2014 Escape

2014 Ford Escape

2014 Ford Escape

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Ford Escape?

Great Value

by Looking for the Best Deal from Des Moines, IA on Mon Feb 10 2014

I compared the new Jeep Cherokee to the Ford Escape Titanium. My last SUV was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and I love the brand. However, I was surprised when I compared the two on exterior looks, interior style, features, technology and performance to find they matched up nicely. The huge difference came in the ultimate price. With a lower MSRP, Ford incentives, and dealer incentives the price was 15-20K less, for what I perceived to be very similar vehicles. I've been driving my new Ford Escape Titanium for a couple of weeks and Love It!

GREAT VEHICLE

by detective rjs from Hudson, WI on Wed Sep 10 2014

This is the BEST car I have owned in years! Comfortable,fun to drive, peppy and fuel efficient---AND---my wife loves it!!!! We have owned about every make there is over the years and this made us come back to FORD. The dealership is also wonderful to work with. RJS

Love my escape!

by love my escape! from Ventura County on Fri Oct 11 2013

My husband and I love our Escape. We bought a 2014 a month ago. It is the most comfortable car we have ever been in. My husband is 6'2'' and this is one of the few cars he could even fit in. We tried the edge but the escape though smaller has more leg room. The Ford Mytouch is great! I just wish the price of the car in general was a little lower, to get all the bells and whistles (which of course you want, because they are excellent) you end up paying a price I believe could be lower.

A Really Nice Ride

by Mom Santa from South Holland, IL on Fri Nov 08 2013

Cars. com was most helpful and saved us a lot of footwork looking for cars. We tried four of the types of cars and when we were in the Escape, the sunset was awesome and we could see it from all side and above like never before. That was awesome. And when we went over railroad tracks, it was so smooth. But it has all the bells and whistles that I still have to learn how to use. But we have a website with lots of help and a handbook. Now for a day off for driving school with it. :-)

Not a Ford lover, but this car has changed me

by Tequilaron from Tombstone, Az on Sun Jan 26 2014

Read a lot of the reviews on the Ford Escape. All very true. We purchased this car in Dec.28/13. The ride is very smooth and comfortable and very little road noise. This is a great car and I would highly recommend you take a look and test drive this car. Damian our salesmen was very helpful and knowledgeable. Best salesman to work with, also Tom in financing was great. Like all the features on the SE model and the Ecoboost engine has a lot of power for passing

A Great Vehicle but There's One Thing

by zimmernycricket from Toronto, Ontario on Wed Dec 12 2018

The Ford Escape SE 2014 is very nice overall. It runs very smoothly and has a lot of nice options inside. However there are some drawbacks for me to the overall interior design. For instance, in the vehicle it's highly electronic, it has Bluetooth, digital display and heated seats which are adjustable level 1-5 which is really cool. On the other hand, the driver seat is not electronic, it's the old fashioned crank method. Although they compensated a bit by allowing you to raise and lower the seat. Albeit still by old fashioned crank method. This doesn't make sense. Another major sticking point for me is MyKey feature. Ok if you have a teenager it's great. You can set features for driving safely like top speed 130 km, and max volume at 14, early gas light notice etc. So if you have two keys, the teens can get the other key and you can get the administrator key and set your own settings and reset as you like. However if you're like me, and you only got one, you're stuck with a key that's probably not an adminstrator key and you will not be able to adjust the settings or reset anything unless you send it to Ford and spend lots of money and get an admin key. So this feature is a major issue for me. It's annoying, and has been described as "The Babysitter" online. Also, I like to stream podcasts on Bluetooth to the car and I can't make the volume louder than 14 so I can't hear the quiet ones. Overall I'd say it's a great vehicle but be careful with MyKey and make sure you have the admin key! Finally, the vehicle is great for families because there is loads of storage in the trunk and an extra spot under the backseat floor. In sum, aside from minor drawbacks this is a good quality vehicle. It looks great, drives well and is excellent for trips!

@014 Ford Escape - excellent value

by JimyP from northern NJ on Sun Sep 04 2016

Stylish, solid handling with outstanding persormance in a compact SUV. The 2L I04 (DOHC, direct injection, turbo) puts out 240hp, making it the fastest, hands down, compact SUV. Better with 4WD to avoid torque over-steer. Handles very well - surprising. Excellent visibility and breaking - important to me. At 65mph I'm turing only about 1,800-1,900 rpm so good mileage on highway. City stop and go is 15mpg here in norethern NJ. Good cargo capacity. Back seats not too comfortable but I have little use of such. My 2L came with slightly over-sized tires which I liked and were needed. All in all, amazing vehicle and I heartily recommend.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

good suv but poor gas mileage

by escapee from bc, canada on Sat Dec 27 2014

Pros. Good well made car. Titanium model has all the bells and whistles for a good ride. Good Sunroof, Quiet ride. Sync works well Cons. Ecoboost gas mileage quite over stated. Lack of storage in front for phones, keys etc. Narrow seats and narrow for drivers feet.

Very Reliable Vehicle

by Jtgoss23 from Nashport, Ohio on Fri Aug 09 2019

This is hands down the best vehicle I’ve owned. Amazing on gas and it is very stylish. Would very much recommend this vehicle to anyone

My Third Esacpe

by Escapee from Southwestern NH on Fri Feb 07 2014

I LOVE my new Escape! I love the new 2013-2014 body style, and the interior is laid out perfectly. I love how it syncs with my phone - so convenient! The steering is controlled but not stiff, and the 2.0 engine 4 cylinder engine has just as much power as the V6. This is my third Escape. I love 'em. When I bought my first Escape, I made everyone sit in it because I think everyone should have one.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 44

Our Take on the 2014 Ford Escape

Editor’s note: This review was written in April 2012 about the 2013 Ford Escape. Little of substance has changed with this year’s model. To see what’s new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Ford has released a series of good-looking cars with excellent mileage lately. But whether it’s the too-cramped Fiesta interior or the sluggish transmission on the Focus, these otherwise spectacular mainstream vehicles have had a few serious flaws.

The redesigned 2013 Escape is different: No matter how hard I looked, I couldn’t find anything significantly wrong with it.

A duo of new turbo engines offer better performance than the... Read More