2013 Volt

2013 Chevrolet Volt

2013 Chevrolet Volt

Have You Driven the 2013 Chevrolet Volt?

Commuting and more.

by WanderingSol from Lafayette, In on Wed Nov 14 2012

We bought the car to buy less oil and save money. We have gone 1100 miles and still have 3 of the 9 gallons of gas the dealer put it when new. Our daily commute is 15 miles so all electric. A full charge (30-40 miles) cost is $0.62. Even our out town trips have been good. Cannot tell when gas engine comes on most of the time unless you watch the display.

I gots to get me one of these..

by laylajo from Arlington Tx on Mon Jul 29 2013

I currently share a Saturn Astra with my son and own a small maid service that helps the elderly. Recently the Astra broke down. The local Chevrolet dealer gave me a 2013 Volt as a loaner while the warranty work was being done. As a glorified hippie, I've wanted a hybrid for years. None of them appealed to me. The prius looks dorky, and the leaf scares me. I have enough anxiety without adding range anxiety to my list of issues. ;) So when they gave me the Volt, I was uncertain. I immediately put 15 bucks worth of gas in it. I decided to test it. The first day I drove 120 miles. I was comfy and averaged about 44 mpg. The next six days, I used mostly electricity. Even with my hub flooring it and driving it like it was a Porsche it still averaged 44mg. It was comforting to know if I ran out of juice, I had gas as a back up. Over seven days, I learned to "coast" to be fuel efficient, took it to Costco, and did my daily Mom and visiting angel thing. The end all be all is that I love this car! In six days I used three gallons of gas. Three gallons, in six days. That's my average daily use in a compact four cylinder Saturn that felt like a tin can when I picked it up this afternoon. In comparison, the Volt drives like a Caddy. I feel like a queen riding in it. The only cons are the air conditioner, it's either freezing cold or lukewarm. I am sure it's a learning curve.. and the questions. I spent 25 minutes answering a client's questions today instead of cleaning. ;) I have done the math, and using a Volt will cost me 92.00 a month to take care of my wonderful customers who rely heavily upon me and are often cash strapped. I currently spend 200.00 on gas driving a car that should be economical but is not. As soon as these babies become "used" I am snapping one up. I deserve it, and so do you.. DO NOT believe the negative reviews. They are probably written by a Prius owner who is jealous b/c the Volt is better looking.

Bye Gas, Hello Obsessing about electrcity!

by Volter from Encino, CA on Sat Jan 12 2013

Traded in an older hybrid for twice the room, looks, performance, and triple the efficiency-- all for the same monthly lease costs when you factor in gas. Also have an Audi S5 to make up for car insecurities that the other hybrid created, but I end up exclusively only driving the Volt around since it meets all the needs anyone would want in a car plus more. It's got push to start, electronic e brake, comfy seats, a modern interior, a sport mode that takes advantage of instant torque, and good looks for a plug in hybrid. Also can carpool the volt in SoCal, saving you time and keeping you out of trouble from road rage.

So good we bought 2

by ztirffritz from Yakima WA on Thu Sep 15 2016

My wife bought a used 2015 Volt 4 weeks before I purchased a 2013. I found that my sense of wasted energy every time I applied the brakes in my car was painful. I started looking and ended up buying a 2013 Volt for myself. They're well built, stylish, quiet, and handles well. For everyday driving it is fantastic. It isn't going to handle like a sports car, but it also isn't the worst handling car I've driven. It is peppy up to about 30mph, then it is simply adequate. No complaints so far. I've owned the car for a month and I haven't had to buy gas once yet. I'm currently averaging about 170mpg over the 30,000 miles on the odometer. The EV range is about 38-40 miles, less in cold weather.

Best Car owned- exceed Expectations

by Dalmightyvolt from milwaukee, wi on Sat Jun 01 2013

I purchased this car last September and has exceeded all expectation. Low to no maintenance, first oil change will be in year 2, and thats because of age, averaging over 375 MPG. I went into this purchase expecting the 95 MPG, and it blows me away. Great torque off the line, overall fun car to drive and own.

Happy to finally be a proud Volt owner!

by Frankie from Ann Arbor, MI on Sun Nov 20 2016

I've been long touting the benefits of electric vehicle propulsion to all of my friends and family - now I can finally speak as an owner! I've always loved the Volt, and I'm particularly a fan of the Gen 1 styling over the Gen 2. I am able to charge at home and at work, and so for my 100+ mi round trip commute, the car is averaging ~120 mpg. Unbeatable with any car in this price range. Couldn't be happier.

My volt

by DaveB from New jersey on Mon May 20 2013

I have had my Volt now for a few weeks and have very much enjoyed the experience. Coming from a Victorian era all manual Saturn i am finding the all electronic everything a little overwhelming, but am easing into it. The driving is tight, controlled, and acceleration is wonderful and even the gas mileage impressive compared to my Saturn. The suspension is a little hard, you do feel the road. I am finding the driver training alerts a little annoying and will soon turn the "feature" off when i have time to find it. The only real feature i am missing is a towing and electrical hook up for the second battery that i can tow behind me to improve on my 35-36 mile battery driving. I do find the battery consumption to mileage ratio based on driving speed a whole new learning experience, very different from the gas experience and somewhat surprising, so very glad to have the gas backup for highway driving. I do love the fast 240 volt 4 hour recharge, and driving past the old gas station. I look forward to improved battery mileage in the coming years, and I definitely made the right choice for a long term car commitment. I hope Chevy will make the improved batteries retro fitting to current models so early adopters of the electric car technology will not be left out of the benefits of future battery enhancements. It would be a very important customer loyalty feature that would enhance peoples willingness to by electric.

Great car!

by djvollmer from Wisconsin on Sun May 15 2016

My first Chevy since 1984, and I love it. I've only had it for a month and a half, but it's a 2013 CPO. 1,239 miles so far, and it's used 9.7 gallons of gas. Cost for complete recharge is about a buck-ten, and I'm going to a 240 v charger and time of day metering, so that'll bring it down to 50 cents a day to go 35 to 40 miles. Looks wise, it looks like a Chevy, nothing over the top. It has a nice ride, great acceleration, quiet, no hesitation when switching to gas engine. My round trip commute is 20 to 25 miles so using the gas engine is rare. The controls are confusing at first (radio, air, heat, etc.) but I've had BMW's with I-Drive so it'll take time. Heated seats and steering wheel are necessary in northern climes, and it could use a rear wiper. Also, the car is so aero-dynamic, that having the windows down is almost impossible because of wind buffeting. Dealers aren't too up to date with the issue, but a kit is supposedly available to cure that. The on board computer says I'm getting 127 mpg, and adding in the cost to recharge, I'm coming up with a cost of $0.0425 per mile for "fuel" where as my last car was $0.11 per mile.

Techno blaster

by Volts R' Us from Exurban Chicago metro on Mon Jan 20 2014

Thus far, I've driven about 400 miles (purchased late December 2013), and consumed about 5 gallons of gas . . . mostly due to cold weather, when the engine will run automatically. Presumably, I'll use less when the weather turns warmer. Car handles surprisingly well; very nimble and responsive handling. Electronics on the car are mind-numbing, but you don't need to know anything out of the ordinary . . . the vehicle will do everything automatically. My one way commute is 24 miles; usually, I have 20 miles of electric power range remaining, which means the range is better than 38 miles in practice. Recently-installed charge stations at work are a godsend; Volts and Leafs are very popular at these charge stations. Great value after rebates, federal tax credits, and IL tax credits are applied. The savings continue on gas; $1.00 per day to charge at home(120 volts), but getting close to 40 miles on a single charge . . . and free re-charge at work. Only criticism: I wish it had fog lights; not available as an option.

Fun computer on wheels

by Cheapskate from Cincinnati, OH on Tue Feb 12 2013

Driving the Volt is like driving an iPod. The technology is amazing and have used almost no gas. The bonus is how well it rides/handles. Driver seat is a bit uncomfortable and I worry about all the electronics working well in 5 years but so far it's an amazing car.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10