2007 Caliber

2007 Dodge Caliber

2007 Dodge Caliber

3.6

Have You Driven the 2007 Dodge Caliber?

Very nice car for the money

by smilinann from Libby, Mt on Mon Jan 01 2018

I love this car, but it doesn't have cruise control for me. It's very comfortable, and dependable. Have not had any major problems with it.

Great college car

by Jonas Bryant from Edwardsville, Il on Wed Sep 27 2017

I bought this vehicle before I left for college and I've only owned it for 3 months, but I can thoroughly say that this is an extremely reliable car with great gas mileage. I get around 25mpg when I drive sensibly. It's a very sporty looking vehicle and it has many great features. Seats are very comfortable, there is a built-in drink-cooler in the glove box, the glove box has two compartments: top and bottom, and there's a pop-out flashlight in the trunk area. Overall, I also find it very safe, with there being an airbag under the steering column to protect the driver's knees. There are a few blindspots but the mirrors are very good in making those blindspots visible.

Resale value not good?

by cmason from virginia minnesota on Fri Jun 23 2017

could be a good car for the price. having paint issues. paint has bubbled in areas that have not been damaged by rocks or bruised? Have been noticing other Calibers with same issue? Recall time? Original tires not good for winter driving. Had to change out early.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Car for All Around Use

by Happyhealer from Seekonk, MA on Sat Apr 28 2018

This car was a great buy for my daughter and granddaughter. The car has all wheel drive, great gas mileage (average about 25-26 mpg) and is cost effective since the price of gas has increased once again. My granddaughter thinks it is very comfortable and allows her to see out the windows with little effort. It allows my daughter to pack a lot of materials needed for her real estate open houses. This car is not the most luxurious vehicle on the market but when you check the safety features I know it can protect my family.

Realiable and perfect size

by Abu Samir from Buffalo, Ny on Fri Jul 14 2017

It is perfect size for a small family with enough room to fit groceries in the back and other stuff it drives excellent Good in Millage and good extra features

Mom car

by Cdry from Kansas, OK on Thu Jul 20 2017

I bought this car before i had children and it felt like a bit of a mom car. The car had plenty of space and got good gas mileage however there are horrible blind spots on this car :( I had to have the motor mount replaced on this car shortly after owning it however that wasnt bad due to the warranty other than that no other problems came up.

very practical car :)

by cargirl from Aqaba, JO on Mon May 02 2011

My father and I shared this car. He bought it new in 2007, and I started driving a little over a year ago, so he let me use it fairly often. I loved driving it. It's an easy car to drive because it's not too big, but it sits higher up than expected, so it felt like I was driving an SUV. Also, the car handled really well in bad weather, and I never felt insecure while driving in rain or snow. It was fantastic for long drives (we drove it from Indiana to southern Tennessee and it was really comfortable) The rear seats recline, so it was easy to take a nap or lean back to read no matter which seat one chose. My only real problem with the car was that it was a little hesitant to shift into a higher gear sometimes, and the automatic transmission would grind a little bit when that happened, but after it shifted, it would go as fast as one cared to go. It was a really great, practical car for us, and I would buy another without a doubt. The only reason we sold it was because we had to move out of the country. May I add that this was a perfect car for me as a new driver. I also loved driving my mom's Mitsubishi Spyder Eclipse GTS, but I felt very insecure driving it because I was always afraid of losing control of it or accelerating too much. The Caliber felt much safer to drive, and it was easier to control.

102,000 Mile Review

by Nick Montos from Worcester, MA on Mon Sep 24 2012

Purchased car new in April 2006. Now have 102,000 miles on it. The Caliber will not win any awards for excitement, but the car is super versatile and has been very reliable. Aside from normal wear items, the only repairs have been lower control arms at 80,000 mi and the TIPM ($800) at 95,000 mi. The 2.0 with CVT has averaged 26.5 MPG in mixed city/highway driving. This is comparable to my 6 speed Vibe/Matrix GT which averaged 28 MPG. The Caliber is actually cheaper to operate since it does not require premium fuel.

07 Caliber

by twkriket from Muskegon, MI on Thu Mar 24 2011

Many people dont like the Caliber once they own it. I for one really like the car. I am 6' 4" so I am no small man. Getting in sucks but once I am in, I like the fit of the car. Its a four cylinder so yeah it lacks power but all fours do. Over all I am very happy with the car. Gas milage runs at 24 plus around town. I would deffinetly recomend this car to others.

Engine & CVT make for magic carpet ride

by litesong from Monroe, Washington on Wed Dec 13 2006

Owned econo cars & featherfooted them to 50+MPG. My SE Caliber 2 liter w/CVT tranny is elegantly smooth. Highway runs give 35MPG. Rides into the mountains give over EPA highway mileages of 32MPG. Intown driving suffers badly tho, giving only 27MPG...some owners say less. Hard acceleration from 0 to 15mph is CVT computer controlled & poor. Above slow, acceleration & passing are OK. But the start makes for mediocre overall acceleration. Suspension is not harsh & in corners the car is not prone to lean too much. Pretend car racers may think otherwise. Front seats are firm but comfy on long trips with good support. The Caliber is not space efficient, wasting space from the firewall to the instrument panel front, & also at the very back of the car. Because of this wastage, possible large rear storage space is lost & back seats are short of leg & foot space, as well as being flat. The highest level Caliber was made for all wheel drive. If your Caliber doesn't have all powered wheels, you still lose space front & back because of the design of the floor. The Caliber has large blind spots front & rear. Be aware of them or they will hurt you...or someone else. The standard radio w/CD player is wonderful. The four 6 by 9 inch speakers give brisk clean highs, sensuous oboe, flute & clarinet midrange, & an easy rolling deep bass. Only rockers losing their hearing need the very extra cost 450 watt Musicgate. Had the electronics governing the fuel injection misinterprete the fuel-air ratio, causing my Caliber to buck. A quick electronic reset at the dealer & my Caliber is smoother than silk again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12

Our Take on the 2007 Dodge Caliber

The Dodge Caliber five-seat four-door hatchback replaces the Dodge Neon compact sedan. Having established that, I'll make no comparisons, because the Neon was the last of a previous generation of American compacts that stayed around too long while the foreign cars improved and improved. (How's that for diplomatic?)

The Dodge Caliber shows every sign of becoming a hit when it arrives at dealerships this month. It's stylish, versatile and refined, plus it offers a range of drivetrains, with more to come. The only caveat involves price: The SE is stripped down; once you add features or jump to the SXT trim level, the price climbs significantly.

The Caliber fits in a class among... Read More