2002 Dodge Ram 1500 consumer reviews

side view of 2002 Ram 1500 Dodge
Explore the 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Shop the 2002 Dodge Ram 1500

i owned

The truck 182000mile. No oil leaks very good running . I Chang oil 7500 miles it get 22 highway 13 town . I had it for 7years. All I done is change the thermostat and plugs. Very good truck

GREAT TRUCK for the money

Bought mine new in 2002. 5.9 standard cab SLT and IT IS LOADED! To buy this truck new today would cost $35,000. Mine still looks & runs like I bought new again. These RAMS new were incredible, and if you can find a used one that's been taken care, you will be impressed. Gas mileage is always the hot button with trucks. Sure a new truck might get a couple extra miles per gallon, but again, I can buy A LOT OF GAS with that $35,000 price difference. I plan to keep this truck for many years, or until someone can pry it from my cold dead hands.

4.3

great truck

I bought both of my 1500 rams with high mileage and had to do some work over the years, but nothing unexpected for the mileage. One was 270,000 when I sold it, some rust but still a reliable truck. The second 260,000 miles again rust repair, but ALWAYS got me where I wanted to go. Never stranded. I had regular maintenance and 1000 mile oil changes. I think it is how they are cared for. The rust is an issue with every truck I have seen.

4.1

Joyfull truck

No check engine light first owner always taken it to get fresh oil changes power everything reliable car in general

3.0

Most Problematic Truck I have ever owned

I have had this truck for 4 years, purchased with 70K miles. It now has 150K and we are rebuilding the motor for the second time. We have also had problems with the radiator, A/C and front end. Truck gets terrible gas mileage and the interior plastic is cheap, dash has cracked, ash tray broke and sunglass holder will not close. I like the look and drive of the truck but it cost to much to keep on the road. My plan is to never own another Dodge.

Solid Truck

I almost bought this truck about 2 weeks ago until I took up a rare deal I just couldnt pass up. It has some war marks but mechanically it is sound and its a solid truck. As all used cars will my mecanic said down the road some things will need attention but thats something you cant get away from in any used car over 5 years old. So if you get this checked out and find some issues dont let that scare you away trust me on this, if you do you will never find a car. I highly recomend this truck and you wont be left with any expensive surprises. Its a great truck, drive it at highway spees and it couldnt drive any better. Its verry reliable and doenst require much. I say you should check this truck out.

awesome truck

i got a 2002 quad cab, 4WD. awesome truck. i wanted tons of power so i got the 5.9. it uses alot of gas but thats the price you pay for power. comfortable ride, 6 disc cd changer, A/C. power windows, power locks. i love this truck its awesome

great truck

great truck has been great to me have not had any problems at all i have owned mine for a year now and it has over 175000 miles on it the onley bad is i onley get 11 mpg but a good sacerfice for being abale to tow anything and have good get up when towing

4.1

reliable as my father's 1979 Dodge D-100 club cab.

excelent gas consumption w the v8 magnum 4.7l , if you are a mecanic enthusiast, you can do all repairs by your self, it has some troubles w quality in plastics (interior), soft ride and plenty of space to drive comfty.

4.3

good value

Most reliable vehicle with the fewest repairs I have ever owned. It drives and handles like a sedan but gives you the availability of a pickup.