2006 Ford Explorer

Traded one Explorer for another

by from Los Angeles on March 30, 2012

I have driven a Ford Explorer since 2003, when I purchased my first one. It has been such an all purpose design for me that I practically live in it. I am constantly on the road with it. It is great for hauling (I do swap meets), travelling (I've driven from Los Angeles to the Arctic Circle and back), and just plain luxury driving in great comfort. It easily transports from 1 to 7 people. My previous Explorer lasted for 185,000 miles and still no engine problems. I have great expectations for this one too. So far, so good! Get one!

best value found for explorer

by from Phx AZ on January 30, 2010

We just purchased this 2006 explorer, found on Cars.com. It was with a dealer who offered a lower price on line that the window sticker showed on his lot. We did our homework, and so were prepared to buy the car we wanted when we knew we found one for the right price. We were pre-approved with our credit union, the the cost was lower than the wholesale price listed at the credit union, so our interest rate was the best offered. I'll buy this way again, next time I need a car....excellent way to shop, compare, and to get the best value for the exact car we wanted.

Explore Eddie Bauer 2006

by from Detroit, MI on April 15, 2013

I purchased this truck one month ago April 2013. I am the third owner. The truck still looks and runs like a brand new truck. Smooth ride. Gas millage not too bad. It had 101,500 miles at purchase. I can't wait to take it on the road. Love It.

Love this vehicle!

by from Spokane,WA on April 12, 2015

I just purchased my 06 XLT 3 months ago with 86k on it. The vehicle is in great shape, super clean inside and out, quiet, comfortable, stylish for the year. Overall I enjoy everything about my explorer. It is the XLT but it does have some extras that most did not come with standard on the XLT. I have the back up sensors, 17 inch rims, 3Rd row seating and the grill is the same as the limited edition. It's a random package but maybe someone ordered it this way when they purchased it new.

Reliable and a comfortable ride

by from OH on December 31, 2013

I only had a radiater issue which seems to be a common problem, other than that I have not even replaced the brake pads yet, I have 76K on this. I was lucky with the radiater issue also since the dealer was very nice and gave me good ammount of credit which I believe he said he got from Ford and acknowledged the issue with the Radiator.

Explorer Review

by from Bel Air, MD on February 21, 2010

Purchased a 2006 Explorer V-8 Limited with 32,000 miles. Roomy, comfortable seats, and smooth ride.

Overall a great vehicle.

by from Rocklin, CA on April 2, 2009

We have owned our fully loaded 2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer for 3 years now and have 37k miles on it. It has been very reliable and the only thing we had break was the electronic third row seat. Ford took care of it and I just had to pay $100 for repair since my warranty was up. We bought this vehicle because they were dealing so low on the big SUV's. MSRP was $44k and they gave us $10k off sticker price for it brand new. We had a 2002 Mustang before this which is now owned by a family member and no problems at all with that car either. I'm starting to think Ford makes a decent car now.

Great Ford Explorer for the Price

by from Catonsville, Maryland on July 15, 2010

Averaging about 17 miles per gallon. The car was very clean and runs very well. I would recommend shopping for an extended warranty on the internet before going to the dealership. Otherwise a good shopping experience.

very pleased

by from AR on September 24, 2010

Found my low-mileage...superbly clean Ford Explorer on cars.com. Don't know that I've seen a used car this clean before and am very happy with my purchase.

2006 explorer

by from Chesapeake va on September 22, 2013

Nice SUV minor details that were quickly corrected by the sales manager. Like the mileage with the 2wd. Will look for this sales manager when buying our next car.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Ford Explorer