2003 Taurus

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

great car

by teacher of kids from Thumb area, MI on March 30, 2011

We are buying our second one. It will be for our kid. We keep minimal insurance on the cars it saves us thousands over life of car. the "new one " now has 205,000 miles on it. Its worth the risk. I expect another 50-60K from it. we have a 1999 also. It is AMERICAN MADE.

Best car I have ever owned

by makmatt from Chicago Illinois on December 21, 2010

I have owned a good number of cars in my life and the 2003 Ford Taurus is the best car I have ever owned. I purchased it used with under 24,000 miles and it was previously a rental car. I really never took care of this car; going extended miles between oil changes and never followed routine maintenance and this car has never failed me. It currently has 160,000 miles and I would drive this car anywhere. For two years I had this car in storage while I drove a company car - and when I went to start driving it again; all I had to do is put a new battery in it. (The company car broke down three times during this period) I will drive this car until it can not go any more and then I will buy another one.

Good Car for Daughter in College

by Fairfax Dad from Fairfax, VA on November 5, 2011

I wanted to find a safe, reliable car for my daughter to take to college for her Junior year. I wanted the car to last relaibly past her graduation (2 yrs away). I got a Taurus because they have good safety and reilability ratings in owner review. We got an 03 with 71 K milew. One month after buying it we drove it 3000 miles to her college in California. We enjoyed the smooth, comfortable ride, roomy interior, great air conditioning, and nice sound system. Advantages of this car: - Roomy interior - Nice ride - Reputation for reliability - Easy, less-expensive repairs (my daughter cracked a tail-light backing into a dumpster, and was able to get a replacement inexpensively over the Internet and then replace it herself.) - Inexpensive purchase cost compared to other cars Disadvantages - Weak performance from Ford V-6 - Transmission is not smooth - Column-mounted gearshift is clunky.

I love the 03 Taurus, so I bought 2

by T Man from Green Bay, WI on February 20, 2009

I bought my first 2003 Ford Taurus when it was 2 years old and had 60,000 miles on it. My family was so satisfied with it that we bought another one. Their both SE and Black. Their twins literaly. Theres no difference whatsoever. Both cars have over 100,000 miles. One car has 10,000 more miles than the other. They both are very reliable. Never have any problems with them. I do ell me own work on the car as far as maintenance goes. If one car has a problem, eventually the other car will have it too. But its a minor problem. Its kinda nice to compare these cars. If I count my relatives, my family owns a total of 6 Taurus's.

Greatest Car Ever Made

by Taurus Enthusiast from Green Bay, WI on November 9, 2012

I have owned my 2003 ford taurus for 7 years now, and have had zero problems with it. My car is the most reliable one I've owned, and is extremely comfortable to drive.

2003 Taurus is a good car!

by RIck from Brighton, MI on December 30, 2009

I bought the 2003 Taurus SES brand new off the lot for around $16,500 out the door. It now has 109,000 miles on it. Overall, a very good value for the money. It's a reliable family hauler with a moon roof, kickin stero(Mach system) and good trunk space. Overall highway is 27 MPG(acceptable). I've had a few minor problems with the vehicle such as the passenger door automatic lock doesn't work anymore(I just push it down), and the 02 oxygen sensor broke in the engine compartment(I replaced it myself), easy fix. Other then that, I've had no major problems or repairs, so my overall value and cost to me is very low. I'd recommend this car to anyone on a budget that wants a solid automobile. (I'd like to buy the new Taurus, but there is nothing wrong with this one, so I'll probably keep it another few years............)

I LOVE MY 2003 FORD TAURUS SES!!!

by Love My Taurus! from Raleigh, NC on July 23, 2012

Talk about getting your money's worth.... Got my '03 Taurus in late 2003, used, with 20,000 miles for $13,500 compared to the new 2004s that were on the lot for $25,000. I've had a few minor repairs here and there, can't remember what all for, and I go through brakes like it's nobody's business but that's not the car...it's my rammy driving. :) I have had no major problems with this car whatsoever. My dad and husband take very good care of everything under the hood (which, obviously, helps prolong the life of my baby). She just turned 150,000 miles and still running strong, getting about 22 mpg to work and 28 mpg on road trips! It's been paid off since 2007, so I've had no car payment for 5 years and no major repair bills. It's been a dream. I always hear people bashing Fords but my parents have a 1999 Ford F-150, my sis has a 2001 Ford Escape, and my other sis has a 1988 Mustang and a 2005 Ford Fusion and they're all still running great! Put a little extra attention under the hood, and they'll last you a loooooong time. :)

Most reliable vehicle I've ever seen

by Joshua from Washington DC on April 28, 2014

Comfortable car with many outstanding features. Mechanical services were done periodically and with warranty. Excellently kept car and clean from outside to inside. Low mileage and has four brand new tyres. You can drive this car at least for 10 Yrs with peace of mind!

Great value for the money

by Monty from Montreal, Quebec on February 23, 2007

Our 2003 Taurus SEL is a third car to a Lincoln LS and Ford Freestyle. The 3.0L Duratec engine (also in the Freestyle) is a reliable workhorse that won't disappont. My 2003 SEL Premium came loaded with convenience and luxury appointments that would make anyone happy, particularly at the price. Reliability has been excellent in Canadian weather where temperatures can vary from +30C in the summer to -30C in winter.

Most reliable and affordable car I have purchased

by Dorie from Indianapolis, IN on March 20, 2009

The Ford Taurus is really the perfect car for someone who is looking for reliability at an affordable price. My husband and I both own Ford Taurus'. It, along with an 01 Chevy Impala are the only cars that really have not given us any trouble. They are good looking cars too! You can by them used and if you take care of them, they will last you. They are American made too!

1 2 3 4 5 6