2014 Impala

2014 Chevrolet Impala

2014 Chevrolet Impala

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Chevrolet Impala?

So far so good!

by TJ New Impala from Eastern PA on Tue Oct 22 2013

Newly purchased Impala 2LT LTZ, Blue Ray Metalic and Jet black/Mojave interior. Had driven these as a rental a few times and liked it enough to buy it. So far the car has been great. Had some initial issues with wheels/tires that were causing vibrations in the car but the dealer swapped out all 4 wheels and tires and now it is smooth as silk. Rides great. Looks great. Electronics work as advertised. Now we see if the build quality will hold up over time. Do your homework on any new car purchase and make sure the dealer doesn't try to hide the cost of optional warranties, car surface wax, etc. in the monthly payment. Dealers use third parties for these things and mark them up substantially so you may want to decline all of them and if you want these options, get them yourself. Just be careful to examine the terms carefully. Wouldn't it be great if a dealer would just discuss these options honestly without playing games?!!!

Love the 2014 Impala!

by Lover of Impalas! from 61920 on Thu Jul 18 2013

Lots of leg room....new safety features. Great drive. Nice inerior. Radio has excellent sound. Feel safe in this car.

Exciting to look at, to drive and so quite.

by older car lover from Arlington, Texas on Fri Dec 20 2013

Impala is back with a true "Impala" as in years long ago! Very quite with great controled ride . The 3.6 V6 has more than enough power (more like the V8's in the last few years) matched with the 6 speed automatic transmission. My first highway trip got 29.4 MPG. No wind noise. Great sound system. Super large trunk . I loved my 2011 Cruze but this Impala is the car we needed to make the the trips from Texas to California several time a year. This car is as nice and much quiter than our 2005 Cadillac STS. I am very happy with the new 2014 Impala LT2.

It's a Looker, But I Don't Like the Road Noise

by 3rd Impala Guy from Baton Rouge, LA on Fri Jun 19 2015

This my 3rd Impala. I had a brand new 2008 which I loved. Then I bought another car and wanted to go back to the Impala - so I bought a 2012. I traded that for my 2014 Impala. I have the 2LT model with glossy black exterior and black interior with leather and suede. I have 30,200 on my 2014 Impala. Overall, I really like this car. This car has the poise and stance of any luxury car. The commanding appearance will move traffic out of your way going down the interstate. I receive many, many compliments on this car. I have the V6 option and the safety package with blind spot, backup camera and collision alert. I also have heated seats. I have had no problems with the car except that the key fob is really sensitive and the trunk pops open when its in my pocket and I bend over. I have been told several times, "hey buddy, your trunk is open." I didn't even know when it has popped open, which is scary because I keep work stuff in my trunk. My biggest issue with this car - and the reason I am seriously contemplating trading - is due to the road noise. There is way too much road noise for a car of this size, price and position within the Chevrolet lineup. The road noise on the Interstate has always been an issue. I thought that the tires were the problem because it comes standard with performance tires. I just spent well over $1,000 on comfort tires. It made a little difference, but there is a fundamental lack of sound deadening in this car. Trust me, if a quiet interior is important to you, this may not be the car. I have always loved my Impala's, but the I thinking about switching to a car that is known for quiet interiors.

Does not recommend this car!!

2014 IMPALA

by PROUD IMPALA OWNER from Milwaukee, WI on Wed Aug 13 2014

Today marks one year to the day that I bought a 2014 Impala. A year ago I was driving the '08 version. Night and day difference. Recently I had a very kind someone scratch my car and didn't even leave a name! I got a '14 Equinox for about a week to drive around in. A week later upon getting my car back I realized I took for granted the amazing composure, comfort, style, etc. I had missed with this car even in a week! I'm not saying this as a Chevy fan (before buying I test-drove the Accord, Camry, Legacy, and Fusion) but nothing drove, felt, looked, or was styled anything close to the Impala! There are only a couple of knocks that I have on the car but that is based on the way the market is trending. Upon my test drive I couldn't help but notice the huge difference in rear visibility from the '08 to the '14 (rear camera helps a little). As for winter driving (WI) it's not the greatest, but I also don't drive crazy nor plan to go offroading any time soon. Performance I only docked due to having a 4-cylinder as I don't expect to beat anyone of the line anytime soon, but then again I don't need to either! I just love pulling up to those same lights and having people driving the competition's cars stare! Great car! A must have!

first top notch automobile

by Rudy's birthday from Oberlin, Ohio on Wed Jul 17 2013

we went on a weekend trip and averaged 34 mpg.. excellent in every way. and deffentally a head turner.

MOST COMFORTABLE CAR EVER

by RAF from RYE BROOK, NY on Sat Oct 19 2013

I've had the car for 7 weeks, extremely comfortable and drives great. Took awhile to get the car as I had the adaptive cruise control installed , but it was well worth the wait. I have driven it to North Carolina from New York and back. Gas mileage was what they estimated it at. The engine is the V 6 305 hp. , the model is the LTZ 2. SAPPHIRE BLUE EXTERIOR with the black and dark titanium interior. love all the safety features such as backup camera, blind spor indicator, adaptive cruise control that helps out if the car in front slows down as so does mine, adjustable steering wheel. LOVE THE CAR !!, BOTTOM LINE

Totally Impressed

by Doris from Mt. Juliet, TN on Mon Nov 04 2013

I feel like everyone is looking at me when I am driving my new 2014 Impala. When I park at a store I have had people walk up to it after I have walked away, because I don't think they know what it is. My brother drives an Audi 8 and he was very impressed with my car and the overall appearance and all he could say was Wow! I don't know why someone would spend $70,000 a care when they could have two for that price with the 2014 Impala.

Happy Customer

by Otterchick2013 from Washington, IL on Mon Jan 13 2014

After loosing our cars and home to the Washington, IL tornado this was the first positive experiance that happened to my Husband and I. We both bought new 2014 Impalas and before had 2 2005 impalas. I feel like I'm floating on the road and everyone who rides in my LTZ loves it. Thank you GM for a superior product.

Have had it a week, thrilled!

by Billy from Detroit MI area on Thu Oct 10 2013

A GM guy my entire life. Have owned/leased around 14 various GM products including Cadillac, Park Ave., Pontiac, several Chevys, Corvette, I really think the 14' Impala is a giant step forward for Chevy. I leased the LT V6 with several optional packages. LTZ a bit pricy. Can't say enough on all aspects of this car. Exceptional handling, driveability. Went on a road trip (350 miles) and felt comfortable and safe. Good Acceleration and passing ability. Five stars.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2014 Chevrolet Impala

Despite its position atop Chevrolet’s sedan lineup, the full-size Impala hasn’t been much of a flagship for the brand in recent years. Instead, the aging car has become synonymous with rental cars — or precisely the opposite of what a flagship is supposed to conjure.

That’s about to change with the completely redesigned 2014 Chevrolet Impala, which delivers the kind of comfort, roominess and luxury touches expected of a true flagship .

Offered in LS, LT and LTZ trim levels, the 2014 Impala is available with a choice of three drivetrains: a 2.5-liter four-cylinder, an eAssist mild hybrid system and a 3.6-liter V-6. The V-6, which goes on sale first in mid-April, is the engine... Read More