2002 Dodge Ram 1500 consumer reviews

$17,620–$22,220 MSRP range
side view of 2002 Ram 1500 Dodge
Explore the 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Shop the 2002 Dodge Ram 1500

Best truck I have ever owned

The truck meets all my needs. The interior is comfortable and roomy. The 8foot bed makes carrying 8foot plywood easy. Even my wife likes to drive it. We bought it to use around the 1 acre lot to draw brush,leaves and branches to the landfill and carry mulch and fertilizer for our yard.

Work Truck

Good ol work truck. 5.9 engine strong transmission. This was the last year before some major changes(Hemi). I consider this truck to be heavier duty than the following years. I would like to have the more powerful Hemi but don't feel the 4x4 or tranny is as strong with newer models. On the down side they get better gas mileage, mine is poor.

The best truck I've ever had with no issues.

I never expected this truck to last this long without any mechanical issues. I received this vehicle 100,000 miles ago and I love using it but at this point I'm wanting to just save it in this condition.

4.0

One of the best trucks I have

The truck pulls trailers really well. The paint hasn't faded. The bed of the truck is very sturdy and doesn't dent easy. Hardly anything has gone wrong with it. The dashboard is the only thing that is really fragile.

4.1

Trusted truck

True to form pick up that is able to put muscle where it's needed and when. Only issue with the early 2000 models are the possible rear differential will go bad.

Great vehicle at a great price.

Exactly what I was looking for. I needed a vehicle that could pull my camper. This Dodge Ram will more than do the job.

4.0

Good runner

Got a great deal on a used 2002 Dodge Ram from Big John's Ford in Minden, NE. Great mileage & shape for an older truck.

3.4

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 slt quad cab

I would be happier with it if it would shift right and stop acting like it don't want to shift and I can't stand it

As Good As It Gets

I bought this truck over 5 years with 75k miles and have put over 100k more on it since then. It is the full-size half ton 5-Speed Manual trans with the 4.7L V8 engine rear-wheel drive model. I have pulled, hauled, over-hauled, mudded, and vacationed in this vehicle and it hasn't let me down a single time. There are some common cosmetic, heating, and electrical issues, but nothing that shouldn't be expected with nearly 200k miles on it. Definitely recommend!

3.0

02 ram 1500 4x4 4.7

bought this truck 02 dodge ram 4x4 short bed 4.7 used 10 months ago with low miles 70 k after iput another 10k on it everything starts to break.heater core went no heat on drivers side but heat on passenger side.also no ac passenger side but it works on drivers side but with heat and ac both on all you smell is coolant out the vents to fix $1400.this is a know issue with these trucks.also the head gasket went bad on the 4.7 I later found out that 4.7s have this issue with these trucks $2,500 to fix.also the truck wont move in reverse sometimes and fuel pump making a sound.to much money to fix everything so im trading it in for another truck maybe a ford.not a bad ride the ride is very smooth.I do not recommend this truck with the 4.7 to anyone or you will be sorry and the head gasket will go on you too.maybe buy one with a 5.7 hemi but thos have staling issues look it up.take it from me save your money and buy another brand truck.good bye dodge