Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2008 Escape

2008 Ford Escape

2008 Ford Escape

4.3

Have You Driven the 2008 Ford Escape?

Great car

by Fred from Houston, Tx on Tue Nov 22 2011

Great car, good gas mileage, not too big, easy to park, attractive interior and exterior, recommend to others who want a truck/car combination

Ford Escape

by Joe from Michigan on Thu Jan 28 2010

My 2008 Escape gets great gas mileage and is very fuel efficient, especially if I take it easy on the gas pedal. I typically get 27 to 28 MPG on the highway and sometimes close to 30 during warmer months. This is a very good car for the money. I like it so much that I bought my daught a 2002 Escape and it runs well and also gets good gas mileage.

A Great Choice!

by Spoiled By My Z from Northern Michigan on Mon Dec 26 2011

I wanted to try a 4WD hybrid but didn't want the cost of a new one. Found an '08 with 48K on it. It has been AMAZING. It's not as spunky as my sports car but can definitely move when you need it to. It handles nicely, even in snow or on black ice. I get 30.3 mpg most of the time. The interior is a little plain but the seat warmers are incredible and the moon roof is a nice option. The CD changer works well, although we aren't talking high-end sound. I am used to bigger vehicles for toting stuff around but so far have not been pinched by the space available inside. There is NOTHING about this vehicle that I would change. I would have zero qualms about buying another one - new or used.

Has gone the distance

by RBR from North Carolina on Thu Jan 07 2016

First off, for those that have written bad reviews, what can be said, things happen. If you have water stains, well guess what, its cloth its going to happen. For other mechanical issues, it can be due to poor care, not getting it in for the tune ups, just rough hard driving, the list goes on. For me personally, I bought my 2008 brand new. Its 2015 and do you know what kind of problems I have 2. 1 the vent blower would not blow expect for on high only, I replaced a 23 dollar part behind the glove box and 10 minutes later my vent worked like a champ. The second was I had to replace the left cv axel. I was able to change that out myself so not much money out of pocket. Other then that, we drive it everyday, sometimes putting on 100 miles a day. Have drove it up and down the east cost more times then I can remember. Have never regretted driving it off the lot at all.

The best car i've ever owned!

by carfan from Baltimore, MD on Mon Oct 18 2010

I love my escape,and so does everyone who gets in. Most passengers are surprised it's a ford. My teenager wanted to keep it for herself. It's great on gas. It handles great and is fun to drive.

Great SUV!

by a_07_r from Fort Wayne Indiana on Wed Dec 29 2010

Overall the Ford Escape is a really nice SUV. I have the V6, 4WD. The V6 is great. Excellent pickup and drives smooth. Fuel economy is not as good as I expected but still not bad for a V6-4WD SUV! Does a lot better compared to other SUVs. Seats are comfortable but they show stains really bad especially the light interiors. It makes the vehicle seem dirty. Cargo and interior space is as good as any of the other SUVs in its class. Overall I think you get a great bang for your buck with the 2008 Escape. Some minor things could be improved but overall it's a really nice SUV I think by far the nicest one from that model year.

2008 Escape - great ride

by Car Lover from Silver Spring, MD on Mon Dec 12 2011

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Besides looking great, it rides very nicely. I would certainly buy another.

Best mid sized SUV I have tested

by Link from Gautier, MS on Thu Nov 15 2007

I have been a loyal ford owner for over 25 years but after my last purchase and the problems I had with the dealership I swore I would never buy another new ford product. My wife convinced me to take a look at this car and I'm glad she did. The styling of this SUV is bold it's muscle bound looks make me want to buy one for myself. The dual over head cam 4 cylinder is just right for the wife and I can say I'm more than impressed with the acceleration, being that I drive the V8"s. The interior is well thought out and impressive, all the gauges are easy to read and the information center is a great addition indicating outside temp, compass and satellite info. We are looking forward to our first long drive next week and cant wait to show it off.

Great SUV for small family! I-4, AUTO

by Family Guy from Norfolk, VA on Sun Mar 16 2008

My wife loves it! This small truck is easy to handle and park. Adequate acceleration and at reasonable Highway speeds (70mph) this does not feel like a four cylinder engine. We are getting 20mpg city and 31 mpg highway, which is the best I've ever had in an SUV. It has the SUV elevated ride which my wife loves in traffic. I find it easy to parallel park which is a must since I live in an urban area. The styling is rugged without being overly militaristic which means it's manly enough for me and my wife thinks it's pretty. She loves the "Kiwi" Green. The factory audio system sounds fantastic and I dig the free 6 months of Sirius Sattelite radio that came with the truck. The cup holders are deep enough to hold big fountain drinks without spilling. Breaking and turning radius are very sporty and this truck takes corners like a car, despite it's SUV-height. The front cab is a little cramped and the storage space in the back hatch is less than I desire, but we manage to cram in what we need. It's a fair sacrifice for the savings of fuel. Overall, this car is great---a truck I like to drive that my wife also enjoys---A great sports-wagon for a young family!

Decent car

by Ford Escape from on Sun Sep 10 2017

I bought this car used at a little over 100,000 miles and it works perfectly! I have not had to replace anything majors except tires but that's it. It runs smoothly and is a great first car !

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13

Our Take on the 2008 Ford Escape

For this its eighth model year, the 2008 Ford Escape received some welcome upgrades, including new, more aggressive styling and treatments to reduce cabin noise. With its drivetrain and some other features unchanged, however, it falls behind some of its competitors — and not just on paper. Still, it does what's asked of it with nary a complaint and with decent — but not topnotch — crash-test ratings and average overall reliability. The Escape, which is the third-best-selling compact SUV behind the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4, is consistently ... passable. I remain fond of it, but age and minimal updating are taking their toll (see a side-by-side comparison with the 2007 model... Read More