2017 G80

2017 Genesis G80

2017 Genesis G80

Have You Driven the 2017 Genesis G80?

What a Great car - the other Luxury Brands better

by NCDad from on Mon Mar 06 2017

This was an excellent upgrade from an already very good Hyundai Genesis 2012. This is a bigger, more luxurious and better made car. I looked at the Tessa,Jag and Lexus and this is no doubt the best (not just for the money). If you like the "Name Cache", then this is not for you - but if you are smart and value your money and want a great car - this is it. Bought the 2017 G80 with the Premium package and it is perfect. The safety features and the Tech set up is perfect. Only thing Genesis needs are dealerships which should happen in 2-3 years, until then the 3 year free maintenance and Service Valet (they come to your house or work to exchange your vehicle for a loaner) will do fine. You will be surprised on how great this car is - take it for a spin!

If Reliability Matches the Rest of the G80, I'm IN

by J.M. in the A.M. from Allentown, NJ on Fri Mar 17 2017

On my test drive, I noticed how quiet and smooth riding the car was. But what can you tell with a test drive. I originally told the salesman I didn't need to test drive it. I'd read enough to know all I need to know. Well, since the test drive, I've become more enamored with the car. Quiet and smooth-riding, yes. But just about every option and safety feature you could imagine. If you need the Audi rings on the grill, or the three pointed star, that's your problem. Try the G80, you'll like it!!

Getting Closer To The Leaders

by JPC from Danbury CT on Tue Apr 04 2017

The gap between Audi A6, BMW 5, MBE 350 and the G80 is getting smaller. The G80 isn't on par with these other machines, but the value is better. So as Genesis closes in, more and more buyers will move to the South Korean brand.

CEO

by Bill from Lexington, MA on Tue Jun 06 2017

The Genesis is comparable to a Mercedes or BMW that I tested, with more features / options for a much lower price. This car outperforms others in its class, without paying an outrageous price for all the comfort and features. I would recommend this car definitely

A Great Luxury Car that is Affordable to Own

by Dave from Milwaukee, WI on Tue May 30 2017

This is my very first luxury vehicle. Looked at Acura, Cadillac & Lexus and decided on the 2017 Genesis G80 AWD. A fantastic vehicle to drive. Very comfortable with all the technology you would expect to find in a luxury vehicle. The Genesis has no trouble competing with the other luxury brands I tried and for a much smaller cost. The ride is outstanding along with a very strong V6 engine. The one thing that I do not like like is the design of the front hood. It makes it difficult to park this vehicle because you really cannot see parking lines very well.

Genesis G80

by fox from Florida on Sun May 07 2017

Before I visited Hyundai, I had three year old BMWs 528, and Infiniti Q50. For the sake of interest, I decided to try a ride on the Genesis G80. Do not believe it, but I was shocked at how much the G80, by all the qualities, wins before my cars that I have today. In a couple of days I trade BMW and Infiniti for to G80s.

Superior Luxury Alternative

by MartyK856 from Philadelphia, PA on Thu Nov 09 2017

I was a prior Audi (S5) owner, who was looking for a more economical (both up-front price and maintenance) alternative in the luxury or near-luxury market. I looked at Audi A4, MB E- and C- class, BMW 5-Series and Lincoln MKZ. I happen-chanced by the Hyundai/Genesis dealer and decided to go in. I'm glad I did. I test-drove the Genesis G80 (3.8L V6), and was immediately attracted to the car. Solid build, luxurious interior, a multitude of electronic and safety amenities and a whisper-quiet ride blew me away. Although the car's acceleration performance was far below my S5, and marginally less than a BMW 528 or MB E350, I was willing to make that trade-off when I looked on the "Pro/Con" list of all the cars. I was intent on getting all the latest safety features (blind spot monitoring, auto-adjusting cruise control, lane assist and active accident avoidance), which were STANDARD on the Genesis G80 and either not available or a significant $$$ upgrade on the other makes. Included 3-year maintenance, 3-year valet pickup/drop off and an overall better warranty were also factors. My ultimate price was very economical for what I got, and I would have paid up to $10,000 - $15,000 more for a roughly comparable Audi, MB or BMW. I've had the car for 2 months now, and I'm NOT regretting my decision at all. The car is a joy to drive, with great steering performance, and reasonable pickup in Sport Mode using paddle shifters. The Lexicon 17-speaker 7.1 surround sound is OUTRAGEOUS for an audiophile - although the low bass performance could be better, I've never heard a crisper and more delineated mid-range (classical music and jazz primarily). The safety features are welcome, and luckily I've not needed to test the active collision avoidance! Overall, I sacrificed performance/acceleration for an affordable luxury that I'm enjoying very much... with $12,000 more in my wallet.

My G80

by ddg52 from Lakeland, Fl. on Mon Mar 06 2017

Very nice ride, a lottsa bang for the buck. Great ride, top notch features, easy to use the features and would recommend to anyone.

Great value!!

by DKTL from Onalaska, WI on Sun Oct 22 2017

I got a higher level of performance, styling and features than any previously owned Cadillac at an significantly lower price. Meaning a $50K Genesis equals $70K Cadillac.

Very nice car for the price,economical emissions.

by Phantom black. from Example oregon on Tue Aug 07 2018

The car is constructed on a solid chassis,with sound support and a balanced frame .I believe the vechicle is a good edition for advancement in the future of technology coming.the interior is somewhat stiff and could have better quality in the comfort and construction.The handling is about a 4.2 on the scale.The suspension is somewhat off as far as road handling dynamics.I know the electrical system and the wiring components could be routed better based off of the blueprint.overall the car is s good for the purchase price I. Would highly recommend the car for any car enthuist who is into cats and a well constructed vechicle.

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2017 Genesis G80

The verdict:

The Genesis G80's value is its greatest appeal, with safety technology, its generous warranty and complimentary luxury services at a lower price than its competitors.

Versus the competition:

The G80's driving experience trends more toward comfort than engagement, which may turn off luxury buyers who want more performance potential from their luxury sedan.

Hyundai's fledgling Genesis luxury brand starts its life with a two-sedan lineup, and this is the smaller of the two: the 2017 Genesis G80, which was known as the Hyundai Genesis prior to the 2017 model year. Compare the G80 with the 2016 Genesis here. The name change comes with no major updates to the car, just a $2,650 price increase due to the inclusion of a lot of formerly optional equipment, mostly on the safety side. The Genesis G90 is the other model.

The G80 competes with mid-size luxury sedans like the BMW 5 Series, Cadillac CTS and Mercedes-Benz E-Class. Compare the four models here.

There are three available trims of the 2017 G80: 3.8 rear-wheel drive, 3.8 all-wheel drive... Read More