NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Escape

2014 Ford Escape

2014 Ford Escape

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Ford Escape?

Great Value

by Looking for the Best Deal from Des Moines, IA on Mon Feb 10 2014

I compared the new Jeep Cherokee to the Ford Escape Titanium. My last SUV was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and I love the brand. However, I was surprised when I compared the two on exterior looks, interior style, features, technology and performance to find they matched up nicely. The huge difference came in the ultimate price. With a lower MSRP, Ford incentives, and dealer incentives the price was 15-20K less, for what I perceived to be very similar vehicles. I've been driving my new Ford Escape Titanium for a couple of weeks and Love It!

Escape 2014

by diana from Leominster MA on Fri Feb 21 2014

I am enjoying my new escape. This is my second one. I owned my first one for 11 yrs. If I had to make recommendations I would recommend a rain guard over the front doors. Even if the window is open a little the water comes in right on the window controls. Its been a very snowy February and I have weathered the storms. Good performance in the snow. I would recommend this car.

First car to burn to the ground

by Not a fan from San Diego, Ca on Thu Jul 06 2017

Loved it until it caught fire and was destroyed. Was not aware of the recall 17V209000 that states that the engine could catch fire. I guess I won't need a notice later this year notifying me when the remedy parts finally become available.

Does not recommend this car!!

Wicked little crossover

by Come honor chest from Canada on Mon Oct 28 2013

I just purchased a 2014 escape SE 4WD with the 2.0L I4 GTDI ecoboost engine. Most of my driving has been on the highway, the turbo charged engine provides plenty of power to pass B train semi trailers on hills and corners. Intelligent 4WD, brake response and electric steering work flawlessly for those unexpected deer in the morning. I've had mine up to 180km/h in no time flat; handling like a dream even on those S curves and hairpin corners (at excessive speeds). Ride is fairly smooth on those dirt logging back roads too. I've averaged 9.9L / 100kms (mostly highway) which is 3L worst than advertised. But then I put that turbo to use, I can't stand rolling at the back of the pack. Interior is comfortable, being 6'1 I have plenty of head room. MyFord touch is functional and easy to use. Great vehicle overall. I highly recommend the 2.0L ecoboost engine!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

A Really Nice Ride

by Mom Santa from South Holland, IL on Fri Nov 08 2013

Cars. com was most helpful and saved us a lot of footwork looking for cars. We tried four of the types of cars and when we were in the Escape, the sunset was awesome and we could see it from all side and above like never before. That was awesome. And when we went over railroad tracks, it was so smooth. But it has all the bells and whistles that I still have to learn how to use. But we have a website with lots of help and a handbook. Now for a day off for driving school with it. :-)

GREAT VEHICLE

by detective rjs from Hudson, WI on Wed Sep 10 2014

This is the BEST car I have owned in years! Comfortable,fun to drive, peppy and fuel efficient---AND---my wife loves it!!!! We have owned about every make there is over the years and this made us come back to FORD. The dealership is also wonderful to work with. RJS

Not a Ford lover, but this car has changed me

by Tequilaron from Tombstone, Az on Sun Jan 26 2014

Read a lot of the reviews on the Ford Escape. All very true. We purchased this car in Dec.28/13. The ride is very smooth and comfortable and very little road noise. This is a great car and I would highly recommend you take a look and test drive this car. Damian our salesmen was very helpful and knowledgeable. Best salesman to work with, also Tom in financing was great. Like all the features on the SE model and the Ecoboost engine has a lot of power for passing

Overpriced Glitz

by practical from Colorado on Wed Sep 03 2014

Bought a fully loaded Escape Titanium. Comfortable and drives nice. Get the basics. The GPS is no where near up to par with portable driving GPS's. The voice command doesn't understand multiple words for commands. For example "cancel" may work in some places but "end" does not. Whereas "end" may work somewhere else when "cancel' does not. In other cases neither works. It may require that you say "cancel" and another word describing what you are cancelling. Often the voice commands led you to a point where you are asked to select an item from the screen. This requires you to take your eye off the road and read text on the screen, then press the correct choice. If you hit a bump at about the same time you may end up pressing the wrong thing and have no idea how to get back. Too many features are not part of the voice command system and require using the touch screen. Not easy when driving. If something goes wrong and the system needs to be reset (in our case with less than 2000 miles on the car) everything you have saved is lost. There is no backup and restore or download to anything. Too many buttons are unlabeled. You have to guess what they do. I have a 45 year old car that get 28 mpg. This thing gets about the same. Where are the advances in technology in that area.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love my escape!

by love my escape! from Ventura County on Fri Oct 11 2013

My husband and I love our Escape. We bought a 2014 a month ago. It is the most comfortable car we have ever been in. My husband is 6'2'' and this is one of the few cars he could even fit in. We tried the edge but the escape though smaller has more leg room. The Ford Mytouch is great! I just wish the price of the car in general was a little lower, to get all the bells and whistles (which of course you want, because they are excellent) you end up paying a price I believe could be lower.

@014 Ford Escape - excellent value

by JimyP from northern NJ on Sun Sep 04 2016

Stylish, solid handling with outstanding persormance in a compact SUV. The 2L I04 (DOHC, direct injection, turbo) puts out 240hp, making it the fastest, hands down, compact SUV. Better with 4WD to avoid torque over-steer. Handles very well - surprising. Excellent visibility and breaking - important to me. At 65mph I'm turing only about 1,800-1,900 rpm so good mileage on highway. City stop and go is 15mpg here in norethern NJ. Good cargo capacity. Back seats not too comfortable but I have little use of such. My 2L came with slightly over-sized tires which I liked and were needed. All in all, amazing vehicle and I heartily recommend.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 39