2006 Escape

2006 Ford Escape

2006 Ford Escape

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford Escape?

An Overall Good Vehicle

by Student from Louisville, KY on Sat Apr 23 2011

The Ford Escape has been a great vehicle for my busy lifestyle. I often have to haul large amounts of supplies for work and the cargo space is more than sufficient and easy to access. The back seats are also easy to fold up and down to create enough room to carry some furniture, like dressers and desks. The gas mileage is pretty good for highways. My Escape is a V6 with FWD and I average 25 mpg. However city mileage is less than I would like, averaging 15-18 mpg. The vehicle is a bit noisy on the highway, but I often don't notice it when playing music. It's also not very comfortable when driving more than a few hours. The Escape handles like a car and is easy to maneuver. I didn't have any problems when I drove it in the snow and was able to get up some hills that other cars weren't able to handle. Overall I love the Ford Escape and would recommend it to my friends.

Great car, great style, super practical

by Robby C from Los Angeles, CA on Mon Apr 30 2012

I purchased this car while living in Los Angeles. I need a car that was comfortable to drive, had decent pickup and was utility enough to get me to the mountains or the beach. Walking into the Ford dealership I had my eye on the SportsTrack, but the Escape better suited my needs and budget, so I went with it. I owned this car for just over 5 years. I loved it. The only maintenance I performed was very minor, like pads and rotors. It was a dream to drive around LA and surrounding beach, desert and mountainous areas. It was my friends and I go-to on any trip. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a compact SUV! I miss it!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Michael72 from Greer, SC on Wed Feb 09 2011

Very safe SUV. The 2006 Ford Escape is still one of the best compact SUVs available. The Safety Package includes front side-impact airbags and full-length head curtain airbags with a rollover sensor Powertrains and Performance.The 2006 Ford Escape has done well in government crash testing, earning a perfect five stars for the driver in frontal impacts and four stars for the front passenger. In side-impact crash tests, it received five stars for both front- and rear-seat occupants. Standard on the Escape XLS is a 2.3-liter inline four-cylinder engine that makes 153 horsepower and 152 pound-feet of torque. It is matched to either a five-speed manual transmission or a four-speed automatic. There's also the more potent 3.0-liter V6, which makes 200 hp and 193 lb-ft of torque. It is standard on XLT, XLT Sport and Limited models, and comes with an automatic transmission only. With this setup, the Escape can tow up to 3,500 pounds. Decent acceleration and better mileage make it a good option for budget-minded buyers.

More power and better mpg than my 96 Explorer

by Ford enthusiast, Buy American from AZ on Tue May 17 2011

So far so good. I've only had it for two months. Excellent hwy mpg @25 for 780 mile trip! Average speed on that trip was 70+mph.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

271000 miles and still running good

by J252 from Florida on Sun Oct 08 2017

We bought this car in 2005, when I went to the dealers Web site and picked this exact vehicle. It has been a very dependable car and has never given us any problems aside from the a flat tire or dead battery . With the exception of hitting a deer, we didn't need to replace any hard parts until we reached about 250000 miles.

Good but not most comfortable

by Practical Mom from Weston, CT on Thu Dec 23 2010

I've had my Escape for almost 5 years and have generally enjoyed driving it. No mechanical problems and has been good even in cold winters in CT. Handles well. But it's not the most comfortable for long drives - like to VT to ski. With age, the car has gotten noisy inside. It's hard to drive a long time without it affecting my hearing or needing to crank up the radio very loud to hear it. Also, I was disappointed in the gas milage - I get an average of 20 MPG for a 4 cylinder SUV. That's the same as my midsize 6 cylinder Maxima. In general, the car drives well and I am comfortable with its reliability and enjoy the space/carrying capability, but it's not the most comfortable and the noise is becoming a nuisance.

Will buy another Escape myself.

by Frankie from Lakeland, Florida on Mon Sep 25 2006

Car gives excellent performance and darn good gas mileage for a rather large V6. I have taken 6 Florida to New Jersey trips in it and was it very comfortable. It also tows a small boat easily. Great car and i will buy another one.

Great Looking Small SUV

by Navydad54 from Oklahoma on Mon Sep 04 2006

This is a great looking small SUV. It handles just like a car and has a very smooth ride. Cargo space is sufficient and the interior design is laid out nicely. I guess the only complaint I have about the Escape is that on the XLS model, the seat fabric is horrible. Even a drop of water leaves a stain on the fabric.

20Limited06

by MisterCar from G'Burg, MD on Thu May 18 2006

Awesome little SUV - Interior and exterior design are great. Everything is easy to use and accessible. Surprising room for a small SUV (ample headroom,legroom and storage in back - fold flat rear seats a plus). Great gas mileage for a 4WD the stats (avg 20-24) on a split of city/hwy driving. Lots of pep under the hood as well (more than I expected). For the price it was a steal over other SUVs I looked at (bought a 2006 Demo). Not much I can say bad about this little SUV. Very happy with my purchase.

Second Ford Escape

by Sandi on Wed Jun 13 2018

Reliable car, great price. Nice ride with plenty of get up and go. When our first one was totaled we knew we wanted another so we drove 2 hours to pick up one we had googled

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8