2007 Escape

2007 Ford Escape

2007 Ford Escape

4.4

Have you driven the 2007 Ford Escape?

Never had an issue

by TJV from on Sat May 13 2017

This is a solid vehicle, in all the years I owned this SUV it always preformed for us. An awesome vehicle to own

Overall good car so far

by Jo85 from Portland, OR on Tue Mar 20 2018

Haven't owned this car very long yet, but I've loved it so far. There is a problem you should be aware of; this generation of Escapes has a common problem with the alarm going off randomly. From what I've read it's usually due to a faulty latch either in a door, the tailgate, or hood sending a signal that one of them is ajar. That said the reliability ratings were really good, prices on used models are very reasonable, it's got some great features and is comfortable and fun to drive.

Most comfortable SUV ever drove

by Tmccallister2513 from Walnut Grove Ga on Wed May 23 2018

I love my ride. Its very good on gas,super reliable and unbelievably comfortable. Its the best ride u will ever own. If u ever need repairs, it is also super cheap to fix.

very good and reliable

by drew parker from albany on Tue Sep 19 2017

the space once inside did give my 6ft4in frame the room i needed and then some . I found the head room to be the same as the rest of the vehicle handle as good and better in most every way as full size suv,s . The Escape took turns just as good as full size suv,s. The fuel factor puts the Escape in a better light when it comes to gas .

130 miles in 7 years, no major issues

by Mike D Boiler from Westfield, In on Mon Jul 17 2017

This was my first SUV and first automatic. Other is 02 Ford Ranger 4 x 4 ober 100k miles. The Escape had great driving view and turing radius. Its the ideal bad weather vehicle in town. V6 has more torque than contention at time when new. Ride is rougher than some and only 4 speed automatic even back in 07, come on Ford.

Love passing the gas stations

by dave from Cincinnati, Ohio on Wed Oct 18 2006

Have owned the car 3 weeks. Purchased car in Florida and drove it home to Cincinnati. Averaged 33.3 on highway doing 70+ and city is between 34 and 42 depending on conditions. Hills seems to lower the mileage. Drove from Destin, Florida to Cincinnati on $40 worth of gas and had a 1/2 tank upon arrival in Cincinnati. Navigation system works well and the AM/FM/Cd player also works very well. Not sure what others see as screen too small. Friends have Prius and complain about the screen in their Toyota being to large and bothersome. Interior needs to have some additional storage areas for holding items. Has the AC Adaptor which take one of the storage area on the console. Would like to see a little less plastic and a little more quality in the Leather Option. Miss not having outside temperature and head lights that come on/off automatically as in my previous car. Otherwise it is a fun car to drive and handles very well. Transmission is very smooth. Love passing those gas stations.

2007 Ford Escape XLT with 117k

by EdK49er from Dearbonr, MI on Sun Aug 02 2015

I purchased a 2007 Ford Escape XLT with 117k miles for my 17 Year old daughter. The stocks and struts along with the engine mounts needed to be replaced. The body is in good shape (not rusted out around the wheel wells like many I saw for sale). I believe this vehicle will be reliable after I have the front brakes replaced since they are worn. Overall I like the vehicle and will retain it's value in the next few years. This vehicle has a moon roof, premium sound and fog lights. I searched a while to buy the right Escape and I believe this one is one of the better ones.

Best small SUV I've driven

by Practiacal but fun from New Orleans, LA on Wed Mar 04 2009

Bought new 2007 Ford Escape Sport V6. Routine avg 26 mpg, mixed city/hwy. Lowest mpg is city at 22 mpg. Very versatile for carrying items in back, on roof, or using small trailer. Easy to change modes from hauling to passengers. Holds a lot compared to Chev S-10, Olds Bravada, Toyota Rav4, etc., and was the cheapest at the time I bought. Very reliable to date (23K miles). Comfortable on short city trips and long all-day trips. Easy to park in city, including parallel parking. Only negative I have is sensation that tires (Continental Contitrac P235/70R16 OWL A/S) not grip very well when stopping on wet asphalt. I do not get that feeling with our Prius.

Best Little SUV

by GPC Pilot from Irvine, CA on Wed May 23 2007

I've had my '07 Escape Hybrid for almost 3 months and have 3000 miles on it. I have achieved over 28 mpg since day one, and most tanks of gas are in the 31 mpg range. For a small, yet practical SUV, that's good numbers. The Escape is comfortable, fairly nimble and not nearly as ponderous in handling as the Ford Ranger it replaced. My buddy's Explorer is a road boat by comparison and I used to be please with it. My only real complaints are few: 1. The radio sound (base AM/FM/CD-changer) is okay for a 1970's car and it is difficult for rear seat passengers to hear unless I crank up the volume considerably; 2. I miss my coin holder. My Ranger could hold quarters, dimes and nickles quietly in a spring-loaded holder. No such luck with the Escape that merely has a "dimple" in the dash that stays empty most of the time due to rattling change.; 3. Trailer towing is virtually nill. It is rated for 1000 pounds, but Ford tested it at well over 4000. What so low, Ford?; 4. Lastly, though not a big complaint, is that the A/C compressor only runs when the gas engine runs. If it's really hot out, then I can use recirc or Max A/C, but the latter forces the gas engine to run, and lowers the fuel economy somewhat. Otherwise, I'm please as can be with this trucklet and hope to see it through many years of service.

My return to American made vehicles

by Beau from Boscobel Wisconsin on Thu Dec 20 2012

I have been a import car customer for many years. However in light of the state of our economy i have come to believe we all must do our part to improve things in the good old USA. In light of the Obama bail out I've chosen Ford to give my business to. Don't get me wrong i know not much is truly made in the USA anymore but Ford has remained competitive with the imports more than the other US auto manufacturers, hence their need to take the bailout. We really like our Escape.

1 2 3 4