2008 Impala

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

BEST EQUIPPED CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

by BARGAIN HUNTER from ca on September 12, 2011

Because of circumstances beyond my control I ended up haveing to but another car. I found this 2008 Impala on the web at one of my local dealers. I called to see if they still had it and was told yes and to come by for a test drive, One look and I was hooked. It is a 2008 LT with about all the bells and whistles. It seats 4 very comfortable and gets great gas mileage. One little draw back I have with it is it does seem a bit underpowered. The 3.5L V-6 seems to struggle a little, but I think I have come to terms even with that small item. I just dont get as big a hurry. Overall it gets 9.5 out of 10 where 10 is excellant.

Bravo Zulu

by Black Bolt from on January 23, 2012

i bought a 2008 impala Awesome car... last impala had 226,000 TWO HUNDRED TWENTY-SIX THOUSAND MILES ... CHEVEROLET ARE THE BEST!!!!!

A Totally Sweet Car!

by ilovetheimpala from Buffalo, MO on June 17, 2009

I just bought an '08 Impala LS the other day and it is absolutely incredible! My previous car was an '03 Impala LS and it served me well, so when I wanted a newer car, I again chose the Impala. The car looks like it was ran through the wind tunnel a million times for maximum aerodynamic efficiency (that's a good thing!). It feels sleek and aerodynamic when I drive it. The 3.5L V6 engine is powerful, yet quiet and the car has very good suspension, providing for an extremely smooth drive. I really like the interior quality. The trim on the inside is just gorgeous and I love the Impala logo, on the passenger's side, above the glove box. I am particularly impressed that, even though it's a basic LS model, it has automatic headlights! I also like the greenish lighting on the dashboard at night. The cloth seats are very comfortable and I also like the tall headrests in the front and back seats. The car feels like it is very high quality and that it will serve me well for a long time. I would prefer a 6-speed automatic transmission, compared to the 4-speed, but it still drives extremely well. And then the fuel economy! I'd say I've been averaging in the 30 mpg+ range, well above EPA estimates. It performs extremely well! I love the car, my family loves the car and so do my friends! I will recommend the Impala to everyone I know! GM has built a great car and they shouldn't downsize it at all. It's great the way it is! They definitely need to keep it in production!

Excellent Value

by Biff from WI on January 23, 2011

My wife has put 91,000 miles on her 2008 LS without any issues. She rates it as her favorite car of all-time. While its her car, I have driven it on long trips in snow and rain. It handles great in all conditions and averages 30 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH. The V6 engine accelerates smoothly and quietly.

ok---but

by dave from mesquite nv on July 27, 2011

small annoying rattle in front seat armrest(between seats) that can't find. also tires wear too fast and are noisy. maybe it's just goodyear. 35,000 miles and second pair are almost done. one last thing....the cloth seat cover picks up on almost every color of clothing you wear. blue jeans are the worst. seats were gray and now are blue gray.

Excellent automobile

by Jersey Mike from NC on November 30, 2010

I received this car as a graduation present from high school, and I absolutely love it. Not the flashiest thing out there, but it is classy and you truly own the road when driving. I go to college down south and drive home to NJ for breaks.. could not have asked for a better highway car!! Excellent pick up and oh-so smooth. Also so spacious all around!!! I look forward to keeping this car for a very long time. Oh.. did I mention it's great on gas!?!?

Roomy refined comfortable intuitive hi-mpg

by <http://grdamoth.tripod.com> from Kodak, TN on July 27, 2007

The 2008 Impala with the FlexFuel 3.5 V6 is getting 23.5 mpg in city driving with 87 octane fuel. Have not taken a hwy trip to know what it will do. Wish there were more E85 stations so I could compare E85 to gasoline. This sedan holds six in quiet solitude, glides through traffic, and is fun to drive. Sound system is MP3, CD, XM satellite, FM, and AM in one easy-to-use intuitive center console module with up to thirty-six mix and match presets. The speedometer shows speed in either km/h (metric) or mph (english) on the same gauge chosen electronically. I can read each tire's actual pressure from the dash display in psi by left front, right front, left rear, or right rear. On-Star is standard. XM satellite is standard. The Chocolate and Cream interior with Gold carpeting gets comments from everyone who sees it. The trunk is cavernous. The interior is both quiet and spacious. The ride is smooth and comfortable. Handling is sure and predictable. This sedan has all the right stuff, nicely executed with tight fit and finish. Again, the handling is excellent and the ride of this Chevrolet is as good as any Cadillac (I owned one for 13 years). Easy to park, quick to accelerate, yet so quiet that you have to check the tachometer to know if it is running or not when parked. Cruise control is newly refined, and intuitve and easier than ever to use. Nothing bad to say about this six-passenger sedan.

Great driving car

by Miguel Thierry from NC on February 9, 2011

Got this car as a HS graduation present, currently using it to at college 450 miles away from home, it is an absolute dream. Cruises so nicely on the highway, gets to 60 with ease, extremely spacious, and is decent on gas! Interior can seem a tad boring; exterior isn't much but it is classy nonetheless! I look forward to keeping this car for awhile now.

Boring but does everything well!

by apet520 from PA on August 5, 2016

I'm only 22 so the Impala seems like a boring choice. I will say I have had more entertaining vehicles but the Impala does everything well. I never considered an Impala but it was the best vehicle I could get financed for at the time. I am very happy with my Impala, it's very comfortable and averages 28 MPG. I drive it very hard and don't give it the best care. The 3.5 and 4 speed are not fast but they have been rock solid. I am approaching 90000 miles and not a single squeak or rattle has appeared. It has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Even with me driving hard it uses NO oil. I would trust this car to take my anywhere! I am hoping to get another two years out of it then I plan on getting a Brand New Impala.

Very good car

by Poct from naptown on May 21, 2011

I have had this car for about a year now. Started with about 12k miles every this about this car is great, nothing back to say about it. I have the ss

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11