2011 Fiesta

2011 Ford Fiesta

2011 Ford Fiesta

4.0

Have you driven the 2011 Ford Fiesta?

I love this car

by NorhLoudspeaker from Herndon, VA on Sun Feb 06 2011

I have an SE model with the 6 speed automatic. I also have the Sync system. The car is giving me great economy. I drove to Cincinnati, Ohio from Washington, D.C. using only one tank of gasoline. I live 20 miles from my office. I am able to drive back and forth to work for under $4.00 per day. This is at gasoline prices of $3.00 per gallon. The Fiesta handles great on the road. While the car isn't exactly a pocket rocket, it does extremely well on long drives. I have had no problems the Fiesta in any weather and encountered no defects. The only source of disappointment is that the wheel covers are cheesy. I love the Sync system. The voice recognition is sometimes not 100% and provides some entertainment in its ability to get confused. I have found the layout great for making calls in the car and I have used every feature more than I would have ever expected. I use an Android phone which is very compatible with the Sync system. I am able to play Internet radio through the bluetooth system. I am now able to control Pandora Radio directly through the Sync system as well. The Fiesta is a small car. The back seats are small and the trunk space is limited. However, as a vehicle to get back and forth to work, this is a great commuting car. The ride is comfortable and reasonably quiet. So far (4 months), the car has been quite reliable

I can't believe THIS CAR!

by MUSTANG MAN from on Tue Apr 12 2011

I never ever wanted a small car. We have owned many, many mustangs, Caddys, Ecscapes, vans, etc. etc. But when gas got to 3.50 a gallon, and no end in sight, and with inflation ready to take off...we wanted to spend some cash while its worth something NOW and bought a bright green Fiesta hatch, 6 speed auto. WOW, I cannot beleive how awesome the overall fit and trim and feel of the car is. You have NO IDEA you are in the cheapest Ford made.... We have driven the car about 2,000 miles and we average 38.1 MPG almost no matter how we drive. That is usually about 65% CIty, 35% Highway, The cars looks is growing on me as I am a MUSTANG MAN From way back ( I still have my 05 Stang..Thank GOD for that too) Downside...no armrests, and the backseat is smaller than I would like..but 97% of the time we are not hauling others...just me or my wife. Anyhow, we have had ZERO probems or concerns so far. We also go the heated seats. We live by Cleveleand, so trust me...we need the heat. Overall I and my wife and anyone who has test driven this car can't believe it is entry level...This is homerun, and with gas prices just today going up to 4.83 a gallon nationwide, I fully expect you will be seeing more Fiestas crowding the highways and bighways...and that is a good thing. FOrd is really jacked and going in the right direction across the board.

wonderful little car

by EX VW TDI Fan from Sr Louis on Fri Sep 17 2010

I was looking to buy a VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI. Unfortunately All the VW dealers in St. Louis area suck big time!! Fortunately, once I decided that I am not buying the VW, I discovered the Fiesta. This car is TINY, but with a lot of luxury features. I was looking for a car that will give me a great gas millage, and in the Fiesta I found one! The car is very agile, and soak the pot holes with ease. The interior is quite upscale with very comfortable front seats. I LOVE the multimedia center, called SYNC. It comes with 2 years of traffic reports, news and weather. The doors are very solid, and feel like doors of a much much bigger car. The whole chassis is SOLID, and makes highway travel very quiet and comfy. The dealer was very accommodating, and was not a liar like the VW ones. The biggest minus for me, is the lack of center arm rest. I do not haul people, so the small trunk and back seats, are a non issue for me. If one needs more room in the back, wait for the 2012 Focus.

This is a great car!!

by My Fiesta :o) from Fresno, CA on Wed Aug 25 2010

I have had my car for 3 weeks and have put 3,000 miles on it...thus far it has exceeded my expectations. I am getting an average of 40 mpg (running the A/C the whole time) and many of the features are great. This little car was affordable and is packed with features. Things I miss from my other cars that the Fiesta does not have: a center armrest, volume control on the hands free set up on the steering wheel and a center armrest. All of these things I will adjust to though. Overall, great car!!!

Reliable Car

by Tom from Birmingham, UK on Mon Sep 13 2010

I live in the UK where this version of the Fiesta has been out for a couple of years already, and I have owned mine since early 2009. My one is a 3dr hatchback with a 1.6 and 5 speed manual gearbox. It's quick (especially around town) and does 40mpg. I've covered just over 98,000 miles and the engine is fine. The car feels as good as new, and there are no faults to report yet. I hope to keep this car for a while as it has been far better than I had expected for a car in its price range. Excellent value for money!

Perfect mix of quality & price!

by Dirty Blueshirt from Imperial Beach, CA on Sun Mar 27 2011

I've owned my Fiesta for 6 months now. Overall, I'm highly impressed. At 6' 4", the Fiesta is surprisingly roomy, with the height-adjustable seat and telescoping steering wheel. Performance is on par with cars in its class, maybe a tad better with the 6-speed Automatic. Pop the transmission into "L" and get an extra punch of acceleration when you need it. I do a lot of stop-and-go driving on my 10-mile commute, and I can be heavy on the gas pedal as well. Despite this, I get (at worst) about 30 mpg. Closer to 40 mpg on strict highway driving. Comfort is great, with surprisingly well padded seats. There's no armrest, however my arm naturally rests on the shift lever or e-brake lever without any discomfort. Sound level is great, there's no tinny buzzing from the engine like you'll get from other cars in it's class. Features are amazing for it's class as well. Fully loaded with every option will set you back about $22k, but what you get for the price is fantastic.

Reply for Judy from Sacramento

by JerseyDriver from Northern, NJ on Wed Sep 17 2014

Hello, I just read the review written by by JUDY from Sacramento, CA | June 30, 2014 She wote that she spent Spent $3k on clutch parts and transmission repairs. I too had an issue with my 2011 and found out that it was covered due to an issue with the PowerShift 6 Speed Automatic Transmiission to exhibit excessive transmission clutch shudder during light acceleration. It was covered under Program 14M01. They replaced the Clutch Asy. Here are the labor codes listed that they covered: AE8Z7007A, AE8Z7B546E,EV6Z7052B and XT11QDC. I hope this information is usfull.

Good Fuel Economy & Fun to Drive

by New Fiesta Owner from Aurora, IL on Sat May 07 2011

This is the first Ford I ever owned. I purchased it because research conducted pointed to this vehicle as best overall for what I was looking for (something with great fuel economy, that was fun, comfortable and had some style). So far, I have not been disappointed. The fuel economy is better than advertised with the six speed automatic. Performance is very good considering its a 1.6 liter engine. Handling is very good.Build quality is as good as any other vehicles in this class. Overall, I am quite happy with the Fiesta, it is living up to all the good reviews I read before purchasing it.

Very Nice car, excellent fit and trim

by Happy in Ohio from Springfield, Ohio on Sun Mar 27 2011

We love our Fiesta. We were tempted to buy a used Prius, but are so happy we went with a new Fiesta. We have the 5 speed manual transmission which shifts very smoothly, and engages perfectly. Averaging 42.5 MPG with mixed driving! Fit and trim is perfect, everything feels solid. Great overall value!

So Far So Good

by JBC from Florida on Tue Oct 25 2011

Purchase the 2011 Ford Fiesta,very good car so far getting around 41 miles per gal hwy The car is very smooth on the open highway Had a oil warning light come on at 4,000 miles Computer message said oil change soon Found answer in Driver,s manual in how to reset the oil warning message ,very simple to take out message , insert key in ignition, press brake and gas pedal at the same time keep both pedals down turn ignition to on position without turning the car on wait 60 seconds release both pedals ,the oil warning light should go away after you turn the ignition off and than back on. Everything else is great so far.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Our Take on the 2011 Ford Fiesta

Ford says the Fiesta is Europe's best-selling car so far this year, but there hasn't been a U.S. model that has carried that name since 1980. What's more, America is not Europe, and despite an uptick in entry-level models, our tolerance for the tiny car remains in doubt. Ford wagers this: The new Fiesta is nimble and fuel efficient, sharply styled and well appointed. But in a segment where some competitors have managed to fit big room into a small car, this one remains cramped.

In effect, the Fiesta has plenty of sizzle — but you'll have to give up some space. My prediction? America is about to get a little more European.

With a manual or automatic transmission, the front-wheel-drive Fiesta sedan... Read More