2014 Escape

2014 Ford Escape

2014 Ford Escape

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Ford Escape?

2014 Escape

by My 2014 Escape from Imperial, CA on Mon Aug 08 2016

I traded my 2005 Escape XLT for a 2014 Escape S. Even though my new Escape is the lowest category, it has the most important thing--Cruise Control. It also has the basic tech package and backup camera. I got this baby with 17900 miles so it still feels and drives like new. The seats are manual but very comfortable. It fits 5 people and it has leg room in the back row. I am very happy with this acquisition.

BEST SMALL SUV ON THE MARKET!!!

by LSUGirl from Denham Springs, LA on Thu Jul 24 2014

Where to start? My husband bought me the FWD Titanium with 2.0 engine and ecoboost. I absolutely love it! With a very smooth but zippy ride, the excape is sooooo much fun to drive. The interior is very nice. I love all the "bells and whistles", too. The My Sync feature is so convenient. Media screen(nav, backup camera, and radio display) is of very nice size and quality. Unless you have a lead foot, you will get great mileage. I am averaging 24 city/32 highway. Engine power is not an issue. This thing can't wait to take off! As far as size, well I am 5 feet tall and my husband is 6 foot 4. We both feel very comfortable in the driver seat! You get a lot for your money!

Great Value

by Looking for the Best Deal from Des Moines, IA on Mon Feb 10 2014

I compared the new Jeep Cherokee to the Ford Escape Titanium. My last SUV was a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and I love the brand. However, I was surprised when I compared the two on exterior looks, interior style, features, technology and performance to find they matched up nicely. The huge difference came in the ultimate price. With a lower MSRP, Ford incentives, and dealer incentives the price was 15-20K less, for what I perceived to be very similar vehicles. I've been driving my new Ford Escape Titanium for a couple of weeks and Love It!

Pleasantly Surprised

by joeboy33 from Pensacola Fl on Thu Jan 23 2014

I've always been a Ford person. I normally drive pick up trucks but I decided to buy something I could get in and out of more comfortably and also get better gas mileage. I test drove the Escape S base model and fell in love with it. Even on the S model it has a back up camera and SYNC which I have fallen in love with. I bought my 2014 the first of October and have put close to 9000 miles on it in just 4 months. It is a blast to drive and I'm getting on avg. around 28-29 mpg. I have been more than pleased with the performance and quality of this vehicle. I opted for the 2.4 non turbo 4 cylinder which has plenty of power and very little difference in gas mileage from the 1.6 turbo model. This car has far exceeded my expectations.

Great Vehicle

by Jdeer76 from Roanoke, VA on Mon Sep 16 2013

I've had the 2014 Escape AWD SE for almost two months now. Has over 1500 miles and so far has been great. Great looking car inside and out with best tech package in class. Have seen lots of complaints about MyFord Sync but have not had any problems with it. I found it easy to use and reliable. My phones sync up quickly and making calls using voice commands works great. Driving is a dream. Very quiet ride and super smooth over most roads. I average about 23 - 24 mpg in mixed driving. Only have minor complaints, one is that with my daughter's booster seat it is difficult for her to buckle herself in since its a little tight width-wise. But my kids love the leg room and the plug charger and back seat vents.

ecoboost engine rules

by American Made from chicago IL on Thu May 28 2015

I love the ecoboost engine. Great power! Great gas mileage! Sleek vehicle! Comfortable and stylish!!

First Time Ford Buyer

by dfisc from Charlotte NC on Tue Dec 03 2013

Bought this vehicle after reviewing and test driving the Honda, Hyundai, Toyota and Mazda. Felt that this was the best choice based on comfort and packages for the money. We went directly through the dealer and got a better deal than the deals offered on the interned by the same dealers.

Escape 2014

by diana from Leominster MA on Fri Feb 21 2014

I am enjoying my new escape. This is my second one. I owned my first one for 11 yrs. If I had to make recommendations I would recommend a rain guard over the front doors. Even if the window is open a little the water comes in right on the window controls. Its been a very snowy February and I have weathered the storms. Good performance in the snow. I would recommend this car.

Stylish

by Worker Bee from Pascagoula, MS on Sat Apr 26 2014

I have the Ford Escape, Titanium series. Initially, thought I would prefer the Ford Edge but after driving the Ford Escape, find that it fits me both style wise and comfort. Love using Phone SYNC, can talk hands free. Grandsons love the electronics and the ambient lighting.

I like it

by MrsT from Vallejo, CA on Sun Feb 07 2016

My 2014 Escape SE 2.0 is a nice little vehicle. I am a small woman, so the seats, foot wells, and dash design fit me very well. I still struggle with a couple of blind spots in the front cabin, but that just makes me a bit more cautious. Love the rear camera with parking assist. I wish there was an interior hatch release, but with all that it does have (SYNC, nav system, nice audio system, 2 USB ports plus an outlet, comfortable seats both front and rear), it's great. I'm looking forward to towing my pop-up trailer with the factory installed Escape tow package, although I do wish a 7 pin harness was provided instead of the 4 pin. I haven't owned a Ford for decades, and I'm very happy with this one.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33

Our Take on the 2014 Ford Escape

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2012 about the 2013 Ford Escape. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Ford has released a series of good-looking cars with excellent mileage lately. But whether it's the too-cramped Fiesta interior or the sluggish transmission on the Focus, these otherwise spectacular mainstream vehicles have had a few serious flaws.

The redesigned 2013 Escape is different: No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find anything significantly wrong with it.

A duo of new turbo engines offer better performance than the competition, the interior is roomy... Read More