2008 Escape

2008 Ford Escape

2008 Ford Escape

4.3

Have You Driven the 2008 Ford Escape?

Decent car

by Ford Escape from on Sun Sep 10 2017

I bought this car used at a little over 100,000 miles and it works perfectly! I have not had to replace anything majors except tires but that's it. It runs smoothly and is a great first car !

Great SUV!

by a_07_r from Fort Wayne Indiana on Wed Dec 29 2010

Overall the Ford Escape is a really nice SUV. I have the V6, 4WD. The V6 is great. Excellent pickup and drives smooth. Fuel economy is not as good as I expected but still not bad for a V6-4WD SUV! Does a lot better compared to other SUVs. Seats are comfortable but they show stains really bad especially the light interiors. It makes the vehicle seem dirty. Cargo and interior space is as good as any of the other SUVs in its class. Overall I think you get a great bang for your buck with the 2008 Escape. Some minor things could be improved but overall it's a really nice SUV I think by far the nicest one from that model year.

Has held up like a champ!

by austincorys from PA on Mon Feb 01 2016

I love my 2008 Escape. I have the XLT 4WD with the 3.0 V6. It's a great ride and I have no plans on getting rid of it anytime soon. Besides a couple of recalls I have had no issues at all with it. It now has 156000 miles on it and still runs great. The interior has held up well besides the seats are easily stained. The transmission still shifts smoothly, and there are no squeaks or rattles throughout the car. It has never let me down, always starts the first try, and always gets me where I want to go. I wouldn't hesitate to drive this car anywhere. It averages about 23 MPG and uses no oil between changes. The 4WD works awesome and handles the snow and ice well. It is very comfortable and quiet on the highway. My mom has a 2008 Santa Fe with half of the miles and my Escape beats it in comfort and quality. I was considering a new Escape but I don't like the new model at all.

Best mid sized SUV I have tested

by Link from Gautier, MS on Thu Nov 15 2007

I have been a loyal ford owner for over 25 years but after my last purchase and the problems I had with the dealership I swore I would never buy another new ford product. My wife convinced me to take a look at this car and I'm glad she did. The styling of this SUV is bold it's muscle bound looks make me want to buy one for myself. The dual over head cam 4 cylinder is just right for the wife and I can say I'm more than impressed with the acceleration, being that I drive the V8"s. The interior is well thought out and impressive, all the gauges are easy to read and the information center is a great addition indicating outside temp, compass and satellite info. We are looking forward to our first long drive next week and cant wait to show it off.

Highest mileage car I’ve owned

by Long septum 081873 from Indiana on Fri Nov 15 2019

Currently at 274,000 miles and runs like a champ who cares about interior. This car is legendary. Only thing wrong with mine is stains on seats

Love the height and wide interior

by Jewellee from Lake Havasu AZ on Tue Oct 23 2018

The 2008 Escape is so much bigger than other models. Love to have to reach for the grab bar to get it. Sits tall. Does not look like all the other SUV’s that are small, short and crowded inside. Inside is so roomy. 4 cup holders total. Sits so high up like a big truck yet handles great like a luxury car.

Excellent vehicle

by Avi8or from Burlington , Ontario, Canada on Sun Jul 20 2008

At first drive I noticed the tautness of the handling and the performance of the engine. I bought the 2008 XLT V6 FWD version and love it. It handles bumps and potholes admirably and does it with great fuel economy. One of the things I really like about it is that it feels very light on its feet! With the electric power steering, turning is effortless at any speed. The air conditioning works extremely well and the engine is quiet while cruising. The cabin overall is very quiet for a small suv. Haven't had the opportunity to tow anything yet , but I would not hesitate to do so. The brakes are strong and the engine pulls nicely. I have to watch the speedometer because it gets up to speed very quickly. Overall its a very well made SUV and I love the new exterior and interior styling. What an improvement over the 2007!

A reliable suv, comfort and fun to drive

by escape2008 from saskatoon on Fri Feb 22 2019

This is my first brand new car and has 190, 000 kms on it today. It still goes strong and never let me down even in -50 degree winter morinng in West Canada.

Bought used in 2011 and still love it in 2019

by pj from new vienna ohio on Fri Sep 13 2019

Bought this car used in 2011. Have only had a few issues. Brakes replaced for first time at 60,000. None since and I have 98,000 on it. Transmission flush at 60,000. Oil changes every 5,000 miles. Had wiring problems due to a mouse, so this is not the fault of the car. Heard people complain about the seats. I have had no problems with them staining. I wash them every so often if they get something on them in dawn and clear water and rinse well. Vehicle still looks great. Starting to get rust around both rear wheel wells. That will need to be replaced and repainted if I keep it. Right now I can't find anything I like so I may just repaint and drive another 7 years.

Good vehicle for my daughter

by Skins99 from Maineville on Fri Jun 08 2018

Love ty he more traditional body style on the old escape. Gets the job done and not bad on fuel efficiency. I'd be more likely to buy another one

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2008 Ford Escape

For this its eighth model year, the 2008 Ford Escape received some welcome upgrades, including new, more aggressive styling and treatments to reduce cabin noise. With its drivetrain and some other features unchanged, however, it falls behind some of its competitors — and not just on paper. Still, it does what’s asked of it with nary a complaint and with decent — but not topnotch — crash-test ratings and average overall reliability. The Escape, which is the third-best-selling compact SUV behind the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4, is consistently … passable. I remain fond of it, but age and minimal updating are taking their toll (see a side-by-side comparison with the 2007 model).

... Read More