2010 Focus

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

Surprisingly Good

by El Segundo from Lake Ronkonkoma, NY on May 21, 2010

Thought it was a good car; that's why we bought it. Turns out to be a very good car. Pleasure to drive & it handles real well. Power is good, however, a 6 speed auto would greatly improve performance. We got the SE Sedan with Sync, cruise etc. Looks very nice in cream white. Best of all, we got a good price & a $2500 rebate on top of that ... it was a steal. We looked at the foreign competition & they were thousands more. You gotta be nuts not to buy American.

This car is amazing!

by Proud Ford Owner from Houston, TX on June 27, 2010

This is the first new car I've bought and boy am I glad that I got a Focus. This thing is fast and agile. The ride is smooth and it corners really well. I can take a sharp curve at 50, no problem. The power is more than enough to win some street races. It has good acceleration on hills or at freeway speed. One problem though is that it will redline pretty easy. The Tach redlines at 7,000 RPMs and it'll get there in a hurry. It gets about 33 MPG which is a must with todays gas prices. I've owned this car for about 7 months now and haven't had any problems. I have driven this car very hard and it doesn't seem to mind. The sound system is great and I love the SIRIUS radio. I don't really like the way it's styled on the exterior, but most people seem to like it. I love the racing type gauges in the cluster and the center instrument stack is beautiful, especially at night. The seats are very comfortable and overall, it's just a nice car. I originally wanted a Fusion but the dealer insisted that I test drive this car and I'm glad I did. It's a fully loaded, fast, and economical car at a great price.

Very Satisfied So Far!

by Leah421 from New Mexico on September 29, 2010

I bought this car almost a week ago. While it's a little early to be reviewing things like reliability, I can say that so far I'm impressed. I initially went to my local Ford dealership NOT expecting to be interested in anything they had, because normally I am a Toyota and Honda enthusiast... my last car was a 1996 Honda Accord with 150,000 miles and repairs were starting to come a little too often.. so I decided to shop around. Anyway, it was between this car and a 2011 Ford Fiesta. While I liked the Fiesta, it felt a little too cramped. When I test drove my Focus SE, my only complaint was that the interior was a little boring. However, after seeing all the features it had (Sync, USB adapter, auxilary input, cruise control, and a good sound system) I decided to go with the Focus rather than the Fiesta. While I don't LOVE the interior, it's definitely nothing to complain about, and when driving at night it's a lot more interesting due to the light blue lights on the speedometer, etc. The ride is really smooth. Driving long distances isn't bad at all. You can be going 75 mph and you don't feel like you're going that fast. Car can merge/pass without a problem. The only thing I have noticed is that if I suddenly have to gas it while on the highway, you can hear the engine working and the RPMs go all the way to 5. Still, my average MPG has been 35 on the highway, so I'm not complaining. The Sync system is cool but a little hard to master, especially the voice commands and navigating it with the buttons. I am slowly learning, though. Today, I was reaching empty and I put 15 dollars in my tank, and that gave me half a tank of gas. Pretty good, I'd say. I also got a $3000 rebate on this car, which made it an even better deal! I would recommend this car to others.

Beautiful Car

by Nice Little Old Lady from New Jersey on June 18, 2010

We leased the fully loaded showroom model, which is a big plus for this car, because some Focus' are stripped down, and don't retain their re- sell value. Leasing is also a good way to save money because the payments will be lower, alowing you to get a fully loaded, brand new car. The car handles beautifully. It is a dream to drive. It's like riding on a cloud. The all leather, interior, is smart and attractive. The sound system is superb. There is a lot of sound separation, giving you a great, crisp sonic experience. It also has the feature to attach your ipod for even more listening enjoyment. You can also synch your phone for voice command, hands free communication. I find this to be a great safety feature. Gas mileage is great. You will drive forever between fill ups. The four cylander engine is great for gas mileage, but it has the pickup of an 8 cylander. I learned this when I had to quickly get out of the way of an oncoming car. A more sluggish 4 cylander would have caused an accident. The 2010, fully loaded, Ford Focus, is the best car I've ever owned.

Wow. This is a FORD?!

by Carsalesman from Orange County, CA on October 7, 2010

Ok when you have experience as a carsalesman and work directly with service shops you know which cars to stay away from and this one is a great car and does not require shop time as often as other makes. I wont repeat what others have said about comfort, reliability, safety, value, etc so I will just say that if you look at the consumer reports guides and read all the reviews you can no longer look at these cars the same way again. This will be my commuter car and one day my future children's car. It's that good. Watch out, Toyota and Honda!

Good, Solid Car for the Money

by Old Red 1 from Westchester, NY on January 30, 2010

Having driven many cars and trucks over the past ten years, I am very impressed with my new Focus. It rides like a bigger car yet holds the turns like a small, sporty car. It feels solid and well-built overall, as have most Fords I have driven since 2000 or so. During my test drives, it was the handling and comfort that caught my attention. Once I sat down and saw the features (anti-lock brakes, traction control, stability control, alloy rims, spoiler, fog lamps, Sirius radio) I was getting for the money, I was sold. Closest thing I have to a complaint is, I wish it had more power. But that doesn't mean it's underpowered; I have no problems on hills or passing, just that the hot rodder in me knows the car would really take off with 20 or 30 more horses under the hood. That being said, you can't argue with 25 mpg around town and 36 mpg highway, which is what I'm getting already! Overall, I am very happy with my new Ford and expect it to enjoy it for a long time.

Love My Ford

by Black Velvet from Glen Spey NY on February 3, 2012

I love my little car. Nice leather seats, great mileage. Handles well. I only have one thing I did not like about this car. The Tires Are Terrible. Once I put new tires on my car, the car handled much better. I really feel that for a new car I should not have to purchase 800 dollars in new tires. The first year, it was terrible in the snow because of the tires. This year it is great. The trunk it roomy and has split seats. I have a moon roof and all the extra's. LOVE IT. I would recommend this car to anyone. Not made for a family. It is roomy but I don't know if you would want kids in the back. The car is very comfortable. I take long trips to SC and I do not have any trouble with my back. (sitting for a long period of time)

Safe / Economical

by Jack from san francisco on August 20, 2010

The gas mileage on my vehicle is probably closer to 26 miles a gallon then 35, but then again I don't spend much time following the arrow on the dash that tells me when to shift gears. The gears in this vehicle are extremely low. 4th gear is great at 35 mph! That said, the vehicle provides a lot of traction and there are a lot of hills in San Francisco, sometimes quite wet. Side styling could have used a little creativity but it's said to be able to withstand an impact. I am not happy with the way the rear end is put together, it's taking some getting used to. You can't see much of the car behind you when you are backing into a parking space. I guess I will develop a feel for it in a year.

Best car to date that I've owned

by former lover of SUV's only from Cleveland Ohio on July 7, 2011

I have never been a fan of small cars. I traded in a Dodge Durango for my Ford Focus. It wasn't love at first sight, but I love it now. It's great on gas, easy to handle, and has a sporty look. I'll never buy big again. A real value!!

Focus

by Focus Owner from Alexandria on May 6, 2010

This is a great car with great fuel economy. I get about 30 mpg. If you want something simple and affordable, go with the Focus. It's got sporty looks, even on the base model and 140 HP on a 4 cylinder is not too bad a giddy up.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10