2011 Escape

2011 Ford Escape

2011 Ford Escape

4.3

Have You Driven the 2011 Ford Escape?

Fantastic Escape

by Kerwin Maude from Western Canada on Fri Apr 11 2014

What can I say, this vehicle does exactly what it says, "escape". We've had a Ford Escape before and enjoyed it as with the Bronco II, long ago. The older styling of the Ford Escape 2011, in my view, is nicer than the new models that changed its exterior cosmetics. We've never had an once of trouble with the Ford Escape and it is sturdy, reliable, built for comfort and does it all in any terrain whether it is the concrete jungles of the city or the logging roads where you want to go to escape the madness of the cold concrete city lifestyle. The cargo space is great whether you put ball hockey equipment in it or fishing gear but the gas consumption could be a little better but it still meets my "needs, values and wants" far better than a substandard domestic competitor, Jeep. The dealership was great and even other franchises where we do our servicing have good attitudes, respect and customer service than the other car manufacturer I mentioned herein. Who wouldn't want to "escape" on a trip, weekend excursion or the stresses of bad vehicles? I have no qualms in buying another Ford Escape down the road as it deserves its accolades despite all vehicles on the market are overpriced in an industry consumed with hefty profits instead of more consumer breaks to lower costs.

No major problems!

by missysj2001 from lakeview, NY on Wed Aug 02 2017

We have owned this car for almost 3 years and put over 60,000 miles on it! We have had no major problems! We change the oil on a regular basis and have had to change the breaks, but the only thing we can really complain about is that the air conditioning doesn't work! It is roomy and handles well! This is one car I am glad we bought!

Lasting Luxury. Fair price.

by Hwihn from Fort Lauderdale on Fri Feb 02 2018

Love this car. 7 years old. 104,000 miles and never a problem. Oil changes, brakes and tires are all I’ve needed. I’ve towed more than it’s limit up mountains and it’s powered through it all. All I wish is that it had a bigger gas tank.

Good Family Vehicle

by krys1022 from Placentia, CA on Sat Jul 08 2017

We have been happy with our Escape. It has enough room for our family of five while still maintaining ample trunk space. We like the features on the car and the leg room it allows in the front and back seats. No major issues since we have owned the car. It is a decent value and seems like it will last us for a while. It would be nice to have a little more get up and go with the engine, however, the gas efficiency makes it all worthwhile.

One of my favorites of all vehicles I've owned

by Woodmt from Kansas City on Sun May 28 2017

This is my second Ford Escape. I absolutely love them...2012 and older anyway. They have great cargo space and I love that the back window opens independently from the actual liftgate to allow for longer items without having to leave the entire back open

Great All-Around SUV

by Clem P. from Hamilton, Ontario on Thu Jun 06 2019

2011 Ford Escape XLT 4-cyl with 80,000 miles. Runs and looks great. Comfortable and roomy leather interior, good rear seating, excellent handling, decent fuel economy. No mechanical issues so far. Rides much smoother on non-Michelin tires. The engine is a little noisy, yet a very solid all-around vehicle.

Great adventure car!

by Emutah on Fri Apr 13 2018

This car is absolutely amazing! It has an amazing amount of room and can go just about anywhere. Don’t love the gas mileage but completely worth it!

Last of the real Escapes

by Dreaperman from Romulus on Thu Jul 05 2018

I'd definitely pick this model over the newer ones anyday. The newer ones are based of the Focus pool platform and this one had it's very own. It was really a good truck platform. The layout inside is great and the features work perfect.

Bought this 2011 new-My 4th Escape-4 cyl

by David J from Kent, OH on Mon May 15 2017

I love this little SUV. I have put 75,000 and it has been extremely reliable. The first three escapes I owned were 6 cyl's so this is the 1st 4 cyl I've owned. It has plenty of power and pickup. The only problem was some rust behind the right rear wheel. I caught it just before the 5-year warranty was up and Ford fixed it at no charge. I am on my 2nd set of Michellin tires. Got 60K miles out of the first set.

2011 Ford Escape V6

by Morset from Neenah, WI on Mon Jul 02 2012

Good overall small SUV; lot of get up & go. Only concern is the automatic shifting; tends to wind out in each gear vs. old Ford Escapes v6.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16

Our Take on the 2011 Ford Escape

Even in its aged state, the 2011 Ford Escape still hits a sweet spot in terms of ride comfort, but its drab interior and clumsy handling leave it behind the increasingly flashy competition.

Car shoppers expressed their love for small crossovers more than a decade ago, and the auto industry responded. Today’s vehicle  market offers a wide range of choices, from glorified hatchbacks to those just big enough to shoehorn in an impossibly small third row. Somewhere in the scrum is the Escape, a popular two-row model in its twilight years. Driving a midlevel Escape XLT back-to-back with eight competitors, one thing became apparent: The next Escape can’t come soon enough.

The XLT sits between... Read More