2006 Magnum

2006 Dodge Magnum

2006 Dodge Magnum

Have You Driven the 2006 Dodge Magnum?

Magnum R/T

by NormNY from New York, NY on Tue Jan 20 2009

I love this car! The styling is either love it or hate it, and I do love it. The ride is firm but comfortable, performance is outstanding for such a large vehicle. The mileage on the highway is impressive - we consistently get over 25 mpg on long trips averaging 70 mph, fully loaded. Around town I admit I still like to put my foot down and blow away those Hondas and Toyotas with loud mufflers. I've done some minor modifications - the car just seems to bring out the creativity in people, I've seen some outrageous mods on line. I'm keeping it!

Cool Moms Unite!

by Magnum Momma from Portland, OR on Tue May 16 2006

When my husband and I were looking for a new vehicle we debated between an entry-level SUV and a sport wagon. After sitting in the Magnum, the choice became an easy one. With a ton of "get-up-and-go" (350hp), sleek design, great safety features with child seat straps built in, and great storage it was the perfect mom-mobile without succombing to minivans and wood paneling. I highly recommend the great NAV system as the display is huge and is really easy to use. Also on the hot list is an upgrade to 22" chrome wheels. A spendy upgrade, but worth the looks. We've had no problems thus far and we love the car!

Very nice car

by Magnum from Quartzsite, Az on Tue Apr 09 2013

I just purchased my first Magnum and so far we love it.. It's very sporty but extremely comfortable.. We have been looking at Magnums do to having a family for awhile and we finally pulled the trigger. One of my best purchases..

2006 Magmum

by Mayor Mike from La Conchita California on Mon Dec 05 2011

I'm 64 and have owned over 50 cars in my life, so far. Best car I have owned! Of the 50 previous cars, Mercedes, Volvo, Chevrolet, Dodge, ect. this is by far the most fun to drive. Took it on a twisty road the other day, what a blast.

BEST CAR EVER!

by Tuna from SOUTHERN MINNESOTA on Mon Mar 19 2012

I have literally owned hundreds of cars over the past 40 years (was in the automobile business) and this 5.7 Hemi powered Magnum R/T is by far my favorite automobile ever owned! And this is coming from a guy who use to own and drive the muscle cars of the sixty's and seventies (including 426 hemi cars!). They never built a gtx for roadrunner that can handle like this car does! Absolutely love it! Buy one, and join the fun!

Great Car

by petey from Severn,MD on Tue Apr 17 2012

Honestly with 3 children and a lot of traveling this is a overall great reliable car! Not only is it a spacious car but when you drive it it feels like your floating.. very smooth.

DRUL

by Billi from Hershey, PA on Sat Jul 29 2006

The Dodge Magnum is at the apex of ingenuity. This is a distinctly developed formulation of high level engineering practices which sufficiently combines the variables of performance, sporty-styled luxury, and economy. Without any doubts, the Magnum has made its mark in automotive history. Its utility is noted to be well beyond adequate as the Magnum is well suited to carrying a complement of five passengers or with the seats easily folded into the floor, can carry a host of other commodities. Thus, the Magnum maintains a high level of versatility by properly managing demanding performance and economy coupled wirj its resourcefulness in varying the payloads of choice. Cockpit controls are shown to be well designed as they are all within easy reach of the driver, and are effortlessly identified by function. In my estimation the Magnum has magnificent styling, provides a sleek looking space-age design and presents a not too out of touch futuristic look. An interesting observation is that the 3.5 V6 AWT carries the same fuel economy rating as its more powerful big brother the 5.7/V8 Hemi. This could appear to be an illogical scientific phenomena, but is the result of the Hemi engine design allowing operation on reduced cylinders. When limited performance demands are made the result is improved fuel economy. Therefore, in essence, owning a Magnum is like getting your cake and eat it too. Overall, the Magnum easily meets the grade on all fronts. Without reservation, the Magnum can be effortlessly compared to a tactical high-performance jet aircraft which is finely defined in function for its intended mission, while having been engineered for simultaneous performance on a number of multi-level platforms. The Magnum is proof: Good things do come to those that wait

The Dog Limo

by naychurgrl from Frankfort, KY on Fri Apr 09 2010

My older dog was having trouble getting into and out of my 2002 Explorer Sport (197,000+ miles), the DogMobile. So I upgraded and got him a Dog Limo. And I like it too! It's got the Hemi and can really move when I need it too! Plus leather seats, all the fixin's, and lots of room for two dogs and my stuff. Great car. I found it on line and inquired about it, and the salesman brought it to me to test drive. And then the next day they made me a good deal. I wish the back window opened and that the back seats folded down flat, but otherwise it's perfect.

Great Ride

by FDS 1961 from Philadelphia Pa on Sun Jun 01 2014

Brought this SXT to replace the Hemi I had. Nice smooth ride, but in the city the gas mileage is not that great. But on the highway I have great MPG. On two road trips I average 28.7 and 36.7 and both trips were over 150 miles. Great car for long range trips, going to keep this one for a while....

damag

by Over the road sales from Charlotte NC on Wed Jul 05 2006

Purchased used 2005 White R/T Magnum from out of state dealer with remaining factory warranty. +'s Fun to drive. Plenty of power. Distinctive styling. -'s Visibility, Gas mileage, Local dealer service, Funky cruse control.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2006 Dodge Magnum

The 2006 Dodge Magnum is mostly unchanged from its 2005 debut year. These days everyone seems to want a vehicle with better fuel economy, but not everyone can get by with a compact car. Fortunately, within each vehicle class are models that are more efficient than others. Even within a model line, some drivetrain offerings can be more efficient than others. This is what drew me to the base Magnum, sometimes called the SE for ordering purposes.

Base trim levels often suffer anemic acceleration. Equipped with the smallest, 2.7-liter V-6 engine and a four- rather than a five-speed-automatic transmission, the 2006 Magnum has every reason to be a dog. To my surprise, it isn't, which proves once again that... Read More