2003 PT Cruiser

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser?

My First Love

by Kruizer Kid from Long Pond, PA on Tue Apr 28 2009

I got my GT right after scoring my license. Mom was a little worried about the Turbo's power but I pointed out that the car had great safety ratings, front and side airbags and ABS brakes. With a little bit of Dad's help, she finally gave in and the PT and I have been BFFs ever since! My little GT got me through high school in style and she's now with me at college. She's never let me down and we sure have racked up the miles and smiles together. I love the car's looks and how it runs. Only complaint is the gas tank- a little small. The car gets great MPG but the small tank means you sometimes have to stop a lot on long road trips.

Number 3

by sailingzeek from Washington on Wed Mar 07 2012

I bought this PT used because I have two others that I bought new. They are both stick shifts. I wanted an automatic to be used as my primary car while I remodel an old home. Besides normal usage the PT will be used as a truck and as a long distance tourer. No other vehicle compared nor stacked up to this little hard working wonder.

Chrysler Got It Right!

by Cruisin' Happy from on Fri Apr 17 2009

We've happily owned a PT Cruiser GT for several years are we constantly amazed at it's reliability and versatility. It performs like a V-8 sportscar but sips gas like an econobox; it easily accommodates large passengers and oversized cargo yet parks in the smallest parking spots. It's been rock-solid reliable and a faithful member of our family. It's the Swiss Army Knife of small cars!

Best compact car you can ever find

by Pear Blossom on Sun Aug 06 2017

My husband and I got a PT Cruiser back in 2003 before we started having kids. Somehow this car ended up as our family car. It has been an excellent family car with big cargo area. We have been doing all the proper maintenance and haven't had any problems so far for the past 14years. We will keep this car as long as it last.

All i can say is WOW

by My Baby from Marietta, Pa on Tue Jun 30 2009

I got my 03 PT Limited about 3 weeks ago and i love it. I got it on my 18th brithday after having an 05 PT base i had to upgrade and i love it. i plan on keeping this car for awhile til another Pt comes along there will always have my heart!!!!

So far, so good...

by Car Jones from Seattle, WA on Mon Dec 12 2011

Only owned for a couple of months, so I cannot comment on reliability too much. We have had an electrical glitch with the remote lock/unlock, but nothing serious. I can tell you that for a small car, the inside is very roomy, very versatile and cool looking! Ride is also smooth and quiet. With only a 4 speed tranny, the MPG is not great...mid 20's. Seeing as you can buy these pretty cheap, I think they are a great value.

Fantastic 2003 Dream Cruiser 2

by CJ from San Francisco, Ca on Tue Feb 04 2014

Our 2005 blue PT Cruiser High Output Turbo GT was totaled in a hit and run, we were so sad, it had been a fantastic car for us for 9 years. We were not ready to give it up. We found our "new" 2003 Tangerine Dream Cruiser 2 on cars.com, we bought it and love it. The 5 speed stick is fun and the standard turbo has plenty of power and gets great mileage. We found the car to be just as advertised and are just thrilled with it, in fact we like it even better than our 2005 PT Cruiser, perhaps because of the seat heaters and great color.

decent car

by kid-car guy from san jose, ca on Mon Oct 31 2011

There was nothing fancy about the car, but interior & exterior were in great condition. It had plenty of room for someone 6'6" and easy storage for a bike or kids in the back. Mine was a standard transmission and I get great mileage from it. IAcceleration is ok not great, at speed it drives and handles well. Buying used I ended up putting almost another $1000 into it to get some details fixe: timing belt, exhaust gas recirc-relays, brakes & one wheel bearing.

One Cool PT

by hemidart from Fairborn, Ohio on Mon Jun 03 2013

I believe that with it's retro 40's styling the PT Cruiser is going to be one of those cars that only come along every once in a while with a timeless design. And since it's demise at the end of 2010 it might be temporally on the wane, but I also believe it will make a strong resurgence in collector car guise. That is especially true for the very limited 2003 Tangerine Dream (about 1800 units), the Series 2 Dream Cruiser is generally believed to be the most desirable of them all. State Farm is already writing policies as agreed value collector car insurance, a status given only to the Dream Cruiser, and very rare for a 10 model year old car. This is yet another indicator of future status as a collectable. Great driver, Great performance, and even respectable gas mileage.

A great value for young and growing families.

by Bike Commuter Dude from Duluth, MN on Tue Nov 20 2007

All the utility of a minivan without the fuel costs, and with style. Fold down and removable rear seats provide a tremendous boost in useful space, and the 2.4 liter engine provides an adequate 150 hp, more than enough to get a person to and from work, school, or play.

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Does utility have to be so boring?

Just look at the choices you face if you want a practical vehicle with a bit of fun.

Minivan? Too much of a soccer mom mobile.

SUV? Only if you throw in an oil well to feed it.

Station wagon? They went out of style about the same time as Duran Duran.

That's why the Chrysler PT Turbo is a perfect answer in so many ways.

First let's start with the basics.

The PT Turbo takes the Cruiser's retro styling and adds some sweet touches. Front grille, side moldings and bumpers are the color of the body. A chrome exhaust tip and 17-inch aluminum wheels toughen up the PT's already fetching hot-rod look.

The PT Turbo is the same versatile package as the PT Cruiser. That... Read More