2013 Ford Taurus consumer reviews

$26,700 starting MSRP
side view of 2013 Taurus Ford
Explore the 2013 Ford Taurus
Shop the 2013 Ford Taurus

This is the best car I have owned.

This baby has it all. The "All Wheel Drive" is no joke. When we had our first snow I was the only car moving. And the remote start was the cherry on top. Having my car warm or air-conditioned was perfect. And I love the Bluetooth connection and navigation system. This car does not disappoint.

3.0

Very upset

I loved it I have always wanted one I had a parent pass away and received inheritance I actually went out and bought this car for $17,000, 3 years ago 2013 Ford Taurus pretty much all loaded I've had nothing but issues with it that are very concerning issues recent one is the windshield leaking at the top literally pouring down into my car as if it was raining outside have put a lot of money into it in the last 2 years very very upset for the money I paid for it

2.9

Gave American a chance and disappointed.

What is everyone on here drinking? I bought this car used with 63k on it, to which I've aded another 30. Interior: For such a large sedan the rear is rather cramped, and the console between the front seats is very bulky. All the bezels are also very bulky and reduce visibility to the point of annoyance, all the windows just seem narrow. The touch screen is placed in such a way that even I, a man over 6ft with unusually long arms, still has to reach for it. Maintenance issues: About 20k miles into ownership, the engine water pump blew, which ended up costing me 2k to repair. Afterwards, I found out that this is a known and common issue with fords. How is that even legal? Should there not be a recall for an issue this expensive and common? The A/C condenser also went bad, and, though I've replaced it since, the A/C still has to run on absolute max power to be effective on hot days (80+ deg). It's cold air output is just sub par at best. I've had to upgrade the headlights to LEDs because the stock ones were atrocious. I'd be driving and couldn't even tell they were on at times. The water pump for my windshield has gone bad, and I've had to replace it. Still, the windshield wipers make one dry pass before it pumps water onto the windshield whenever I activate them. Whenever I play anything with base, the door panels rattle worse than a bag of bones. I've had to remove them and place sound dampening sheets all throughout to fix it, and still I detect more rattling here and there in places I find hard to pinpoint. On the positive side of things; a very smooth ride, and noticeably quiet cabin. Acceleration is good, though the transmission is a bit unresponsive at times. The car, especially in black, has a very classy appearance to it for which it has gotten more than a few compliments, particularly after a good wax.

4.0

Comfortable Car

Car meets all my needs. Love the AWD and the leather interior. Also GPS which I never had before is great and with the large screen and sound make it very functional.

4.3

Amazing Performance...except for the fuel system

I really didn’t care for the original Taurus SHO but the current styling and performance caught my attention. Only downside is the fuel system failures.

Most bang for your buck

This car surpassed all my expectations. I've been looking at this car for years and to finally own one I'm completely left speechless everytime I hop in and take off.

Very Comfortable

Great driving car, just have difficulty seeing out side window on turns and VERY hard to see going up and down hills. Comfort ride, great gas mileage but interior design is very compact and claustrophobic. Back window is HUGE from outside, but reminds me of VW Sciaraco, which SHRINKS the view once behind the wheel. Great looking vehicle, plenty trunk space and doors open wide and comfortably.

3.1

TOO MANY PROBLEMS

I PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE IN 2014 WITH 17000 MILES. IT SEEM LIKE EVERY YEAR IT HAS MORE AND MORE PROBLEMS OUTSIDE OF WEAR AND TEAR. THE LAST 5 MONTHS I HAVE SPENT $3500 ON THE CAR. NOTHING TO DO WITH BASIC MAINTENANCE. CAR ONLY HAS A 117000 MILES AND HAVE THE PROBLEMS OF A CAR WITH 300000 MILES. ALL THE PROBLEMS HAVE BEEN POWERTRAIN RELATED. I PURCHASED THIS CAR BECAUSE THE TAURUS BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME AND THE OLD ONES ARE STILL ON THE ROAD BUT NEW ARE POORLY MADE. DO NOT BUY . PLUS SOME OF THE PROBLEMS CAN ONLY BE FIX AT A FORD DEALER WHICH IS PRICEY.

I love my dependable car!

I love my Taurus and I am extremely happy with the choice I made. It's worth every penny paid to be safe and not about being broke down on side of the road. It has exceeded my expectations!

4.4

I love this car

This car has been way more than I ever expected and more we have been all over the country in it and no problems, it the best