2001 Chrysler Pt Cruiser

Very unique styling

by from Cincinnati,Ohio on July 17, 2017

This car has 160,000 miles on it and still runs pretty will. Averages 22 mpg.It ,overall has been an reliable performer.

Best car I ever owned I regret selling it

by from Avondale AZ on July 1, 2017

Best car for family traveling long time on the road excellent at start stuff in the back great for grocery shopping

Uses car for Transportingfamily

My favorite daily driver

by from Albany NY on June 4, 2017

Touring model. Funny car that's fun to drive. Good quality and performance. Comfortable seating and lots of room. Loaded with convenience features.

Great car

by from Loganville,ga on May 18, 2017

Very good car for the money.,Very clean and parts are super cheap and there fantastic on gas. Would purchase another one without any doubt.

MONEY PIT

by from visalia, ca on May 6, 2017

My personal experience was not great, replaced about everything on the car besides the frame. multiple window switches went out front and back, replaced steering column, replaced shift cables, pneumatic strut for the hatchback went out, fan went out, thermostat went out, foglamp switch went out, had to pull fuse or foglights would keep going on at random killing the battery. replaced the clutch, brakes went out on the freeway....not needed to replace brakepads, literally stepped on the brakes and the pedal went to the floor and the car did not even slow down a little bit - both front and back brakes failed on the highway and I narrowly avoided an accident by running the car off the side of the road.

pt cruiser for life

by from Manitowoc on April 12, 2017

best car ever i wish i could have a new one. very sad to have sold my last one. It is missed everday. I used this car everyday to go to and from work and school and to drive around in.

"BEST NEW CAR I EVER BOUGHT, I DIDN'T NEED"

by from Waleska, Georgia on November 2, 2014

Can't let go of it. I've got original spec sheet from window of my 2001 PT Automatic, Unlimited, Red, (original chrome wheels), which are beautiful as day (I) picked it up at the dealership. It has my name on it with ("MAKED FOR)r", ('MY NAME') stated on it. I'm holding onto it with the hope it may be worth more as a One Owner, Authenticated Antique. It has 230,000 miles on it and has same great power as it did on day one. Looks like new. I drive it every day. CHRYSLER HAS MADE A bad MISTAKE BY NOT CONTINUING THIS VEHICLE. THERE'S A MARKET FOR IT----check out competition for PT' Legacy.

Lame, but Indestructible

by from DC area on April 17, 2014

There are many reasons to buy a car, but fewer reasons to beat one into the ground. I got the car with just under 190K miles on it (base model, automatic). From day 1 I loved the little car. Wide panel under the dashboard which is great for people with long legs (KNEES DON'T BANG) and the controls are different, but easy to keep track of. I had a bad luck streak for some time; being run off of the road and such...if YOU know what you're doing, this car WILL handle exactly the way you want it to (traction control does its job). The timing belt went out on me a few years ago, but with no motor damage and the thing is still kicking. Unfortunately, the car has NO getup and go, nor has it ever. If you're ok with not accelerating at all, these cars are perfect for you. Yes the turning radius is ridiculous, but these cars will fight as long as you've got its back. I'm preparing to part ways with mine at 242K+ miles, and am not disappointed. It's sturdy, but approaching its deathbed. Not flashy, but has never let me down.

Love my cruiser

by from Henderson Kentucky on November 30, 2013

I bought my limited edition cruiser new in 2001! It was love at first sight for me, I had to have one. It's been my ride or die road dog for 12 years. Has a little over 100,000 miles on it now but we're still going strong. Backed into a pole, repaired it, still going! Deer recently ran into the drivers side of it, it protected me, the door absorbed the hit and I was not hurt, repaired it, still going strong. It's a BEAST! LOVE my cruiser! I haven't seen a car ( that I can afford) that I like better, so I just keep on driving it! Sure I've had to fix a few things off and on over the years but nothing that I would consider excessive! It's been a fun car to drive I have NEVER regretted purchasing it and if they were still making them I would probably purchase another. My favorite thing about it is it doesn't look like every other vehicle on the road, I like that it's different! I recommend it to anyone wanting to drive a really cool looking car! All these years later people still ask me about it and comment on it's good looks! TEAM LOVE MY CRUISER!! :)

2001 PT Cruiser, 5 spd, Great car fun to drive

by from Pompano Beach FL on October 2, 2013

I have had my P.T. for 9 years, this is a great car and so much fun to drive. Its spacious inside, very comfortable, great on gas and looks great. I have 125,000 miles and have been told by chrysler this can run strong past 200,000 miles. Yes some repairs are pricey but what car isn't these days. Wish they still made this iconic car :(

Our Expert Review: 2001 Chrysler Pt Cruiser