Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2011 Avenger

2011 Dodge Avenger

2011 Dodge Avenger

4.5

Have You Driven the 2011 Dodge Avenger?

Best car I ever drove

by Car guy from Waldwick, New Jersey on Sat Jun 16 2012

I test drove all of the 4 door mid sized cars and truthfully was a bit depressed. I couldn't believe I was going to buy a car I wasn't thrilled with. Have owned Grand Prixs and T-Birds and now what, a Toyota or a Malibu. Ugh. I passed the local Dodge dealer and saw an Avenger Lux. First ride the v-6 snapped my head back, I took a hairpin turn at 55 mph and didn't have to hit the brakes. So comfortable and quiet, rides like a limo on the highway and zips around town. My wife took one look at my face while I was driving it and knew I was going to buy it. Best car I ever owned. If you are a car guy like me and love to drive great cars, this is the one. I am thrilled with it! Gene

Totally awesome-blown away car!

by Poquita's dad from Clinton Township, Michigan on Wed Sep 14 2011

We went out looking at other Chrysler products, but were not totally impressed with the two we had in mind. My wife saw an Avenger in the showroom, and almost literally fell in love. I loved the body design, but had read that it was not as impressive when inside for a tall guy. I got in (with a hat on) and I had no trouble at all. We test drove one with the Heat package, and knew that this was to be our next car! The salesman could see in my wife's face that he had a sale before we told him. I really fell in love with the seat treatment in the Heat package; the special rims really caught my attention, also. We got one with the red-line paint and I have to say that as a 62 year-old male, it's been quite a long time since I have had so much fun driving in my Heat package Avenger! We wanted good gas mileage and enough power to not have to worry about 'can I make it around that car.' We got it all! The seats feel like 'a pair of broken-in gloves.' One of my grandsons (age 19) said to my wife, "Boy, that doesn't look like any old grandma car to me!" He was definitely 'drooling' over this car.

Still Satisfied

by Matt from Northeastern Pennsylvania on Wed Jul 11 2012

This is sort of an add-on to my 5/15/2011 review so you may want to read that one first. I now have 21,000 miles on the car and am, so far, still satisfied with my purchase. Overall the car is still holding up with no squeaks and rattles and the equipment still working as it should. The only exception was that my factory hard drive stopped playing songs one night a couple months ago. I was able to browse through them but couldn't play them. Letting the car sit during the remainder of the night into the morning solved the problem and it hasn't done it sense. I still get many compliments on the Avenger's looks and even had it mistaken for a Japanese car. Many people view Japanese cars as "superior" so I thought it was quite the compliment. One inspection, three oil changes, a repainted front bumper (my fault) and the installation of my Mopar catback exhaust has, so far, been my only visits to the shop. A word to the wise: Being that the Pentastar V6 is only a couple of years old, many places do not have the oil filter in stock. Save yourself trouble and go to the dealer which actually cost less than a certain auto care center. I have gotten 8,000 miles between my first two changes but only 3,000 between the second and the last one. I'm not sure if I was driving too aggressively (I have that habit) or what but I hope I get more out of this last one. I get the same fuel economy that I have previously stated which is good considering the power of the car. I do have a few gripes: The rotors heat up too quickly and, while the car stops as it should, this causes a terrible shudder. Maybe cross-drilled rotors would be an improvement? Make sure you spend sufficient time adjusting your side view mirrors as this car has this car has some bad blind spots. Twice I have changed lanes and almost hit a car that I didn't even know was there. Rear visibility is also a problem thanks to the thick C-pillars (which helps give the car it's aggressive look). You get used to it but it makes you think twice on a few occasions. The trunk lid used to fill up with water (an Avenger problem since 08) causing water to leak out of the latch, and thus, into the trunk when it was opened. During my last oil change a service bulletin "fix" was issued. Basically, the dealer removed two rubber plugs on the bottom of the lid. So far, this has fixed it but it leaves the bottom of the trunk lid have a kind of "unfinished" look. My final gripe doesn't really have to do with the car itself but with whoever writes the owner's manual and user's guide... some of the information is not correct. The user's guide and I think the manual too state that the Avenger has a standard fold-flat front passenger seat when I don't. Another example is that the user's guide states that my battery is in the trunk while the manual states that its under the hood (where it actually is). Aside from those gripes, I am still happy with my purchase and would recommend anyone look at this car before you decide on the others in this class. Who knows... If this once anti-Chrysler guy has more years of good luck with this car, he may become a convert.

Sporty & Fun & Efficient

by 1st Time Dodge Driver from Pittsburgh,PA on Wed Jul 13 2011

This car is a V6 but I get as good gas mileage as I did on my previous 4 cylinder Toyota Corolla. The interior is awesome! Love the touchscreen and steering wheel buttons. The car is overall sporty yet still has a luxury feel to it.

mopar is back

by roryn44 from Toronto, ON on Thu Apr 12 2012

This car has personality. She's bright red in the sun, bright red in the dark. she pulls to 0-60mph/100kph in 6 seconds, and does a 7.0L per 100km at normal highway speeds. Her interior is adoring and useful, she holds you on long rides, throws you back and excites you when you want it the most. If this car was a girl she'd be everything you ask for, easy going on your wallet, likes everything you do, always there when you need her the most. thanks Dodge.

Great for the reasons I bought it

by Car Enthusiast from Montclair, New Jersey on Sat Sep 22 2012

This car although a 4 cylinder car accelerates and moves like a big 6 cylinder car. I bought it because I wanted a vehicle that is reliable to use as a commuter car. It gets over 30 mpg using regular gas, and is nice and roomy inside. I bought iy used for $15,750 and it had 12, 700 miles on the odometer.

4 cyl has average attributes but great for the $

by chaddingo from Sarnia, ON on Wed Dec 19 2012

The 2.4L inline 4 with the 4 gear auto transmission with overdrive provides great fuel economy on the highway but bad fuel economy in the city. The acceleration is on the low end of things but it looks beautiful and huge bang for its money.

Best Mid-Sized Car EVER!

by Reicher from Hamilton, Ontario on Wed Nov 06 2013

Bought it a year old and this car has sweet muscle lines. The V6 has so much power and has extremely good gas mileage that beats some 4 cylinders. I have actually driven the car at 42MPG!! (I was driving on a flat road at about 70km/hr) I don't know what the expert reviewers are comparing this too (a hummer maybe) because the cabin is a great size and the trunk is far from small. It's not far off from the civic. The transmission HAS HAD A SOFTWARE UPDATE and doesn't hesitate anymore. The car does have torque steer when you floor it but it just makes me think I'm driving a race car haha. The car rides great, handles awesome, the cabin is crazy quiet for the cost, and even the cheapy base models have the soft touch materials in it. Virtually no plastic in it compared to the competitors. This car can tow heavy weights easily. I would recommend this car to anyone. This car is the most "Made in America" car. Tied at #2 for all vehicles with the F-150.

Very nice Vehicle ever!!!

by Donnie from Oklahoma, midwest city on Wed Apr 18 2012

Love the lights and the big room the vehicle had.. great vehicle for drive around the city with great gas mileage and tires.

Good Car

by Mom from montana from Montana on Sat Sep 20 2014

I just bought the car. I like how sporty it looks.. it was this car or a mini van mama! I think the trunk is a bit small but Im used to my impala. Also it doesnt handle well going around corners. I really like the interior of the car and the sound system is AWESOME! I turn mine up when my kids arent with me. It has GREAT fuel economy for living in the mountains I was SUPER impressed! I got the car at a really great deal too! I just wished it handled better

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2011 Dodge Avenger

With all the attention surrounding the Chrysler 200 midsize sedan — thanks in part to a breakout Super Bowl commercial — its sibling, the Dodge Avenger, has been quite overshadowed. Like the Chrysler, the 2011 Avenger receives noteworthy changes inside and under the hood, but its exterior didn't change as radically as did its sibling's when it transformed from the Sebring into the 200.

That's a problem, because the Avenger is going to need all the help it can get to stand out in the crowded family sedan segment, which is getting better every year. Witness the redesigned 2011 Kia Optima, winner of Cars.com's Best of 2011 award.

The 2011 Avenger rides well, but... Read More