Read or write a review.

4.2
Average based on 42 reviews

Traded one Explorer for another

by from Los Angeles on March 30, 2012

I have driven a Ford Explorer since 2003, when I purchased my first one. It has been such an all purpose design for me that I practically live in it. I am constantly on the road with it. It is great for hauling (I do swap meets), travelling (I've driven from Los Angeles to the Arctic Circle and back), and just plain luxury driving in great comfort. It easily transports from 1 to 7 people. My previous Explorer lasted for 185,000 miles and still no engine problems. I have great expectations for this one too. So far, so good! Get one!

Bulit Ford Tough

by from winnipeg mb on February 2, 2012

This car we bought used with 60,000km on it and know we have 160,00km on it and it barley ever has had problems we drive it eveyday and it always starts first try. We use it to tow our quads around and we have taken it offroad before to pull them out before. the truck doesent seem to quit

Reliable and a comfortable ride

by from OH on December 31, 2013

I only had a radiater issue which seems to be a common problem, other than that I have not even replaced the brake pads yet, I have 76K on this. I was lucky with the radiater issue also since the dealer was very nice and gave me good ammount of credit which I believe he said he got from Ford and acknowledged the issue with the Radiator.

06 Explorer

by from on November 18, 2008

I leased a 2006 Ford Explorer from november of 2005 to 2007. It was comfortable and I felt safe driving it. I live where there is snow and it goes through snow unbelievably and is heavy which makes a person feel better in ice and snow conditions. Overall it handles well and has a nice tight steering that allows for the feeling of total control of your vehicle.

Overall a great vehicle.

by from Rocklin, CA on April 2, 2009

We have owned our fully loaded 2006 Eddie Bauer Explorer for 3 years now and have 37k miles on it. It has been very reliable and the only thing we had break was the electronic third row seat. Ford took care of it and I just had to pay $100 for repair since my warranty was up. We bought this vehicle because they were dealing so low on the big SUV's. MSRP was $44k and they gave us $10k off sticker price for it brand new. We had a 2002 Mustang before this which is now owned by a family member and no problems at all with that car either. I'm starting to think Ford makes a decent car now.

very pleased

by from AR on September 24, 2010

Found my low-mileage...superbly clean Ford Explorer on cars.com. Don't know that I've seen a used car this clean before and am very happy with my purchase.

2006 explorer

by from Chesapeake va on September 22, 2013

Nice SUV minor details that were quickly corrected by the sales manager. Like the mileage with the 2wd. Will look for this sales manager when buying our next car.

Explore Eddie Bauer 2006

by from Detroit, MI on April 15, 2013

I purchased this truck one month ago April 2013. I am the third owner. The truck still looks and runs like a brand new truck. Smooth ride. Gas millage not too bad. It had 101,500 miles at purchase. I can't wait to take it on the road. Love It.

Great Ford Explorer for the Price

by from Catonsville, Maryland on July 15, 2010

Averaging about 17 miles per gallon. The car was very clean and runs very well. I would recommend shopping for an extended warranty on the internet before going to the dealership. Otherwise a good shopping experience.

Explorer Review

by from Bel Air, MD on February 21, 2010

Purchased a 2006 Explorer V-8 Limited with 32,000 miles. Roomy, comfortable seats, and smooth ride.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Ford Explorer