2014 Charger

2014 Dodge Charger

2014 Dodge Charger

Have you driven the 2014 Dodge Charger?

Great American car

by Cougar56 from michigan on Fri Dec 26 2014

I'll start by saying that I haven't bought an "American made car" in many years and I currently own a two Hyundais, a Suburu and an Toyota. I bought a used 2014 Dodge Charger SXT Plus (loaded) with the Pentstar 6 cylinder and 8 speed transmission and I love this car. I flew out to NJ from Michigan to buy it and drove it back 8 hours home. What a nice riding car, no rattles, great Dr. Beats stereo, 8 inch Uconnect and the V-6 with 292 HP paired to the 8 speed transmission gives this car some get up and go. It handles great for a "big car" and for the price I paid, it has a lot of nice features on it.. I am definitely impressed with this car. I haven't owned it long enough to talk about the reliability but I bought a 7 yar/100K extended warranty just in case. With all the electronics on a car nowaday, it's nice to have that protection. (The radio went out on my Azera that was 2 years old but it was covered under warranty.) This car is a "keeper".

Blacktop

by Me from Houston, Texas on Wed Nov 19 2014

This car is awesome. I purchased the "Blacktop" model. All black! My only issue with this car is people slow down in the city. They swear I am the police. They move out of the way on the highway, I love that.

Fun to drive car

by cesmigs from Cedar Park, TX on Wed Oct 01 2014

Bought the car brand new after the 4th of July sales from McHaik Georgetown. There is 1 white Charger SE remained in the lot. And they gave me a great deal. Overall I would give it a 4.9 star because I should have bought the V8 version instead. But don't get me wrong the V6 is fine. It's still fun to drive. No complains with the car so far. But sometimes it gets mistaken as a police car after I plasti-dip the rims with black color and all the windows are heavily tinted. So every time I'm on the road, cars would slow down in front of me and move to the other lane. The car looks intimidating.

SXT Plus Performance and Comfort

by Batteries not included from Salt Lake City, UT on Thu Feb 16 2017

Bought this car new in January 2015. I was not in the market for a new car however when I had our Durango at the dealer to reset a wheel speed sensor issue they had a couple 2014's clearance priced $7k off retail due to the new 2015 redesign. I actually like the bold look of the 2011-2014 better than the 2015 and newer models. 300hp V6 rear wheel drive. Love: Styling, 20 inch appearance package Firehawk GT tires, key-less enter and go, remote start, 8 speed transmission, fuel economy, Uconnect Alpine 276 watt system, Heated front & rear seats as well as heated steering wheel, interior space. Cargo hooks/net Cons: Small console storage space, heavy (not a windy road car), large transmission hump protrudes a little into legroom space and middle back seat comfort. ZF transmission shifter takes a little getting used to as it is a ratchet style shift basically electronically changing gears, FM and Sat radio are poor quality signals (seem worse that other cars so I use SD and Bluetooth connected music for best quality) My car does not have a sunroof but I have heard the Chargers with a sunroof limits head room. Premium fuel recommended for 300 hp model. Not sure why the SXT Plus is rated at 300hp and needs premium fuel why the 292 hp SE and SXT only require regular unleaded. Overall this is a great car with near luxury finishes and road noise reduction. I am 6 foot 2 and I fit comfortably with plenty of room for back seat passengers. The styling features and comfort are hard to beat with any other cars competing against the Charger. AWD version would be better if you plan to use in winter areas. My car has the base leather seats however I think the top level bucket seats are a little better for this cars driving dynamics. My car did not come with a rear view camera however the wiring is in place so I may add it later in order to assist with reversing visibility due to the Chargers high belt line.

My 1st Car! So Happy

by Manny's Ironhide from Phoenix, AZ on Tue Apr 14 2015

I gotta say that so far I made great choice! I love the performance, the design, the comfort, everything!! I hope it maintains the same concept. :)

Goodness

by Bretterp from SALLISAW, Ok on Wed Dec 28 2016

Nothing like an rt. Wouldn't believe it. Priced at little high. Just nothing on the road like an rt.

28mpg W/Hemi who of Thought?

by K.R.V. from Cape Cod on Thu Feb 20 2014

My wife and I bought a new 2014 Charger R/T AWD a couple of weeks ago, and love it! This is my first Dodge car, but I have had a couple of Ram trucks in the past and have had nothing but good service and luck with them. I love driving this car! and get 17 in the city, but up to 28 hyw at the speed limit here (65) and if driven in a safe manner gets decent mileage, and rides great and handles great also, plus there is plenty of room, and the U-Connect system is also great plus the Dr. Dre Beats sound system is awesome! and very easy to learn how to use. I would have to say this will not be the last Mopar I own. I also received a great trade on my Dakota, and with the rebates paid just over 30K before trade! The only feature not available on the Charger that I miss is the SOS feature in the U-Connect system, that is not yet available in the Charger.

Nice Car!

by Commuter from East Lansing, MI on Fri Jan 24 2014

I just replaced my 2010 AWD Dodge Charger SXT with a 2014 AWD Dodge Charger SXT. The price has increased very little in the last four years, and the new car has been much improved: better visibility out the windshield, more powerful new engine and new 8 speed transmission make it both faster and more economical. More comfortable seats (and those of the 2010 were already good). More stylish interior. I also got a huge touch screen with nav and rear view camera, and keyless enter and go. (You don't have to take the fob out of your pocket, just open the door and start with a pushbutton.) It also has remote start for hot or cold days. Most of the controls one needs are on the steering wheel, and the touch screen has redundant physical controls for commonly used functions, so there was essentially no learning curve to operating the car. My wife's comment after riding a while was, "Wow! Why does anybody buy a Cadillac?" This is my Lansing to Flint commuter car, intended to keep me safe on snowy, blustery days. So far it has been a real pleasure, and I expect it to be as reliable as the 2010, which required only a couple minor adjustments under warranty.

Amazing

by K9346 from South Haven, Kansas on Sun Apr 23 2017

Currently assigned this vehicle by my employer. Amazing acceleration interior design exterior design well thought out placement of items within the car.

Second Charger I've bought, love them both!

by AsH723 from on Mon Apr 10 2017

Charger is a great car for me, I like the roominess, handling, safety, but it still has the power and style/sportiness I want.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Our Take on the 2014 Dodge Charger

Editor's note: This review was written in August 2013 about the 2013 Dodge Charger. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Only a few things keep the boldly styled 2013 Dodge Charger from being the most satisfying of the affordable full-size sedans — one of them being the newly redesigned 2014 Chevrolet Impala.

After a 2011 redesign and new powertrains in 2012, the Charger changes little for 2013. A black roof is now available, graphics have improved on the optional navigation system, and a new option package ekes 8 more horsepower out of the V-6 engine. See the model years... Read More