2014 Impala

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.5 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

On par with the European luxury sedans

by Muddy_waters from King George, NY on April 29, 2013

I had been conducting reviews (including test drives) of various cars in the price range I was looking for (~$35K - $40K) including BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class, and all the large car "competitors" to the Chevy Impala (Ford, Toyota, Dodge, Hyundai, etc) over the last 6 months. This Chevy Impala was by far the one I felt provided the best value and I went out and bought one last week (Blue Ray Metallic, Mojavie interior, LTZ with the V-6 and the comfort and convenience package). *** The bottom line from this reviewer is that this car is as sweet and comfortable on the road as I hoped it would be and has above average performance from my initial expectations.*** I have owned a Ford (Taurus), Hyundai (Elantra), BMW (325), and Chevy (Suburban) so I am not loyal to one brand. I have relatives who own a Dodge 300C and a Hyundai Genisis so I have had ample time ito evaluate them. This car I bought beats them all exceot the BMW which I think they are equal, but if nothing else, I recommend you add this to your list of cars to consider when you go shopping and take it for a test drive. I marked the performace as a 4 star because although this car has spirit, it isnt a sports car nor was it meant to, but it has the get up and go (V-6 version) you want when you need it. I also marked relaibility as 4 stars because I havent had the "time" one would require to really generate a good understanding of it, but the materials and attention to detail as well as the fit and finish of the vehicle made me feel that is is certainly above normal. What I like: It has an etremely quiet cabin, as quiet if not more quiet than BMW 325; It has punchy perfomrance. Not BMW sports-sedan like, but ample power for a large luxury car. In fact, even though I have tested out the performance on this car a few times, I am averaging a combined 25.7 MPG since I got it. Respectable when you look at the competition. I know on a long road trip I will easily obtain the 29 mpg highway that the EPA placed on the car. It has a very stylish exterior and interior that I still look at and smile; the mylink is easy to use and the natural speech recognition works very well; traded in my Chevy Suburban and this car feels like it has as much room in the front seating area. HID headlights are very nice. There really isnt much I havent liked about this car since I bought it. What I think I wish could be changed: Totally being selfish here: I wish the BMW like circular light ring was on as part of the LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) in the bumper. They only come on if I turn on the parking lights. I also wish the comfort and convenience package came with the texting option for your smartphone (read your texts and compose replies) through the mylink that the book says the system may have. I am guessing it comes if you buy the upgraded Navigation package which I did not get and see as a waste in any car (I have a Garmin that I took from my Suburban to the Imapala); It is much cheaper. I have hated every impala body style and interior since I recognized cars as a thing any boy/man has to have. Chevy did something right with this one though. I kept saying to myself, "Are you sue you want to road test an Impala"? I am glad I did it. GREAT car!!!

2014 Impala LTZ

by rukdg from Mishawaka, In on July 13, 2013

After doing our homework we ended up purchasing the 2014 Impala LTZ 2. It is a beautiful car that turns heads. The interior is spacious as I am 6'4" and this car has plenty of leg room for both front and rear passengers. We average keeping our main car at least 10 years and this car will be a keeper.

What? An Impala? Seriously? YES!!!!

by Shock and Awe from Cincinnati, Ohio on July 13, 2013

Let me say, I was not expecting to be won over by an Impala! I'm in my younger 30's, I'm 6'5 and I drool over the Camaro. That being said, I was pleasantly surprised when the dealer handed me the keys to a 2014 Impala after they had to keep my wife's car for repairs. I looked at the car, and did a double take. It's a beautiful car. I don't care much for the rear character line, or the rear lights, but the general shape of the car is beautiful. Its hood and front fascia are downright sexy. Its sleek greenhouse is striking. The thing has instant presence. And it only gets better when you open the door. I have very long legs, so I squeeze myself in between the seat and the steering wheel, and think "here we go again, my knees will become well acquainted with the dash as always." Boy was I wrong. I could have watched a movie by the time the seat actually stopped moving. It just keeps going and going. Seriously, it was the first car I've ever driven, where I put the seat all the way back and then moved it forward some, not just some, probably a good 3 inches! Now I had the base model (I presume LS, but there was no trim identifier on the car). So I didn't have all the amenities with which I've become acquainted, such as leather seats, climate control, etc. But I was stricken by the beauty and quality of the interior. And it was gray. The Impala was the first car I've ever seen that made me not want to submerge the interior in ANY other color paint. Don't get me wrong, it's still boring by comparison to other possible options (I later discovered that the showroom had one with a black and beige interior, and it was orders of magnitude hotter than any interior I have ever seen) but it was beautiful even though it was gray! The seats were comfortable, the ride was amazingly quiet (even with the four banger) and very smooth. It glided over every imperfection. It felt downright luxurious. I can't imagine how that sweet interior with leather seats would look from the front seat, but even with the basics I was slobbering pretty rabidly over a full-size sedan (crazy, I know). Unfortunately it was under-powered (but come on let's blame the culprit--government cafe standards). I'm sure the V6 would be more than adequate. I was surprised by the quietness of the car and the fact that I could barely hear the engine even when it was straining. It downshifted more than I'd like (but I live around lots of hills on the west side of Cincinnati). But even so it didn't sound obnoxious, I could barely hear it. It moved well, accelerated decently considering the engine, and was a real joy to drive. I wasn't crazy about the way the music controls work, they could take a little getting used to (I didn't have the touch screen interface though, so maybe it's different with the better system on the higher trim levels). Other than that, I was amazed by the limmo-like dimensions of the interior, its incredibly smooth ride, its light but responsive steering, the comfortable seats, the beautiful interior, and the striking presence of the exterior. It is a stunning car. It was such a joy to drive and so comfortable that it is very likely to be my next car (that depends on whether I have a family of four or five when it comes time to replace my current car--it's the Impala if there's another child and a Camaro if there's not.) I know two COMPLETELY different cars, but I love them almost equally for very different reasons! That should tell you something about this Impala. It simply rocks!

So far so good!

by TJ New Impala from Eastern PA on October 22, 2013

Newly purchased Impala 2LT LTZ, Blue Ray Metalic and Jet black/Mojave interior. Had driven these as a rental a few times and liked it enough to buy it. So far the car has been great. Had some initial issues with wheels/tires that were causing vibrations in the car but the dealer swapped out all 4 wheels and tires and now it is smooth as silk. Rides great. Looks great. Electronics work as advertised. Now we see if the build quality will hold up over time. Do your homework on any new car purchase and make sure the dealer doesn't try to hide the cost of optional warranties, car surface wax, etc. in the monthly payment. Dealers use third parties for these things and mark them up substantially so you may want to decline all of them and if you want these options, get them yourself. Just be careful to examine the terms carefully. Wouldn't it be great if a dealer would just discuss these options honestly without playing games?!!!

2014 Impala

by Driver from Chicago on October 3, 2013

Smooth, efficient, stylish and one of the best cars I have driven. I have owned Lexus, BMW and Mercedes, and this is up there with the best.

Chevy's outdone itself

by hillbyde from Cedar City, Utah on October 26, 2013

In comparing the 2013 AND 14 MODELS there is no comparison. The 14 is far superior and well worth the money. I sold my 1995 Impala SS and bought a 2014 Mustang...I then drove the 2014 Impala and traded the Mustang in for the Impala...very excited about the new Impala and hope it does well. Hillbyde

Love the 2014 Impala!

by Lover of Impalas! from 61920 on July 18, 2013

Lots of leg room....new safety features. Great drive. Nice inerior. Radio has excellent sound. Feel safe in this car.

first top notch automobile

by Rudy's birthday from Oberlin, Ohio on July 17, 2013

we went on a weekend trip and averaged 34 mpg.. excellent in every way. and deffentally a head turner.

Exciting to look at, to drive and so quite.

by older car lover from Arlington, Texas on December 20, 2013

Impala is back with a true "Impala" as in years long ago! Very quite with great controled ride . The 3.6 V6 has more than enough power (more like the V8's in the last few years) matched with the 6 speed automatic transmission. My first highway trip got 29.4 MPG. No wind noise. Great sound system. Super large trunk . I loved my 2011 Cruze but this Impala is the car we needed to make the the trips from Texas to California several time a year. This car is as nice and much quiter than our 2005 Cadillac STS. I am very happy with the new 2014 Impala LT2.

Happy Customer

by Otterchick2013 from Washington, IL on January 13, 2014

After loosing our cars and home to the Washington, IL tornado this was the first positive experiance that happened to my Husband and I. We both bought new 2014 Impalas and before had 2 2005 impalas. I feel like I'm floating on the road and everyone who rides in my LTZ loves it. Thank you GM for a superior product.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13