2006 Expedition

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Designed for People

by Studebaker from lanexa, VA on March 12, 2012

Originally wanted a Tahoe, but couldn't find one with the pricing I desired. Turned to the Expedition out of frustration and am glad I did. The Ford does not look as sporty as the Tahoe, and averages 1 mpg less, but its third seat is made for adults on even long trips. Also, the second and third seats fold flat into the floor for great carrying capacity. Bought this with 97K miles, but the big 5.4 engine is strong, quiet, and should last well past the 200K mile mark. I'm averaging slightly north of 17mpg on trips, even with 7 passengers plus bags. Given the mpg, I wouldn't have this as a daily driver if I had long commutes, but as a second auto, it's terrific.

My all Time Favorite

by TonyBegonias from Brunswick, Maine on November 4, 2010

I purchased this vehicle brand spanking new in 2006 and drove it until 10/2010. I put 83,000 miles on this vehicle. At times I babied her and at times I drove her hard. Through ALL of this, this vehicle has managed peak performance and reliability. Towing boats, carting around 8 people, carrying golf clubs fishing poles AND my girlfriend.... comfortably. My expeditor did all of these things! I had the eddie bauer edition with heated and cooled leather seats DVD system backup sensors, and these features were incredible and the vehicle was incredibly cozy. In my time of ownership I replaced an alternator and got an alignment, aside from that I never had any issues.. This is hands-down the best vehicle I have ever owned!

Best truck i've owned

by Ford Truck Lover from Elizabeth,N.J. on October 20, 2007

I have owned this 2006 Expedtion Limited for almost a year and a half and have had ZERO mechanical or quality control issues,all i have done is change the oil. I love everything about the truck from the design to the fit and finish.also i have the navigation radio and although touch screen would be easier,it works fine for me and is very accurate and worth the money i paid. The truck accelerates and handles very good for a truck of this size.gas mileage is what you can expect from a large truck.This is a great truck that will last you many years and miles.I have driven from New Jersy to Florida twice and would not want to drive any other truck including a toyota or a nissan.

over 3 yrs and no trouble!

by seg from auburn, WA on February 16, 2010

we bought this car with 11,000 miles and have driven it for over 3 yrs it handles great on the road, the beach and the snow. W purchased a extended waranty and I now think that it was not necessary..

Nice truck with plenty of room

by Love my Expedition from Houston, Texas on August 3, 2014

I brought my 2006 Eddie Bauer used with 56K. I currently have 137K. Fits in my garage and has plenty of room for teenagers. Only major issue was the tune up at 100K. The motorcraft spark plugs have broken inside of the engine and had to purchase the extraction tool to remove three. Also on my third set of tires, Michelin Tires. I recently took a long trip from Texas to Iowa, and the vehicle drove like a dream. I received 16.5 mpg and had to gas up three times on the trip. It's a SUV, so what do you expect. I transported six teenage girls and they had a ball! After the fifteen hour trip, they all said it wasn't that bad. I believe it was the comfort and the ride of the vehicle. I'm trying to keep my Expedition until the wheels fall off. If your gas conscience, reconsider. But if you want comfort, power, and versatility, this is your vehicle.

Ride of choice

by Franklie from Dallas, TX on October 10, 2009

I have over 100k on my 03 Road demon and It keeps on rolling strong. I use it for family hauling or like a truck with out any weight or cargo size limitations. When I get tired of the dash I'll be getting another EXPEDITION!

Love it! Purchased it again!

by Expedition Lady from Cincinnati, OH on January 6, 2013

I now own my second Expedition. I was in an accident for the first time and felt safe and was not injured. Loved it so much the first time I purchased another. We utilize every bit of it. I love the comfort and how protective it is. Cup holders galore! I always have a full vehicle (8 people) and everyone is comfortable. Plenty of leg room in each row. It is so reliable that we purchased our second one used with 100,000 miles on it. Yes, I said 100,000 miles! Runs like it is brand new. We are rough on our vehicle with children, sports and camping. It always accommodates our needs. Love the electronic fold down seats in the rear. Our last one was manual and it wasn't bad but the electric fold down seat are a treat! Valet lights provide lots of light at night to get to your vehicle. I trust the Expedition.

The best car for long trips!!!!:)

by Sports,trips,ect...... from Miami,FL on December 30, 2006

Everithing in it is perfect!!!:)You can do anything in it even if is used it looks like if it was knew.I think the best color is the black one for the ones ho like to have their cars clean.Well this is the best car in the world so go ahaed and buy it now on Cars.com

Best car ever

by CardsFan on September 22, 2017

I love this vehicle, most reliable car ever. Great for the whole family.. Ford is a great brand to buy.

Big and strong and comfy

by BJT76 from Columbus ohio on June 21, 2017

Always love the expedition. Not had a lot of troubles except for coil packs and spark plugs. Very spacious for families! Comfortable to drive and easy to park despite its size.

1 2 3 4