2009 Challenger

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

2009 challenger se

by mike from new tripoli pa on July 11, 2011

i bought the car 1 year ago with 19 k miles. Since than, i put about 2500 miles on it and love its look and ride. 26MPG and the v6 has power to spare. the car is still worth what i paid for it a year ago. Why spend 45k for a srtr8 when the se looks the same. you can always buy a rear spoiler, 20 inch wheels and striping. i also have a 73 that my son drives and we go to shows together, both red, new and old

R/T Classic in B5 Blue

by Car guy from Quad Cities, Iowa/IL on July 2, 2010

I have an '09 R/T Classic in the B5 blue with the 5.7 hemi. The car is very comfortable, quiet and roomy. The performance is great and highway economy is as high as 26 mpg with an automatic. The car handles great for its size, but it is considerably larger & heavier than competitors. I get compliments from people of all ages. Some younger fans were hanging out the windows to yell their appreciation of it's style. Cons are rear vision issues and rear seat entry, but the rear seat is very comfortable for extended rides.

Best car so far

by Powerchip from Clovis, Ca on January 16, 2012

This car is the most comfortable sports car I have ever driven. It replaced a 2002 Z06. The Challenger shifts easy with it's close ratio shifter and has great acceleration through 5th gear. The ride is very sporty, yet comfortable for the driver and passengers. It screams performance and style. I love driving this car!

I HAD A 70

by HAD A 70 from BOISE, IDAHO on January 9, 2009

39 YEARS AGO I BOUGHT ONE OF THE 1ST 1970 CHALLENGERS. NOW, I HAVE ONE OF THE 1ST 2009 CHALLENGERS - A V6 SE WITH THE "G PACKAGE". WHAT A CAR! IT SURE ATTRACTS ALOT OF ATTENTION. BUYERS NEED TO BUY THE G PACKAGE WITH THE STABILITY CONTROL, TRACTION CONTROL, ANTI-LOCK BRAKES, BIGGER WHEELS AND TIRES AND OTHER AMENITIES. WHY THEY AREN'T STANDARD ON THE SE V6 IS PERPLEXING.

Get them while they are hot

by SteveMat from Charlotte, NC on June 5, 2009

Very substantial ride, not "flimsy" or "cheap" feeling like my 99 Z28 Camaro (which I absolutly loved and had to trade in for the cliche minivan). I bought the 6spd which comes in a pkg that includes the 3.92 rear-end and it simple pulls like nothing else. Honestly I haven't had it long enough to find a con, it is a big car, very big. I backed into a space and it took we 2 times because I couldn't tell where the back of the car was and was sticking out to much

Why don't they market these better?

by RNR57NYer from Sharon, Ma on February 5, 2011

I ordered my R/T with no options other than the TorRed paint in February '09 and took delivery that March. - the salesman said I "ordered it like a race car", but I was just trying to keep the price as low as I could. My previous dalily drive was a '97 Dakota SLT (and before that a "68 Dart), so the base R/T has plenty of bells and whistles for me. I now have 40k on it (mostly back & forth to Boston) and it's NEVER been back to the dealer. It gets as many "thumbs up" as my '64 Barracuda, even when it's filthy! The "good old days" are today - 14 second quarters with 25 mpg on the highway - it wasn't like that in 1970! Sure, access to the back seat could be better, and roll down rear quarter windows would have been an improvement, but two years later, and I don't see me replacing it for years to come!

BadAss Procharged!!!!

by Harley from Ohio on May 7, 2014

All, I have a 2009 SRT8 that I absolutely love. I grew up old school in the 60's/70's with muscle car fever as a young man. I recently had my SRT8 upgraded with a ProCharger and a new Corsa catback exhaust. DYNO 615HP!!!! I'm learning how to drive the car again...lol....it is a freaking beast. Agree with the previous post also that way too many Mustang/Camaros compared to this car. The acceleration is indescribable...haven't had it to the track yet ever, considering it this summer just to see what a 615HP 2 ton beast can pull the quarter in....enjoy

Im in love

by FormerHippieMobile from Berwick, Pa on August 22, 2008

just bought this car and im in love with it- the handling is great, fuel mileage is better than anything ive ever owned and the styling is certainly distinctive. Its not nearly as heavy as it looks, but it still doesnt quite step out the way id hoped. The plastic interior is a little off-putting, but there are many interior trim kits to buy aftermarket so this is not much of a problem. I'm 6'3 and had to move the seat up to reach the peddals- the interior space is wonderful. I can't imagine why this things gets such a bad rap from the car mags. If you want an economical, sharp and not neccesarily sporty car, this is it! Of course i did just trade from a jalopie 1990 volvo, so i might just be in awe that not all cars are liek that.

Extremely Fun Car

by Muscle Car from West Islip, New York on November 28, 2011

I Love this car! I always liked Challengers, but never owned one until now. This car drives excellent, is very smooth over bumps, and handles well. It is not a sports car, but has nice power. There is a ton of trunk space, and you can fold down half or all of the back seat for more space if needed. I have raced it at a drag strip and did well running a 13.5 @ 103 mph. The car gets about 25-26 mpg on the highway traveling at 75-80 mph. The only thing I don't like is that the driver's seat does not fold forward, you can only get in the back from the passenger side. My wife also wished that the passenger seat was adjustable, it reclines, and moves back and forth but is not electric and does not tilt. So far I have 32K miles without any problems. I would recommend this car.

Incredible Car

by Zippy from Mill Creek, WA on October 14, 2008

This is the coolest looking car to come out in years. The performance does not disappoint. Mine has the GPS which is very user friendly. The stereo sounds great. Seats comfortable.

1 2 3 4 5 6