2008 Chevrolet Impala

Overlooked American Car Quality

by from Allendale, MI on May 13, 2011

I Leased this 2008 Impala LT new in November of 2007 (my first new car from the showroom floor) I now have 51000 and have since purchased the car and I still Love it! Regular oil changes are the only thing I've had to do to it. The car at 51000 miles is still "tight" and rattle free. I've taken long road trips and achieved up to 33 miles to the gallon and that was even through some mountain ranges and I average about 26 in my general driving. I've used both Ethanol and Gas and besides the loss of fuel milage with ethanol it runs perfect on both. I have always been a "buy American" person but the quality of this car has me convinced that there has never been a better time to buy GM car! The Quality is perfect. For a negative, the only one thing I had an issue with was the Goodyear Integrity tires that came on the car were wore to fast on the sides even with proper tire rotation. I put new Michelin tires on at about 40000 and the car is riding great. I work with 4 people and know several others that bought Impala's in 2008 & 2009 and they all still have them and have had the same experience that I have. I'm shopping to add a GM crossover for our family and replacing the Dodge Mini-van. Cars.com has good reviews on them as well! Thanks GM for stepping up your "Fit & Finnish" and producing great quality cars!

BEST EQUIPPED CAR I'VE EVER OWNED

by from ca on September 12, 2011

Because of circumstances beyond my control I ended up haveing to but another car. I found this 2008 Impala on the web at one of my local dealers. I called to see if they still had it and was told yes and to come by for a test drive, One look and I was hooked. It is a 2008 LT with about all the bells and whistles. It seats 4 very comfortable and gets great gas mileage. One little draw back I have with it is it does seem a bit underpowered. The 3.5L V-6 seems to struggle a little, but I think I have come to terms even with that small item. I just dont get as big a hurry. Overall it gets 9.5 out of 10 where 10 is excellant.

LUCKY WE WEREN'T IN TRAFFIC

by from SHAMROCK, TEXAS on March 4, 2011

WE HAD THE IMPALA ABOUT A YEAR WHEN THE COMPUTER WENT OUT. WHEN THIS HAPPENS, I HOPE YOUR NOT IN HEAVY TRAFFIC OR YOU CAN PROBABLY KISS YOUR LIFE GOOD-BYE. NO POWER STEERING, NO NOTHING. TRADED IT OFF WITH 5500 MILES.

I Love This Car!

by from Erie, PA on November 12, 2010

This is by far the nicest car I've owned yet! It drives beautifully, is good on gas, and looks great! I feel proud every morning when I unlock it to go to work.Thank God for this blessing!

Bravo Zulu

by from on January 23, 2012

i bought a 2008 impala Awesome car... last impala had 226,000 TWO HUNDRED TWENTY-SIX THOUSAND MILES ... CHEVEROLET ARE THE BEST!!!!!

Very impressed with the car

by from Northern Florida on August 27, 2008

I previously drove a Buick LeSabre with heavy duty suspension, leather etc. Bought the 2008 LTZ with just under 8,000 miles after quite a bit of research and some test driving. We recently took a 2500 mile trip and the car is everything I thought it could be and more. It is my wifes car as I drive a Nissan Z car (so I am used to a car that is responsive and hadles well). I was impessed with how well the LTZ handles and the firm but comfortable ride. It can get excellent milage, if you keep your foot out of it, and responds well if you decide to push it. It was hard to keep within the speed limit on the trip because the LTZ wanted to cruise at over 80 on the Interstates. At those speeds we still got 23-25 mpg and if you keep it between 65 and 70 mph you should be able to get near 30 mpg on the highway. We have had many good comments regarding the car and the amount of storage it has with or without the rear seat folded down. I would highly reccommend the car. The only negative the wife and I have noticed is the blind spots that result in the need to be extra careful when changing lanes in traffic.

great car all round

by from wabash indiana on February 13, 2012

we love the car and would buy another when time to.my family and friends love it as well as i do. co-workers as well

Great car but could be better

by from Baton Rouge, La on November 29, 2010

The Chevrolet Impala is a great vehicle but there are obvious concerns excessive wind nosie at high speeds it's much smaller on the inside than my 2005 Impala and the TPS is always acting up. other than those issues this is one of the best cars on the road it has great gas mileage in city and highway. Its dependable, Reliable, and Stylish

Great car !!!!!

by from Laurel, MS on January 22, 2014

This is a great bang for your buck. It rides good, gets great gas mileage for this size vehicle and has wonderful get-up-and go. It is very comfortable and roomy. When you take a trip it does not make you tired.

great overall

by from Detroit, MI on August 23, 2011

I was looking for a 2003 Grand Price GTP and everyone I came across had a lot of miles. I finally decided to try another Impala SS since I own a 2004 supercharged. I found one a week later on cars.com from a trusted Chevrolet dealership. It was a 2008 SS with 7,500 miles. Still under factory warranty and very clean. Now I own 2 and couldn't be happier!