2006 Magnum

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Loaded 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD

by Magnum from Chicago, IL on June 2, 2013

Recently purchased a 2006 Dodge Magnum with just under 60K miles. Car drives great and is extremely comfortable. Vehicle has just about every option, but I would not necessarily recommend every option. My Magnum came with GPS/rear seat DVD. The rear DVD is great for the kids, and works great, but already looks dated. The GPS is outdated, not touch screen (although I keep trying to instinctively touch the screen) and the maps are already old, it does not have traffic and is expensive to update. This is as expected for a 2006, but the technology is definitely not work paying a premium. Outside of these minor quarks. I love driving the car and expect to get several years our of it. The R/T is a blast without being overpowering. Cargo space is great and provides a nice alternative if you're looking to avoid a SUV or minivan.

Magnum R/T

by NormNY from New York, NY on January 20, 2009

I love this car! The styling is either love it or hate it, and I do love it. The ride is firm but comfortable, performance is outstanding for such a large vehicle. The mileage on the highway is impressive - we consistently get over 25 mpg on long trips averaging 70 mph, fully loaded. Around town I admit I still like to put my foot down and blow away those Hondas and Toyotas with loud mufflers. I've done some minor modifications - the car just seems to bring out the creativity in people, I've seen some outrageous mods on line. I'm keeping it!

Cool Moms Unite!

by Magnum Momma from Portland, OR on May 16, 2006

When my husband and I were looking for a new vehicle we debated between an entry-level SUV and a sport wagon. After sitting in the Magnum, the choice became an easy one. With a ton of "get-up-and-go" (350hp), sleek design, great safety features with child seat straps built in, and great storage it was the perfect mom-mobile without succombing to minivans and wood paneling. I highly recommend the great NAV system as the display is huge and is really easy to use. Also on the hot list is an upgrade to 22" chrome wheels. A spendy upgrade, but worth the looks. We've had no problems thus far and we love the car!

Very nice car

by Magnum from Quartzsite, Az on April 9, 2013

I just purchased my first Magnum and so far we love it.. It's very sporty but extremely comfortable.. We have been looking at Magnums do to having a family for awhile and we finally pulled the trigger. One of my best purchases..

2006 Magmum

by Mayor Mike from La Conchita California on December 5, 2011

I'm 64 and have owned over 50 cars in my life, so far. Best car I have owned! Of the 50 previous cars, Mercedes, Volvo, Chevrolet, Dodge, ect. this is by far the most fun to drive. Took it on a twisty road the other day, what a blast.

BEST CAR EVER!

by Tuna from SOUTHERN MINNESOTA on March 19, 2012

I have literally owned hundreds of cars over the past 40 years (was in the automobile business) and this 5.7 Hemi powered Magnum R/T is by far my favorite automobile ever owned! And this is coming from a guy who use to own and drive the muscle cars of the sixty's and seventies (including 426 hemi cars!). They never built a gtx for roadrunner that can handle like this car does! Absolutely love it! Buy one, and join the fun!

Great Car

by petey from Severn,MD on April 17, 2012

Honestly with 3 children and a lot of traveling this is a overall great reliable car! Not only is it a spacious car but when you drive it it feels like your floating.. very smooth.

Great Ride

by FDS 1961 from Philadelphia Pa on June 1, 2014

Brought this SXT to replace the Hemi I had. Nice smooth ride, but in the city the gas mileage is not that great. But on the highway I have great MPG. On two road trips I average 28.7 and 36.7 and both trips were over 150 miles. Great car for long range trips, going to keep this one for a while....

The Dog Limo

by naychurgrl from Frankfort, KY on April 9, 2010

My older dog was having trouble getting into and out of my 2002 Explorer Sport (197,000+ miles), the DogMobile. So I upgraded and got him a Dog Limo. And I like it too! It's got the Hemi and can really move when I need it too! Plus leather seats, all the fixin's, and lots of room for two dogs and my stuff. Great car. I found it on line and inquired about it, and the salesman brought it to me to test drive. And then the next day they made me a good deal. I wish the back window opened and that the back seats folded down flat, but otherwise it's perfect.

damag

by Over the road sales from Charlotte NC on July 5, 2006

Purchased used 2005 White R/T Magnum from out of state dealer with remaining factory warranty. +'s Fun to drive. Plenty of power. Distinctive styling. -'s Visibility, Gas mileage, Local dealer service, Funky cruse control.

1 2 3 4 5