2017 Chevrolet Corvette

All Reviews

by from Stafford on March 21, 2017

What a fun car to drive and it is a head turner! I recommend the manual transmission. It is less expensive than the automatic and in keeping with a sports car. I compared the Stingray Corvette with other sports car options and anything comparable would have cost twice as much as the Corvette. It was also rated very highly in performance by professional race car drivers.

by from on December 31, 2016

More power than you can handle. Previous Porsche 911, M4 owner - z06 by far the most powerful and fun to drive.

by from Port Charlotte, florida on April 14, 2017

My 2017 Corvette stingray is one of the finest automobiles I've ever owned. I would say the handling and comfort are at the top of the list. Chevrolet hit a home run on this new Corvette when it comes to style. A really sharp car! Its an A+ for me.

by from PHOENIXVILLE, PA on March 28, 2017

2016 Corvette Power, Luxury and Performance all in one. You have to drive it to believe it! The Z06 is the grand daddy of all corvettes and so far with 16k miles on road trips just a few small adjustments that any new car has. Its my 12th one so i know, best one Yet a true drivers car.!

by from Kansas City, MO on May 3, 2017

The 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 is an awesome world class sports car. It has mind blowing performance, great looks, quality, dependability, reliability, safety & is the only reasonably priced sports car on the market. It is about half the price of a Porshe & is a good 300 grand less than a Ferrari. The Corvette has tremendous acceleration, top end speed & handling & braking abilities. The interior is comfortable, great looking & everything is functional & is where it should be. It also has a fantastic sound system. I love everything about it. It is the only true sports car made in the USA.

by from Austin, TX on June 9, 2017

I have owned my 2017 Corvette Grand Sport convertible since September 2016 and now have 9,260 miles on it. The first 2,000 miles I followed all the recommended break-in procedures (it takes a lot of willpower to keep that machine below 4,000 RPM for 2,000 miles!); since then I have driven it on every winding road I could find between Texas and Florida - by way of northern Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia - and then from Texas to Colorado and back. I think I have a pretty good understanding of the car, and I can tell you that nothing I have ever driven even comes close. And I have owned and driven some fairly high-performance autos in the last 50 years. The Grand Sport comes with the "low" powered engine, with "only" 465 horsepower and a similar amount of torque. Of course, it is no match in raw power for a Z06 or some other pricey iron (Nismo!), but on a winding track (or road if you're into playing stupid, life-endangering games) there is very little that can stay with it short of a supercar of twice or three times the price. The suspension is pretty magic under those circumstances, and the overall impression is one of well-contained explosive power combined with a very calm dynamic over the road. "Bump-steering" is only a bad memory, and turn-in and tracking are just unbelievable - especially if you've driven some of the older 'Vettes or the new Z06 under track conditions. Even on wet roads the handling is precise and predictable, although the 10- and 12-inch-wide tires front and back will hydroplane at relatively low speeds through standing water. And I had to wait for summer to take the trip to Colorado, since no one manufactures snow tires or winter tires for that size wheel. Probably best to stay out of the snow and ice anyway. By the way, reviewer LB is wrong about the garage opener and heated seats; mine has both, plus ventilated seats to keep your derriere cool in summer. Maybe that's not available on the Stingray, I don't know. The downside? The convertible has only about 14 square feet of luggage space (the automatic folding top folds into the trunk and uses maybe half of what would otherwise be available - but then again it is automatic, and you can furl and unfurl it at speeds up to 30mph). The seats, while reasonably comfortable in the new configuration, are still not world-class in terms of both comfort and lateral support - but they are like night and day compared to the old (bad) Corvette seats; and if you really want support then Recaro seats are available as a pricey option. And of course if you need a second row of seats you'll have to get the "disguised family Corvette" by which I mean the Camaro of course, although you'd probably be better off having a stolid family car and adding this one for sport and fun. And as I mentioned, this is not a car well-suited to winter driving on ice or snow. Oh, and be prepared to spend some time getting used to ingress and egress techniques unless you've driven exotic iron before - it's low and crowded getting in and out. And the car would really benefit from full-time rear-view cameras. Other than those little grouses, I've found very little not to like about this machine. Well, unless you are bothered by people asking you questions and telling you what a beautiful car you are driving at stoplights quite often. I can live with that... I would recommend this car to anyone who wants world-class driving performance at a bargain price, and can live with two seats only. By the way, reliability has been flawless so far, but the extended warranty is so inexpensive it's silly not to add an extra year or three to the three-year chassis warranty. Unless of course you're planning to sample the new mid-engine Corvette when it hits the streets in 2019 or 2020. Respectfully, Delta Foxtrot

by from canton on February 1, 2017

The car is even more attractive in person. Unlike may cars it looks good from every angle. Trust me you will be the envy of all other drivers. I see people driving all sorts of cars of all ages and genders staring and this fine machine. Strangers stop me and ask questions about it all the time. Track mode is the fast mode you can be in. It will guzzle gas in this mode so only turn it on when you need premium performance. You can put it sport and still kick butt.

by from Wisconsin on April 11, 2017

We've owned two Corvettes previous to buying this one, and this one is by far the best one! The power is incredible. Anyone looking for an exquisite sports car should definitely try out the 2017 Corvette! Love, love, love it!

by from on May 15, 2017

THIS IS MY SEVETH CORVETTE STARTING BACK IN 1973. THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST ONE EVER. WAS GLAD TO SEE THE NAVIGATION HAS BEEN UPGRADED. MUCH BETTER THEN MY 2012.

by from Boise Idaho on May 16, 2017

My son's description seemed the most accurate - He calls it "Controlled Chaos" - I had never really considered a Corvette in the past as I always felt the quality of the build was not on par with foreign Sports Cars, and I have owned several from Sunbeam Tiger - AC Cobra - Dino Ferrari - Fiat Dino - Toyota Supra Twin Turbo - Mercedes etc. With that said I was looking for something newer "Better/Faster and had considered a used Ferrari as a possibility. Considering the $200k+price range of any Ferrari I might want I decided to give Corvette a try and was I ever surprised! I took my Supra to the Dealership and asked to drive a new Z06. Reluctantly they allowed me to try one out and I was immediately captured. The build quality is excellent and the performance absolutely Stellar! I only considered the 8 speed automatic having previously driven a 2015 Z06 7 speed stick and realized while rowing was indeed fun, the performance and ease of going 50 -100+ and back to 50 for a quick rush was so much more easily accomplished with no more fuss than mashing the G pedal and then the brake to get back to sanity in time before traffic became an obstacle! I have owned the car I initially drove at the Dealer for 10 days and have already put 1400 miles on it locally - I can't seem to stay out of it - It is the most enjoyable car I have ever owned and I could not be more enthralled or pleased. Every person I have given a ride says it is the fastest car they have ever ridden in and like one of my car friends said "and the best thing about it is it is a Chevy! Kudo's to Chevrolet for building a Super Car that competes with anything out there at less than 1/2 the price!