2015 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

Explore the 2015 Ford Explorer
Shop the 2015 Ford Explorer
1.0

Dissappointed

I had to replace my water pump. They kept my car for a week. Also the armrest on the driver's side split. There should be a recall on this. Worst car. Since I had my car back it just isn't the same. Runs rough and they tell me it's normal

Very nice vehicle

I swore all of my life I would never buy a Ford. Once I brought my F150 Harley, I loved it. Which made me eager to but this Explorer for my wife and daughter. We are now a FORD FAMILY.

Smooth reliable comfortable suv

It drives really smooth & easy maneuverable vehicle,JAZZ SINGH STAR AUTO HELPED ME PICK IT OUT & it drives great,I’m so pleased on my purchase I’m glad I decided on the Ford Explorer

4.0

Extremely Reliable

This is is a super good car never broke down for the 6 1/2 years that we owned it. The plastic components in our car are like falling apart (Probably because we have 3 kids who are really good at breaking stuff) but its not bad. In some SMALL areas the paint is starting to bubble but on the newer models ford has fixed this problem. We have used it for off-roading and let me tell you ITS VERY CAPABLE. Also in my opinion it looks nice.

Great 3rd Row TRUCK

So far my favorite own, ever. Plan to keep this going a while. Then go get another. I really do enjoy it. The styling, the performance, the whole package.

Good car

So I bought this Explorer from the Ford Dealership used a couple years back. It had 36,000 miles on it and now has around 68,000. The car has been a good car. It is 2 WD and has a V-6 in it. I also own a 2002 Explorer. 4 WD and a V-6. Issues: the 2015 gets about 12 MPG, the 2002 gets around 22 MPG. Seems a bit off being the newer one should get better fuel economy with the newer technology and its only 2 WD not 4 WD. Both cars have poor leg room. I am 6'2" I have the seat all the way back and I have to lay one leg against the console. Due to way I have to hold my legs around 2 hours into a trip I am in a lot of pain in my knees and my hip. Also when I floor the 2015 its like it jerks the steering to the right or left as if it isn't too stable under the front end. The 2002 has the rear hatch that lifts as well as the 2015 but the 2002 will also allow you to just lift the window part of the hatch and not the whole hatch. Otherwise both are great cars as far as dependability.

Have only had it a few day's

This car meets all our needs. We like the looks of it and it drives great and rides very good. Plenty of head room and leg room. The interior is great.

Explorer

This is the third Explorer we've owned since 1992. They just get better every year. Easy to drive and very comfortable for a long trip.

My first SUV and I love it!

I have really enjoyed owning my new Explorer. It has lot's of room and great styling. Been fantastic and enjoyable. Finally towed with it this past year and it did an amazing job.

1.1

Worst car I’ve ever owned NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS

Piece of crap for 26k been on a loaner more than half the time I’ve owned it. Problems after problems, and I still continue to make payments PIECE OF CRAP!!