2011 Escape

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

My 2011 Ford Escape XLT V6 FWD Auto

by Habitual Ford owner from Olympia, WA on April 5, 2015

We bought this to replace an older Ranger that had outlived it's usefullness. We love it. I immediately replaced the air filter with a K&N and replaced the exhaust cat-back system with a custom system. I now have plenty of power and great mpg (33 hwy, 25 city). I am constantly amazed at the power, especially on the freeway. The only negative I have is, what do you do with the headrests when the rear seats are folded down? Could have been designed better.

Too bad they stopped making them

by Mike from Toronto, On on April 3, 2015

We have a 2011 V6 FWD and love it. Power is great and mileage is a pleasant surprise (in winter, better than the 4 cyl Civic it replaced). Lots of room for the size and is a joy to drive. My wife likes the high seating position. It pulls a trailer really well with the V6. Ford went backwards with the new Escape. We had one for a week and it had less power, worse mileage and they dropped some of the best features like the opening glass on the tailgate.

no real complaints so far

by chris from se wisconsin on October 18, 2014

About the only negative thing I can say about this little suv is if you are looking to purchase one I would look for one with the 3.0. I have a 2011 XLT 4cyl. It is at times a little under powered. I don't do a lot of hauling so it fits the bill for us. Interior is laid out nicely not as complicated as some other vehicles. Good fuel economy and lots of room for what it is. I have owned fords since I have been driving and have had pretty good luck with them so far. Even decided to keep the 03 Taurus with 204,000 miles instead of trading it in.

Fantastic Escape

by Kerwin Maude from Western Canada on April 11, 2014

What can I say, this vehicle does exactly what it says, "escape". We've had a Ford Escape before and enjoyed it as with the Bronco II, long ago. The older styling of the Ford Escape 2011, in my view, is nicer than the new models that changed its exterior cosmetics. We've never had an once of trouble with the Ford Escape and it is sturdy, reliable, built for comfort and does it all in any terrain whether it is the concrete jungles of the city or the logging roads where you want to go to escape the madness of the cold concrete city lifestyle. The cargo space is great whether you put ball hockey equipment in it or fishing gear but the gas consumption could be a little better but it still meets my "needs, values and wants" far better than a substandard domestic competitor, Jeep. The dealership was great and even other franchises where we do our servicing have good attitudes, respect and customer service than the other car manufacturer I mentioned herein. Who wouldn't want to "escape" on a trip, weekend excursion or the stresses of bad vehicles? I have no qualms in buying another Ford Escape down the road as it deserves its accolades despite all vehicles on the market are overpriced in an industry consumed with hefty profits instead of more consumer breaks to lower costs.

2011 awd xlt V6

by Ken tram guy from Buffalo N.Y. on November 15, 2016

Purchased a 2011 escape XLT AWD 3.0 V6 with just under 38K,runs great,only complaint is the first 2 gear shifts seem a little harsh and wind out,especially when cold,plenty of room,good handling,decent ride for a short wheel base vehicle,mileage is approx 22 MPG,my 4 cyl Rav4 gets 23/24,wish there was more storage areas,my rav has 2 in the rear floor,the Escape doesnt have any,hopefully it will be a reliable vehicle,we get a free powertrain warranty from the dealer,but also purchased a extended warranty to cover other items,my rav has been great over 60k and zero problems,hopefully this ford compares favorably,so far so good,it is my wifes vehicle she loves it and i am sure she will love it more during our Buffalo winters.

Love this Escape!

by digrover from East Aurora, NY on February 21, 2013

I love the Escape enough for the way that it drives that I traded my 2009 Escape for a 2011 Escape sight unseen. As long as it was the same color from the same dealer! All I needed to do is fill out the paperwork! This is a great vehicle that drives well and is fuel efficent.

Love of my life

by Ford4life from Lansdale, PA on May 1, 2017

If you ask anyone I know, they will tell you how much I love my Escape. It is comfortable and stylish with the sport appearance package and I would not trade it for the world.

No major problems!

by missysj2001 from lakeview, NY on August 2, 2017

We have owned this car for almost 3 years and put over 60,000 miles on it! We have had no major problems! We change the oil on a regular basis and have had to change the breaks, but the only thing we can really complain about is that the air conditioning doesn't work! It is roomy and handles well! This is one car I am glad we bought!

One of my favorites of all vehicles I've owned

by Woodmt from Kansas City on May 28, 2017

This is my second Ford Escape. I absolutely love them...2012 and older anyway. They have great cargo space and I love that the back window opens independently from the actual liftgate to allow for longer items without having to leave the entire back open

Good Family Vehicle

by krys1022 from Placentia, CA on July 8, 2017

We have been happy with our Escape. It has enough room for our family of five while still maintaining ample trunk space. We like the features on the car and the leg room it allows in the front and back seats. No major issues since we have owned the car. It is a decent value and seems like it will last us for a while. It would be nice to have a little more get up and go with the engine, however, the gas efficiency makes it all worthwhile.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10