2010 Flex

2010 Ford Flex

2010 Ford Flex

Have you driven the 2010 Ford Flex?

Ford Flex is rolling.

by Ron from Fontana CA on Mon Nov 30 2009

We purchased our 2009 Flex brand new in Nov 2008. The ride is really good. The second row of seats is very large. The excelleration for a wagon is good. My wife loves it. We would buy another one in a heart beat. Great job Ford!

Love it!

by Strawman from on Thu Dec 23 2010

2010 Flex Limited I've owned for 16 months. Great overall, gets tons of compliments on its looks, kids' friends love it. Sync is GREAT, stereo and navigation are superb. I have the second row captains seats, great legroom here. Beware, if you have the second row bench it doesn't move forward ( the captains seats do) so it leaves little legroom in the third row. I don't have Ecoboost, wish I did. Overall, very, very happy.

Overall awesome

by Ohiocarguy from Ohio on Thu Dec 12 2013

I've always been skeptical of reviews written after a few weeks or months of ownership. Our 2010 Flex Limited was purchased in Feb 2011 with about 16000 miles on it. Wife needed a bigger car for her business and we both kind of liked the funky look of the Flex. Now with 60000 miles I couldn't get her anything other than a Flex. The space and comfort is amazing, outstanding features, great towing capacity, averaging 22-24 MPG and the on road handling is amazing for a 5000 lb vehicle. Just replaced the original tires and other than oil changes this thing has been as reliable as what it looks like - a brick. We have owned over 100 autos of all types, this is the best ever. I don't understand why more of these aren't sold. At least I can find mine in a parking lot full of ovoid shapes.

Completely enjoyable

by Forty from Lawton, OK on Wed Jun 08 2016

6 year old vehicle (2010 model) with over 120000 miles but still runs like a dream. Great ride and great exterior design. Inside is comfortable. The only negative at all is the interior design versus space availability. I wish they had some better system for making more space with folded seats but I have a large family with much to pack for long trips. For the average family this should be a phenomenal vehicles for all to enjoy. Controls for SYNC and all other bells and whistles with the touch screen system took a while to figure out but have been flawless and extremely useful. This is by far the nicest vehicle I have owned and most likely the best value for what I bought.

All the comeforts of Home-ly.

by Mikey from Minneapolis, MN on Tue Jul 30 2013

I'm 6'5" 215lbs.... This vehicle is PERFECT. I'm a "function first" person....I want things to do their job well...appearance is important but function is first. I get 20mpg from a super comfortable, very quiet, spacious machine that can carry 6 people comfortably or converts quickly to a big time cargo hauler. The Flex is kinda 'homely' looking, but its an outstanding machine.

Excellent ride for tall guys

by FLEX Finatic from Radford, VA on Mon Feb 04 2013

I normally do not leave reviews, but I feel like I had to on this vehicle. During a month long car search, I sat in at least 15 SUVs/minivans, drove 4 of them. I'm 6.6" tall and I could not fit in any of them! Very frustrated, I started looking into bigger SUVs such as the Flex. When I drove it, I new right away it was for me. I've owned it for about 2 weeks and love it. Plenty of power that I need, room for more passengers with seats all the way back in the front, lots of room for the golf bags. More importantly, plenty of room for ME! Purhcased the SE model, had enough bells and whistles on it for me. Would like to see more on the road, I can't see why someone would pay more for an Explorer which I also drove and had less room in it. It was nice, but again, why pay more for less? Unless you need the 4WD. Definately check out the FLEX. You won't be dissapointed, especially if your tall looking for a comfortable ride.

LOVE MY FLEX

by COOL GRANNY from SOUTH EAST PART OF NEBRASKA on Fri Nov 12 2010

I ALMOST DIDN'T EVEN LOOK INSIDE A FLEX AS AT FIRST DIDN'T LIKE THE OUTSIDE SHAPE - BUT ONCE I TOOK AN INSIDE LOOK AND DROVE ONE - I WAS IN LOVE! EASY IN AND OUT, COMFORTABLE SEATS, EASING LOADING & UNLOADING GROCERIES. HAVEN'T HAD THE GRAND KIDS IN IT YET BUT I THINK THEY WILL LOVE IT TO. GAS MILEAGE IS AS PROMISED - AND EVEN BETTER BUT I KEEP IT AROUND 60 MPH!

Everyone should try a Flex

by Car Enthusiast from Annapolis MD on Sat Jun 04 2011

Bought my Flex Summer of 2009. Over the past 21k its been from Annaplolis to westen NC countless times and on many day trips all over Maryland. The Flex is a fantastic road trip car with a POWERFUL 12 speaker sound system, an above avrage 3.5 V6, great space, and fantastic MPG. Currently we are getting 18.4 in 85% city driving. If more people would give the Flex a try it would be extremely popular. Its a cool minivan with slightly enhanced towing (4,500 lbs compared to the Odysseys 3,500lbs.) I would buy the Flex over and over again its so comfortable and has deicent steering for a large car. The Flex is for you if you have one or two kids, never go off roading, dont tow much or at all, need extra space, or are bored with minivans. Features to get are probily Sony sound, ambient lights, vista roof and if you can afford it Ecoboos although the base engine is far more then aduquate and can spin the tires of the FWD model easily.

Wow!

by Central Cali Coast from Santa Maria, CA on Thu Jun 07 2012

After out-growing our Pathfinder, I did a LOT of research for a replacement. Came real close to buying a Traverse. Then, on a whim, I test drove the Flex. I was blown away by the ride, comfort, and features. My skeptical wife was too. It's been a year and 14,000 miles now and we LOVE this car. Driving 70 mph on I-5 or the 101 and getting 26 mpg! Our Pathfinder got 17. Our kids love the headrest DVDs and we love the quibbling they prevent. The ONLY regret (by me, not my wife) is not getting the Ecoboost. Maybe next time...if there is one. However, for 90% of the people out there, the standard motor is plenty powerful.

Flex is the total package

by BigLewInNC from Apex, NY on Tue Oct 04 2011

I did tons of research to find a good replacement for our 2002 GMC Envoy, which was a real lemon. She noticed the Flex but we were afraid to buy American again. But the reliability is good, and there is no better car with the room, 3rd row seat, etc. It's terrifically roomy, and the Limited is absolutely loaded PLUS we got blue with the silver roof which is beautiful. The Microsoft Sync is awesome. I am 6'4" and I am very comfortable, AND I kid you not, the Flex is quieter than my Jaguar. Best car we have owned. Period. 22,000 miles and no problems at all. great technology.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2010 Ford Flex

With the addition of a turbocharged engine, the Flex crossover is a rare vehicle: a go-fast people-hauler. The EcoBoost scoots off the line around town and makes quick work of highway passing. The question is, does anyone need this sort of performance from a family car?

Probably not. The non-turbo Flex moves quickly enough, as do most other crossovers. But if you don't mind paying an additional $3,000 for the EcoBoost engine — there's no accompanying gas mileage penalty — it certainly can't hurt. The Flex is far from perfect, but even base versions of the model offer a few compelling reasons to choose it over other three-row crossovers. The EcoBoost Flex adds one more: It's flat-out quick... Read More