2014 Ford Escape consumer reviews

Explore the 2014 Ford Escape
Shop the 2014 Ford Escape
2.9

Don't Expect High Mileage

We have always been Toyota people, which set us up to expect a car to easily go 250,000-300,000 miles or more. That is probably why is was particularly galling when our 2014 Ford Escape blew its transmission at less than 100,000 miles. What a waste of money.

3.9

2014 Ford Escape

My 2014 Ford Escape has engine problems with the timing chain and other things that massed my engine 😑 if you have a recall on the 2014 I would like to know about . I really loved my vehicle but now I am with it. I still owed the bank money for it and the bank doesn't want the vehicle. I don't know what to do about it. Please let me know if you have any recalls on my 2014 Ford Escape

4.4

Ford Escape ad Body Control Module

I have never gotten the fuel economy that was on the sales sticker. At 53,000 miles the body control module dies along with the battery. My husband and I have been a Ford Family, even convincing the rest of our family to buy Fords, but it can take 2-6 months for Cord to get this part in and over $1300. For repair once it’s in.

Eight years worry free!

I bought my Ford Escape new in June, 2014. As of June 2022, all I have had to replace is the battery, and tires. I will admit that it only has 79,582 miles on it, but I have driven it on several vacations. I have not had an issue, until this past April, when my check engine light came on with the power steering light. I read the manual and it stated to turn the car off, then back on, to see if the light went out, which it did. I had a diagnostic run and it did not show any issues. It did happen again today. I turned it off and back on, the light is off, my power steering is working.

3.6

Pretty but with problems

46000 miles and transmission went. Repairing garage says Ford used cheap transmission in the 2014 Escapes. Ford also needs to pay more attention on the noise factor. Highway noise is irritating.

1.4

Too many problems

I've had my escape since 2017. I've always kept it really well maintained, constant oil changes, fluid changes, etc. Well in 2019 my battery went out, 2020 my engine exploded, and 2022 my transmission is out. The vehicle is EXTREMELY hard to work on because of the way it's laid out under the hood. Your battery is so far under your hood, you have to take it to a shop so they can take everything out just to replace the battery. I don't recommend this vehicle.

Good car for the money

I purchased the vehicle in October 2021 I am very satisfied with the vehicle. It has more than enough room to handle what I need to transport when I go from SC to Ma to vit

2.1

Kelly Ford had to buy back the truck

I got the Ford Escape from Kelly Ford in Beverly MA. Within 2 weeks service engine lights came on for coolant leaks. After bringing it back for 7 repairs the final one they couldn’t fix and they had to sell the truck back to me. It started with coolant leaking in the firewall. Power train Control Module failed. Engine stumbling to a stop on the road twice. But when turned off and back on it work again. Passenger window motor had to be replaced. Broken axle had to be replaced. At 55K I was excited to have this truck but I’m glad I got out of it as further research basically said avoid the 2014 Ford Escape like the plague.

Es el carro usado mas limpiesito que he comprado

Este Carro reune todas mis exijencias en un automobil mi color favorito limpiesito muy bonito y muy economico en gas y se me iso que lo campre en muy buen precio

Best cars on the road today

The car serviced my family well for many years that’s why my wife and I bought two new cars this year ! Fords are well built and made to last We are part of the Ford family for life