2012 Expedition

2012 Ford Expedition

2012 Ford Expedition

Have you driven the 2012 Ford Expedition?

New Expedition replaces older Expedition

by Sunny Boy from Canon City, Colorado on Thu Oct 25 2012

Unfortunately my last Expedition, a 2005, was totalled after hitting a deer in Wyoming. I searched for a new vehicle looking at GM, Chevrolet, Jeep and Ford Expeditions and when it was all over decided on a brand new Ford Expedition XLT 4WD with the big engine! There is simply no comparison to the other vehicles. The Expedition stands out in room, comfort, appearance, size and road handling. I use the vehicle both on and off-road as I did the 2005. And mileage, of course, is great with the new guy! I get 21 mpg on the highway (except of course if I'm going head on into the Wyoming wind!)

Good Purchase

by Expi from Massachusetts on Mon Jul 08 2013

I am totally satisfied with my purchase through Cars.com.I upgraded my 2005 Expedition to a 2012.I could feel the difference immediately,really nice, smooth drive. The hood is slightly shorter than the older model and has more of a Truck finish. The front grill on this newer model looks strong, fully chromed , great bumper and front lights.The interior is sweet,sunroof,nicely laid out dashboard,additional controls on the steering,making it more user friendly. The overall paint finish is superb with the gloss and metallic fillings.Thank you Cars.com for making your site so easy to navigate and I would also like to say Thank you to your Customer Service Dept. for allowing me to advertise my Trade-in, at really short notice.Thank you.

Best SUV for the Money

by SUV Must Driver from Harper, Tx on Sun Aug 26 2012

This Ford Expedition is the coolest SUV I have driven after having owned other big SUVs. The air-conditioned seats are a must-have in the south! The automatic fold-down split third seat and power lift gate are extremely convenient for anyone. The Sync system lets me play my iPhone music, call people with touch free activation, and will even give me directions! The interior styling with sunroof is awesome! I would definitely recommend this SUV. Smoothe riding! Feel like a queen of the road as it is nice and high up. Exterior is a little boxy looking but otherwise I love this SUV!

Second Expedition and still happy!

by Huck from Wyoming on Thu Oct 30 2014

The 2012 XLT is our second Expedition, the first, a 2005, was wiped out after hitting a 'wet' doe at 55 mph. We immediately added a steel grill guard before driving it! The vehicle handles great, it climbs the passes just fine, has great pickup when passing on the highway and the gas mileage is very acceptable at about 19 mpg on the highway, 17 in the city. Have taken it out in the sticks looking for wild mustangs and in the gumbo of northern Wyoming. It is white and shows dirt so I wash it frequently. Will be looking for another Expedition in about 2016 or 2017 as long as the V8 is offered.

Very happy!

by Thor from Middle, IN on Wed Sep 06 2017

I've had this vehicle going on 2 years (purchased used), it is quiet, comfortable, performs well (within reason). We have taken it on several vacations and extended trips loaded to the gills with either people and/or equipment and it has been an admirable performer. We have 4wd, power back seats, back up cam (very valuable on a vehicle this size), and leather interior. Based on our experience I'd highly recommend this...buying used though may be like a box of chocolates...test drive and know what you're looking for.

Most comfortable vehicle I ever owned

by Outdoors Fanatic from Harrisburg, PA area on Fri Jul 19 2013

This vehicle is extremely comfortable with the room it provides for seating and hauling. Heated/cooled seats, moonroof and great entertainment center add to a pleasurable ride. We do towing and this vehicle came with the heavy duty tow package. It is the best vehicle I've found on the market to get the job done.

Great family vehicle

by AliE on Mon Jul 24 2017

We needed a vehicle that would handle our three kids, their gear and our dog plus tow a camper. This vehicle handles all that and more in a stylish way, easy to handle and safe! I feel very comfortable driving it anywhere and even parking it in the tighter areas. Definitely recommend this vehicle!

Expedition

by hawkeypierce from Kettering, OH on Thu Jun 14 2018

This car has great towing capacity. There are only really two SUVs that can tow over 9000 lbs, The Ford Expedition and the Nissan Armada. I was looking at both closely, just happened to find a better deal on the Ford. Also the Ford has air conditioned leather seats, so win!

Uses car for Towing

Exactly what I was looking for

by RobbK from CORTLANDT MANOR on Tue Feb 20 2018

Wanted a better tow vehicle for my RV trailer but didn't want a pickup. Factory tow package rates ability to tow up to 9000 lbs.

Loved it again!

by Repeat Expedition Customer from Portland, OR on Wed May 30 2012

After putting 210,000 trouble free miles on my 1999, Expe, mostly pulling a 4,000 pound boat, I'm now driving a new 2012 Expe and it's everything the old one was and much, much more. This car is solid and refined and dependable. I hated to see the old car go when I sold it, but the new owner has phoned me twice to thank me for passing on such a great vehicle - and he paid book for it!

1 2 3