2016 Ford Explorer consumer reviews

side view of 2016 Explorer Ford
Explore the 2016 Ford Explorer
Shop the 2016 Ford Explorer

My cat

The vehicle meets al my family needs. The vehicle was within my budget. The vehicle was well maintained. The interior was we’ll kept. Love it !

This car fits all my family needs

The car meets all my family needs. We were looking for something bigger and reliable to take on trips. We are happy we our purchase. We our enjoying our new vehicle.

2.3

dead at under 100k

Bought this used from a Ford dealership. Rolled over 60k just after purchase. Within first 4 months, the YAW sensor went out. I was told It's something that should never go bad, especially under 100k, well it didn't and Ford refused to cover it. Repair bill was just over $1000. Issue #2 started around 9 months after purchase, no heat. Issue, leak in the water pump which is nestled right in the middle of the engine. I was told it was likely a factory defect, Ford should cover it....Ford would not. Repair estimate was at least $1500 for labor. 3rd and final issue, electric steering failure. Thank goodness it did not happen while I was drivingbut I noticed the steering felt odd, very touchy. The next morning, steering completely dead. If I was driving, I have no idea what I would've done, you literally CANNOT steer at all. Repair estimate roughly $2500+. Again, not typical at under 100k but Ford won't cover. Ford definitely lost a loyal customer after this money pit.

BEST Upgrade I Have Gotten!!

This vehicle is everything iv wanted and MORE! I showed up to the dealership with a price range I wanted to stick by & wanted the ability to get a vehicle that had a 4X4 button to drive through the weather in the winter. I was not only able to get these two things from my purchase but also came with lots of extra bells and whistles

Extremely satisfied so far

Very comfortable,very smooth and quiet ride and has all features I was looking for. It was clean even under hood. Owners manual and both keys present and wipers were even replaced before I left lot.

Love this car!

This car has seriously been the best I’ve owned yet. I am only interested in selling bc we need one with middle bucket seats now. Very smooth. Very reliable. Safe suv.

Most comfortable car I’ve ever had

I’ve never loved a car more than I love this car. I never thought I’d get rid of my Jeep but I’ll never go back now.

Most luxurious car I’ve ever driven

I love the features on my new (used) Ford Explorer. A+ for comfort, tech, appearance....I can’t say enough about my new explorer. Smooth, quiet ride - tons of safety features

One of the nicest vehicles we have bought.

Great vehicle, strong and maneuverable. Pulls my large deck boat or RV without issues. Really comfortable out on the road. Decent gas mileage too! I am no a Ford person but I am impressed with this one.

Love my car

Great car fun to drive. A different color than all the other explorers. kids are comfortable and plenty of room for family and luggage and dog.