2017 Genesis G80 consumer reviews

Explore the 2017 Genesis G80
Shop the 2017 Genesis G80
2.9

One $9500 repair should steer you away from any Ge

You only get one chance to make a real impression. Purchased the car due to the perceived value. The cat sure have beautiful styling and some nice luxury features at what seemed a good price. As a prior owner of a 750li, this was a sight step down in comfort and performance. The wheels fell off this when I was handed a $9500 repair bill. In 8 years of owning my 750, the sum of all repairs and maintenance didn't surpass this one bill. Was it an engine, no. Transmission, nope. The over paid and obviously undereducated engineers decided that locating a plastic box that contains electrical components low on the vehicle and not protecting it from road debris would be a genius idea. To make this idea even more genius, one of the engineers said, "let's connect this part that will get damaged to the power steering rack. So when this fails the owner will have to spend even more money to replace the rack and this magic box.". The 3rd engineer, being smarter than the other 2 said, "I really like both of your ideas, but these genius thoughts need one more enhancement. Let's make it so when the box cracks and allows water in, that it damages the main computer." All 3 engineers then looked at each other, laughed, and said, "A happy (F)un (U)ndetwear to all people that purchase this vehicle. Bottom line, I'll never look at another Genesis after this one.

Love it!

Had the time to test drive everything else in this class and decided on the Genisis G80 AWD and I’m thrilled. Luxurious classy and loaded. I’m 6-3 and fit very comfortably in the drivers seat as well as in the back seat. My car has the premium package. Vented and heated seats, nice leather, real wood trim. Massive sunroof. It’s a joy to drive.

4.4

I just bought a used 2017 Genesis G80 :) :)

So far, after just 1 week, the used car is wonderful. Cannot rate reliability yet. Missing 360 degree camera view. Otherwise has every other safety feature out there. Driving is a true joy. My mpg on the highway is just over 30 according to the dash. Please remember to get a pre purchase inspection and be wary of some huge dealer fees.

Great luxury car at a reasonable price

Great car with the most beautiful performance and luxury features. Prior owner of Mercedes and Porsche and others in luxury class all pale by comparison

3.6

It’s the most unreliable car that I have owned

It’s the most unreliable car that I have owned Subject to unpredictable loss of power on four occasions which can be very dangerous when pulling into traffic on the highway or leaving you stranded. I would not buy this car again.

Incredible for the money

Easily the best car I’ve ever owned. It is my fourth Genesis. And I will buy another one. Beautiful and comfortable with plenty of power

Best car I’ve ever owned

This is the best car I’ve ever owned. I love everything about it. It’s reliable, stylish, dependable, roomy, sporty and I get compliments on it all the time

Hidden gem

Replaced a C300 that was a good car with ridiculous service costs. I miss the star on the hood less and less every day I drive this superb luxury car! Value and content reminds me of when Lexus introduced the LS400 in the 90’s. This is truly class-leading without the price tag, and I actually like driving a car that I don’t see all day long on the roads. Well done, Genesis!

Great value

Best example of entry-level luxury out there. Easily comparable to MB and BMW. Don't know about Audi. With virtually every accessory and safety option available outthere it can be bought for well under $50k. Trying doing that for any mid-sized competitor.

Genesis has a foothold on luxury

Genesis has done their homework on how to make a luxury automobile. Each feature has been refined and not made complicated unlike others I have owned or considered.