2008 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2008 Ford Escape
4.2
Average based on 61 reviews

2008 Ford Escape...love it!

by from Shelton, WA on December 12, 2012

We have had our Escape for about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. I got the leather seats and the power moon roof and 6 cd changer that I have always wanted but gave up having 4 wheel drive to keep it affordable for me. It drives beautifully and has been averaging 20.4 mpg with about 50/50 city vs hwy driving. The sound is awesome! I dont regret this purchase one bit!

Very disappointed

by from Winnipeg Mb, Canada on October 5, 2012

"Bought this vehicle from a dealer and purchased extended warranty with it. The vehicle was already two years old with 65 K on it. Within 2 months found out why it had been traded in. Vent actuator was faulty at first and had to take it back to dealer twice before it would be remedied. Cost covered. Within the next couple months of owning it the steering had a problem and was covered by warranty. Next the rotors and brake pads needed replacing even though it had been safetied by the ford dealer I brought it from. Cost not covered. Then it had a noticable shimmy or vibration on the highway. Put on new tires and had them balanced etc, (my cost) and still have the excessive vibration. Ford says, "there's no problem". Weather turned colder and I found that an extremely irritating noise consistent with a nest of crickets coming from the dash. No help from dealer. Then noticed noise on start up........loud "kaflappa kaflappa" that continues for exactly 20 seconds each and every time I start the vehicle whether or not it's cold or hot outside. Dealer reviewed the problem and said....."there is no problem...we can't find anything wrong". My last dilemma was the transmission slipping (not covered by warranty anymore as there are 130 K on the powertrain), and a meager cost of $3,800 to rebuild the transmission. My cost. I really do admire the profile of the vehicle however after having owned it for 2 years and almost $8,000 in repairs out of my pocket, I can't wait to get rid of this lemon-money-pit. I used to be a "Ford Man", but after this experience with the vehicle and lack of support by the Ford Dealer, I would be very hard pressed to recommend or buy another product from Ford. Please refer to consumer reports prior to considering purchasing this vehicle.

Solid SUV

by from Los Angeles Ca on June 4, 2012

Excellent SUV has exactly all I was looking for in an SUV and handles great. Haven't had a single problem yet. Love the exterior but the interior could be a little less basic looking. Aside from that no complaints great car!

The best car i've ever owned!

by from Baltimore, MD on October 18, 2010

I love my escape,and so does everyone who gets in. Most passengers are surprised it's a ford. My teenager wanted to keep it for herself. It's great on gas. It handles great and is fun to drive.

Ford Escape

by from Michigan on January 28, 2010

My 2008 Escape gets great gas mileage and is very fuel efficient, especially if I take it easy on the gas pedal. I typically get 27 to 28 MPG on the highway and sometimes close to 30 during warmer months. This is a very good car for the money. I like it so much that I bought my daught a 2002 Escape and it runs well and also gets good gas mileage.

Very Nice

by from Laurel,MD on September 11, 2010

Solid feel, smooth engine, hanldes well. There is a bit of road noise when windows are down, otherwise fine. Wish I'd gone for the softer seats otherwise comfortable and runs good.

Excelent Deal

by from New York on April 9, 2010

Bought this used with 50K miles on it. Drives great. Very comfortable seats and very decent gas mileage. Better than a large SUV for gas but better than a car if you need to carry things. Very smooth on the highway and the sound system is definite quality. It came with Sirius capabilities. Wish it had the Sync. MY 2008 Focus does. Unfortunately I have to give it to my wife until finances get better but i am hoping to get it back in a year or so.

Reliable and cheap to run

by from Fairbanks Alaska on September 16, 2012

I bought this car 2nd hand, and it was my 1st 2nd hand car in my life. But im not sorry one day. It is a 4 cyl and is great on fuel economy, and it is big enough for the 2 of us. Thank you Ford.

Ford Escape

by from Boston, MA on August 6, 2012

I am very happy with my new used 2008 Ford Escape 6 cylinder auto. The vehicle drives and handles so smoothly. The car is great in stop and go highway traffic, I can stop on a dime. I have plenty of head and leg room. The dash board instruments are accessable by a light touch. The rear storage area is quite roomy especially when I put down the rear seats. I miss the compass and outside temperature. The seats are a little on the hard side but I am not uncomfortale after a long drive. This is a wonderful, sporty, small SUV. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Great car

by from Houston, Tx on November 22, 2011

Great car, good gas mileage, not too big, easy to park, attractive interior and exterior, recommend to others who want a truck/car combination