Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2000 F-150

2000 Ford F-150

2000 Ford F-150

4.4

Have You Driven the 2000 Ford F-150?

f 150

by scootertrash from seattle on Thu Mar 08 2007

very good truck overall .........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love my "Tonka Boy!"

by FordFan from Atlanta, GA on Tue Oct 13 2015

We bought our 2000 Ford F150 XLT Triton 5.4 V8 (affectionately known as Tonka Boy) to tow our motorcycle trailer to a rally halfway across the country because our '97 Ford Explorer had 300k miles on it and we didn't want to push our luck. . The F150 is a standard cab and had 106k miles on it when we bought it in June of 2010. It currently, October of 2015, it has 171k miles on it. In the past five years, we've replaced a water pump and alternator. That's it! It runs STRONG!! Sounds AWESOME ... the previous owner put Flowmaster exhaust with chrome 3" tips! Yeah baby!! It still feels tight and is very comfortable. I love it!! . My only issue with it is the limited space in the cab... especially on long trips, can't recline. Since our other vehicle is a 2-seater as well, we are in the process of looking at 2001-2003 F150 Super Crew Lariats. We love the body style of that model year and are very pleased with the reliability and power. Oh, and the gas mileage for a V8 is WONDERFUL!!! The F150 actually gets better gas mileage than the Explorer which is a V6!! That was a pleasant surprise! [Just as a side note, the Explorer still has the original engine and tranny and we've had no major issues .. well, except the door locks. They've been a pain in the butt for the past year, but heck, the truck is 18 years old! I am the original owner!] Gotta LOVE a FORD!!! . Back to the F150, it's such a strong truck, we've decided to keep it in the family even after we purchase the Super Crew.

Terrific truck

by Steve from Ozark, AR on Sat Aug 29 2015

I read lots of reviews before I went looking for a truck. I knew I wanted a Ford F-150 in this year more or less, with around 100K miles. Found one with 130K, or rather it found me. Long story. Had to replace the Y heater bypass connector, rear main seal, and the intake manifold mounts. Well worth the work and $$. Runs great now. Exceptionally dependable. 20mpg with V6 engine. Southern truck with no rust. Should last me as long as I have a truck. Love it, and it does everything I need a truck to do.

Original Owner for 18 years!

by Eddie in VA from Yorktown, VA on Wed Jul 19 2017

I bought this F150 XLT 5.4L new in 2000 for $28K. Added a Procharger in 2002. Used truck on and off road for farming. The only major repairs were to replaced ball joints, in tank fuel pump, and valve cover gaskets after the truck was 15 years old. Now in 2017 at 165,000 miles the engine has the same power and response as it had in 2002.

Uses car for Off-roading

F150

by bodunk2k from Dallas, TX on Tue Apr 10 2012

Good truck - I had it for 12 years from new to 92k it was fine for me. It is real familiar the 1-2 k a year comment. The ball joints gave out which I have never had happen before. Finally a engine seal began to leak and decided made more sense to trade than start down that road. The 4.2 was decent enough - had some speculate that it was a mazda engine maybe that explains the engine seal. Still not sure about the ball joints. Other than this it was normal maintenance but after 12 years it was starting to show it's age.

Most reliable truck I've owned

by rejoiceandbeglad from Rural Hall, NC on Fri Jun 15 2018

I owned the 2000F150 for 13 years and honestly had almost no issues with it at all. I kept up the routine maintenance and it ran perfect. Also the most comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. Very thick cloth bucket seating was more comfortable than my couch. I had a V6 manual transmission that was a lot of fun to drive and had very adequate power to get up to speeed on highways. I used my truck for hauling all kinds of things so I could be a do it yourselfer on the weekends. The truck was 2 wheel drive so it was not good where extra traction is needed but that's normal for trucks.

Never a problem

by Belga from Reno, NV on Thu Mar 09 2017

This truck is the best vehicle I've ever owned. Although I'm sure regular maintenance has helped, this truck has never had any problems. Always dependable, it's towed our motorcycles over the Sierra countless times, hauled everything from firewood to flooring and has always delivered. The V6 has enough oomph for a 1/2 ton truck and the manual transmission helps to get the most out of it while maximizing the MPGs. This is Truck truck.

Great truck to own!

by Luscious from Nokomis, Florida on Thu Jun 29 2017

I bought it new 17 years ago and have never had a problem. Always reliable, never a problem, always capable of doing what it needs to do as a truck.

Great Truck

by forever in ford trucks from Milford, pa on Mon Oct 03 2011

I bought my f150 used with 65000 miles on it. it had 250000 when i sold it to move up to an f250. I am now going back to the f150. It is a great truck. The 5.4 triton is very strong with plenty of pulling power for towing my boat. It has a comfortable ride and I am looking forward to getting back behind the wheel of these trucks

the best truck ever

by ford4life from texas on Sat Jan 16 2010

i bought this truck used with 140,000 miles in sept 08 and have put 40,00 on it with no problems at all i drive in the mud snow dirt pavement and even where there are no roads i put this truck through heck is just the xl with the 4.6 v8 and 4x4 i will never sell this truck

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2000 Ford F-150

There are some crazy people at Ford Motor Co. who spend careers trying to figure out how to turn ordinary cars into hot rods and pickups into rockets. They are members of the company's Special Vehicle Team, and though they labor in a corporate world, they seem remarkably lacking in restraint—at least in terms of any holds on their imagination.

Witness their latest work—a hot-looking, hard-running, neck-snapping special F-150 pickup truck.

It's the 2000 F-150 Harley-Davidson, distinguished, among other things, by being the first production vehicle ever built by Ford with 20-inch wheels.

The idea is to convey bigness, power, muscle, grip—a theme reinforced by the truck's strategically bulging... Read More