2008 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

$26,495–$30,125 MSRP range
side view of 2008 Explorer Ford
Explore the 2008 Explorer Ford
Shop the 2008 Explorer Ford

Both a classy ride and a workhorse.

This car is easy to drive, great visibility and comfort, but also a workhorse for towing and hauling with a large cargo capacity. I've had three now.

4.0

Great size for a family

I use this car for both a work vehicle and shorter trips as this is our alternate car. I like being able to pull small trailer s and being able to haul smaller project building materials. Tons of room for family trips.

Great SUV for the price

This is our 2nd Ford Explorer, Eddie Bauer edition we've owned. Great SUV with all the bells and whistles of a Jeep Cherokee for 1/2 the price. I recommend at least test driving and see what a safe, fun vehicle it is.

4.0

Great truck

Very reliable, never had any issues with it. Great for the snow, hauling things. Gas guzzler You feel safe when you drive it. Nice features plenty of cargo room.

Nice Car

Really like car. Looks good rides and drives good. Wish I had researched a little more have seen cars same year model and mileage a little cheaper

Good reliable car

This is a great car but i need more room for my family. I have 3 kids and 2 of them are in carseats and it is a very tight fit in the second row seats.

3.0

Don't do it!

I bought my Explorer with only 72,000 miles on it. The truck looks great, is comfortable, and has 3rd row seating. I took this to a mechanic and had it checked out, they were iffy and I probably should have taken a hint by his tentative answer to "would you buy it" because I put less than 1500 miles on it and the trans is gone! Don't get lulled into buying one because "the price is great" (as I did). The transmission in this vehicle is total junk! Every tow truck driver and auto mechanic I have spoken with since seems already to knows this. If you must buy a Ford you should look to the Expedition or simply buy something else. Very, very disappointed.

good reliable car

pa one owner,drives great,good comfortable vehicle, has new Pa inspection,4x4 system works well,has no rust,great everyday driver.also would make a good first time vehicle. the vehicle has no issues

Owned for very long; worth it.

We had this car from 2008-2017 and it has been such a good car. There has been no major problems At all, if not any. We have had very good experience with ford products since we've owned fords since the 1990s. Recommend to all.

4.3

Very Clean. Well taken care of.

Great SUV. Rides nice. Very clean and well taken care of. New tires bought in October of 2018. Oil changed every 3k/miles and tires rotated every 7k/miles.