2008 Ford Explorer

great styling suv family vehicle

by from on September 2, 2017

just picking up but dealer is thoroughly checking all systems out before delivery Hope it lasts as nice as it looks
Not Rated Reliability

Wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

by from Graham, NC on August 24, 2017

This has been a great car for our family, full DVD entertainment and navigation make long trips much more reasonable.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Explorer for a Teenager

by from danvers, ma on August 2, 2017

This is my mother's car however I take it out as a new licence driver. I like how it drives although it is large and hard for me to park in. Breaks are incredibly sensitive which is what I like when driving cars. The car has a good sound system and an aux cord which is a must have for drivers my age. The car has a lot of capacity which means that it can hold 7 people at once. Perfect car for big families.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

10 years and still going strong

by from Evans GA on July 29, 2017

It is a good reliable work horse; you can feel safe on the road and it will get you where you want to go.

Nice first for a teen

by from IN on June 21, 2017

I really like the Explorer. The only downside is bad gas mileage. My son is seventeen and really likes it. He is wanting different car that gets better gas mileage.

Fantastic

by from st petersburg, fl on April 17, 2017

Why didn't I get one of these sooner! I love it! Great comfort and plenty of room. I can take this camping AND to work. I will always have a ford Explorer!

Worst ever

by from Maryland on August 12, 2016

We purchased this Ford Explorer for my son. It had $46,000 miles on it now 4 years later and $8000.00 in repairs later. We are trading it in. We are on our second radiator and have had the transmission replace and various other repairs do on it. It only has 86,000 miles on it. This vehicle sucks. Buyer beware.

Do not buy 2008 ford explorer

by from Illinois on November 16, 2015

I bought my 2008 Ford Explorer brand new off the lot with 3 miles on it and have always done the recommended service on the vehicle. At 55,000 miles the starter and electrical system went out, at 60,000 miles I had to replace the radiator which cost $700, the heater went out at 80,000 miles which cost $200 to fix, and now at 85,000 miles the transmission needs replaced and I was quoted $4,000. If I had bought the vehicle used and was unsure of the upkeep I might be able to understand but since I bought it brand new and know that all of the upkeep was done I'm just really disappointed in Ford. I've had Fords in the past that I've loved but not this one.

Great SUV

by from Pawleys Island, SC on November 2, 2014

I bought my Ford Explorer Limited brand new in 2008 from Beach Ford in Myrtle Beach, SC (Great Service as always). I drove my Explorer to 143,000 miles and traded it last year for a 2013 Ford Fusion (huge mistake). At 100,000, I wrecked my Explorer and had pretty much all of the front end replaced (hit a tree head on). After the wreck, things began to go wrong with the transmission, which is why I traded it. However, had I not had the accident, I would probably still have my Explorer. It was a great car and I miss it dearly!

Disapointed

by from Missouri on January 1, 2014

The truck was a 2006 v8 Explorer. Maintained as manufacture suggested. I had it from 24k mile to 73k miles. I love Ford vehicles, but here's the problems I had out of normal wear. Break problem, speed sensor covered under warranty. Radio, no display, covered under warranty. Left rear window stopped, covered under warranty. Rear end seal, $200.00. Front and rear wheel bearing out at same time, $900.00, stay away from high water. Transmission computer out. $2700.00. I liked the truck when it worked but way to costly to drive, it's gone now,