2008 Impala

2008 Chevrolet Impala

2008 Chevrolet Impala

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Chevrolet Impala?

A Totally Sweet Car!

by ilovetheimpala from Buffalo, MO on Wed Jun 17 2009

I just bought an '08 Impala LS the other day and it is absolutely incredible! My previous car was an '03 Impala LS and it served me well, so when I wanted a newer car, I again chose the Impala. The car looks like it was ran through the wind tunnel a million times for maximum aerodynamic efficiency (that's a good thing!). It feels sleek and aerodynamic when I drive it. The 3.5L V6 engine is powerful, yet quiet and the car has very good suspension, providing for an extremely smooth drive. I really like the interior quality. The trim on the inside is just gorgeous and I love the Impala logo, on the passenger's side, above the glove box. I am particularly impressed that, even though it's a basic LS model, it has automatic headlights! I also like the greenish lighting on the dashboard at night. The cloth seats are very comfortable and I also like the tall headrests in the front and back seats. The car feels like it is very high quality and that it will serve me well for a long time. I would prefer a 6-speed automatic transmission, compared to the 4-speed, but it still drives extremely well. And then the fuel economy! I'd say I've been averaging in the 30 mpg+ range, well above EPA estimates. It performs extremely well! I love the car, my family loves the car and so do my friends! I will recommend the Impala to everyone I know! GM has built a great car and they shouldn't downsize it at all. It's great the way it is! They definitely need to keep it in production!

Excellent Value

by Biff from WI on Sun Jan 23 2011

My wife has put 91,000 miles on her 2008 LS without any issues. She rates it as her favorite car of all-time. While its her car, I have driven it on long trips in snow and rain. It handles great in all conditions and averages 30 MPG on the highway at 75 MPH. The V6 engine accelerates smoothly and quietly.

Excellent automobile

by Jersey Mike from NC on Tue Nov 30 2010

I received this car as a graduation present from high school, and I absolutely love it. Not the flashiest thing out there, but it is classy and you truly own the road when driving. I go to college down south and drive home to NJ for breaks.. could not have asked for a better highway car!! Excellent pick up and oh-so smooth. Also so spacious all around!!! I look forward to keeping this car for a very long time. Oh.. did I mention it's great on gas!?!?

General Motors Best Value Automobile!

by VetteDriver from Kansas City on Mon Jan 21 2013

The Impala is a large, well equipped, comfortable sedan. For dependable everday transportation, you can't beat it. The LTZ has all the features one needs except for memory seats for multipule drivers, but take 20 seconds and readjust everything. With plenty of power (V-6) the Impala will accelerate quickly to highway speed, but slow down entering sharp curves to avoid the big sedan lean. Snow won't slow it down since it has the extra weight on the front drive wheels to keep moving. The interior is extra quiet and large, and the rear seat is roomy. Perhaps the thing I will miss most about the Impala is the huge trunk. Fold the seats down, and haul anything a small truck will, and I have. I have even put a full size glass storm door in there and closed the lid. Don't tell my wife, but I even hauled a push lawn mower in there with the handle sticking out the back with the lid up. If you think about everything that goes into the construction of an Implala, the features it provides, the safety, and the utility of it............without the huge markup you will pay for a big brand name auto with more features you don't need, you will be one smart puppy with the savings in the bank.

Roomy refined comfortable intuitive hi-mpg

by <http://grdamoth.tripod.com> from Kodak, TN on Fri Jul 27 2007

The 2008 Impala with the FlexFuel 3.5 V6 is getting 23.5 mpg in city driving with 87 octane fuel. Have not taken a hwy trip to know what it will do. Wish there were more E85 stations so I could compare E85 to gasoline. This sedan holds six in quiet solitude, glides through traffic, and is fun to drive. Sound system is MP3, CD, XM satellite, FM, and AM in one easy-to-use intuitive center console module with up to thirty-six mix and match presets. The speedometer shows speed in either km/h (metric) or mph (english) on the same gauge chosen electronically. I can read each tire's actual pressure from the dash display in psi by left front, right front, left rear, or right rear. On-Star is standard. XM satellite is standard. The Chocolate and Cream interior with Gold carpeting gets comments from everyone who sees it. The trunk is cavernous. The interior is both quiet and spacious. The ride is smooth and comfortable. Handling is sure and predictable. This sedan has all the right stuff, nicely executed with tight fit and finish. Again, the handling is excellent and the ride of this Chevrolet is as good as any Cadillac (I owned one for 13 years). Easy to park, quick to accelerate, yet so quiet that you have to check the tachometer to know if it is running or not when parked. Cruise control is newly refined, and intuitve and easier than ever to use. Nothing bad to say about this six-passenger sedan.

Great driving car

by Miguel Thierry from NC on Wed Feb 09 2011

Got this car as a HS graduation present, currently using it to at college 450 miles away from home, it is an absolute dream. Cruises so nicely on the highway, gets to 60 with ease, extremely spacious, and is decent on gas! Interior can seem a tad boring; exterior isn't much but it is classy nonetheless! I look forward to keeping this car for awhile now.

The fastest and most luxorious vehicle I own

by C.S2008 from Corpus Christi, Texas on Thu Feb 21 2019

So I got my 08 impala 2LT with an ltz upgrade package as a handme down from my grandfather. He orginallay paid around $42k to $50k for it (I don't know the exact pricing and can't find a reciept or anything of such) but with this car nearing 100,000 miles it still drives like its new. It has an outstanding acceleration and a max speed (w/limiter) of 113mph. the interior looks most luxorious and personally the leather seating was the best choice for this car, even with the ten years of wear and tear the leather has yet to tear or become noticably worn down. If you take car of this car like its a 65 classic car, she will last forever. Only problem ive run across is the a/c acuator (of the 3 in the car) began to rattle and I had to replace it. which I recommend taking it to a dealership or auto shop because an Impala is extremely complex car thats best left to the professional it was a pain to DIY it. Overall great car and I recommend it to any and everybody who wants a luxury, sporty, cheap, and reliable car

Great Hwy car

by Cross state driver from New Jersey on Sat Jan 29 2011

Traded in my 2001 Chevy Impala with 337,000 miles for a used 2008 LT . I commute 120 miles a day from country roads , Hwys to urban areas in all kinds of weather.I love the comfort, room, ride quality , saftey and good gas milage . Looking forward to some long trips with ths car. Import drivers comment on the nice interor . Been driving in the latest snow storms here in the northest and feel very confident with the cars handling. Had good luck with my last car , did have to bring it to the shop some time but had no major problems .

Great Service

by Jones from El Paso,TX on Sat Apr 04 2015

Employees made sure I got the vehicle that I wanted. didnt take long. Also provided friendly service

Very good car

by Poct from naptown on Sat May 21 2011

I have had this car for about a year now. Started with about 12k miles every this about this car is great, nothing back to say about it. I have the ss

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13