out the shifter for a short throw but really couldn't feel much difference and I removed the fuse to the exhaust so it stays open all the time now. This car will approach 30mpg in cruise and will flat out outrun its own shadow, you'd think it was a eco v6 till your left foot goes down and it'll take any road and/or curve you throw at it. You could pay twice as much for another car and still not beat the Z06.

Best Corvette ever

by sinestr from Phoenix, Az on Thu Dec 23 2010

The 2008 corvette had an increase of 36 horse power with the dual mode exhaust and 30 without. The car is exceptional in every way and still gets 22 mpg around town. Style,comfort and gas saving, what more can you expect?

Update after 2 years

by Die Haed GM Guy from Oshkosh, WI on Tue Sep 07 2010

Just an addition to a previous post. After driving the car for 3 years, I still really like it. Changes I would make if buying again I would to get the magnetic ride control and the possibly the exhaust cut-out options, I think the driving experience would be even more fun. I would not get the Bose sound system as I cannot tell the difference between it and the radio in my Ford Explorer. The satellite radio I could easily do without. The heads-up display is nice, but not necessary. My previous car was a C-4 which I think was just as much fun, but not as cool or powerful. The 08 power is Awesome. Enough!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2008 Chevrolet Corvette

In standard guise, the Chevrolet Corvette packs a serious wallop, but there's always a small core of buyers who want more.

The 2009 ZR1 will have 638 horsepower, carbon-ceramic brakes, carbon-fiber body panels and a 205-mph top track speed. Only 2,000 will be made the first year. Its sticker price is $103,300, but the actual selling price will soar well above that.

Another option for die-hard enthusiasts is the Callaway Corvette, a special-order car that is available in small numbers through a handful of dealers nationwide. The Callaway has a low-profile Eaton/Magnuson supercharger perched atop its 6.2-liter V-8, and it pumps out 580 horsepower. That figure is less than the ZR1, but with horsepower approaching... Read More