2014 Escape

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

2014 Escape

by My 2014 Escape from Imperial, CA on August 8, 2016

I traded my 2005 Escape XLT for a 2014 Escape S. Even though my new Escape is the lowest category, it has the most important thing--Cruise Control. It also has the basic tech package and backup camera. I got this baby with 17900 miles so it still feels and drives like new. The seats are manual but very comfortable. It fits 5 people and it has leg room in the back row. I am very happy with this acquisition.

BEST SMALL SUV ON THE MARKET!!!

by LSUGirl from Denham Springs, LA on July 24, 2014

Where to start? My husband bought me the FWD Titanium with 2.0 engine and ecoboost. I absolutely love it! With a very smooth but zippy ride, the excape is sooooo much fun to drive. The interior is very nice. I love all the "bells and whistles", too. The My Sync feature is so convenient. Media screen(nav, backup camera, and radio display) is of very nice size and quality. Unless you have a lead foot, you will get great mileage. I am averaging 24 city/32 highway. Engine power is not an issue. This thing can't wait to take off! As far as size, well I am 5 feet tall and my husband is 6 foot 4. We both feel very comfortable in the driver seat! You get a lot for your money!

Great Value

by Looking for the Best Deal from Des Moines, IA on February 10, 2014

I compared the new Jeep Cherokee to the Ford Escape Titanium. My last SUV was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and I love the brand. However, I was surprised when I compared the two on exterior looks, interior style, features, technology and performance to find they matched up nicely. The huge difference came in the ultimate price. With a lower MSRP, Ford incentives, and dealer incentives the price was 15-20K less, for what I perceived to be very similar vehicles. I've been driving my new Ford Escape Titanium for a couple of weeks and Love It!

Pleasantly Surprised

by joeboy33 from Pensacola Fl on January 23, 2014

I've always been a Ford person. I normally drive pick up trucks but I decided to buy something I could get in and out of more comfortably and also get better gas mileage. I test drove the Escape S base model and fell in love with it. Even on the S model it has a back up camera and SYNC which I have fallen in love with. I bought my 2014 the first of October and have put close to 9000 miles on it in just 4 months. It is a blast to drive and I'm getting on avg. around 28-29 mpg. I have been more than pleased with the performance and quality of this vehicle. I opted for the 2.4 non turbo 4 cylinder which has plenty of power and very little difference in gas mileage from the 1.6 turbo model. This car has far exceeded my expectations.

Great Vehicle

by Jdeer76 from Roanoke, VA on September 16, 2013

I've had the 2014 Escape AWD SE for almost two months now. Has over 1500 miles and so far has been great. Great looking car inside and out with best tech package in class. Have seen lots of complaints about MyFord Sync but have not had any problems with it. I found it easy to use and reliable. My phones sync up quickly and making calls using voice commands works great. Driving is a dream. Very quiet ride and super smooth over most roads. I average about 23 - 24 mpg in mixed driving. Only have minor complaints, one is that with my daughter's booster seat it is difficult for her to buckle herself in since its a little tight width-wise. But my kids love the leg room and the plug charger and back seat vents.

ecoboost engine rules

by American Made from chicago IL on May 28, 2015

I love the ecoboost engine. Great power! Great gas mileage! Sleek vehicle! Comfortable and stylish!!

First Time Ford Buyer

by dfisc from Charlotte NC on December 3, 2013

Bought this vehicle after reviewing and test driving the Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and Mazda. Felt that this was the best choice based on comfort and packages for the money. We went directly through the dealer and got a better deal than the deals offered on the interned by the same dealers.

Escape 2014

by diana from Leominster MA on February 21, 2014

I am enjoying my new escape. This is my second one. I owned my first one for 11 yrs. If I had to make recommendations I would recommend a rain guard over the front doors. Even if the window is open a little the water comes in right on the window controls. Its been a very snowy February and I have weathered the storms. Good performance in the snow. I would recommend this car.

Loved until it had issues ...

by Thimble from Small town , Illinois on September 6, 2017

Loved this suv until started having issues with check engine light coming on at 35k miles had turbo booster going out, then transmission issues we had a dealership that was very difficult to not only to get in in a fast manner but they didn't seem much interested in listening too or fixing the issues we were having with the car that were all covered by warranty !

Does not recommend this car!!

Stylish

by Worker Bee from Pascagoula, MS on April 26, 2014

I have the Ford Escape, Titanium series. Initially, thought I would prefer the Ford Edge but after driving the Ford Escape, find that it fits me both style wise and comfort. Love using Phone SYNC, can talk hands free. Grandsons love the electronics and the ambient lighting.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33